PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Cellular South Touch Pro
Carrier: Cellular South

twarren777 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmy72 View Post
I just don't understand how half these people have SOOOOO Many problems. I mean, yeah, I have to tweak a thing or two, here and there, but geez, I'm amazed that some people figured out how to get their phones out of the box. It has to be something yer doing wrong people, otherwise, EVERYONE would have the same problem if it were the ROM. I even read 20 or so pages back, that this ROM Bricked some dudes phone, and then he Unbricked it. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA How the hell do you unbrick a phone??? Once its a brick, thats it, Its over johnny, shell out some money for a new phone. So come on people, don't be so damn quick to blame it on the ROM, and take a look at what you are doing.

This is a really good rom and have enjoyed it the past few days so thanks to the chef.
As for the above quote there is a difference between ignorance and stupidity. I am a noob and I am sure you were at one time a noob too. Or you are a special person who woke up one morning and was a total ppc geek with all knowledge, lol. I for one make mistakes playing with this touch pro and personally thank all the people on these threads that take time to educate me. As I read and learn I have fewer questions. I am very ignorant of alot of stuff revealed on these threads and playing with this phone but not stupid. So there are no stupid questions maybe just a lack of knowledge.
I did get my phone out of the box successfully and yes I have done plenty of things wrong but thanks for my questions being answered I have a very functional phone.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:28 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
@Anyone-What does your phone do during a call? After 905 flash mine was acting like InCall Screen Tweak was still running. So I did the Stock Flash Thang with 906. Initially my screen stayed on till the backlight timed out. Now, without any new apps installed, the screen goes dark during a call, seemingly based on G sensor and/or light sensor. Pushing the center of the D pad brings it right back. I kinda like it for Power Savings and to prevent accidental Cheek Activation. I'm just trying to figure out what is SUPPOSED to happen and what is going on-I'm a geek like that. No complaining,this ROM and nrgz ROCK!
I have a theory but I'll wait to see what you guys say.
I was under the impression that the screen would turn itself off with the stock rom during a call to prevent hitting buttons with your cheek while in a call. In Call Tweeks allows more control of the feature to enhance battery saving and customize the actions to the user's pleasure.

...no?

While I'm a huge fan of the procedure, I think you dudes are getting Stock Flash Frenzied.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

I MAY have a solution to the RSS Hub scrolling issue. Testing now. I'll let ya know. Looks promising.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:39 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
I was under the impression that the screen would turn itself off with the stock rom during a call to prevent hitting buttons with your cheek while in a call. In Call Tweeks allows more control of the feature to enhance battery saving and customize the actions to the user's pleasure.

...no?

While I'm a huge fan of the procedure, I think you dudes are getting Stock Flash Frenzied.
Speaking of, Did you flash to stock? LOL

Just sayin'
Old 09-10-2009, 11:41 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
I MAY have a solution to the RSS Hub scrolling issue. Testing now. I'll let ya know. Looks promising.
Tried it last night and mine does that two.
Never noticed it before because most news feeds I go to did not have a full page to scroll.
Usually read up on the PC.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tp Custom/BB Tour5.0.230
Carrier: Sprint ;>(

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
@Anyone-What does your phone do during a call? After 905 flash mine was acting like InCall Screen Tweak was still running. So I did the Stock Flash Thang with 906. Initially my screen stayed on till the backlight timed out. Now, without any new apps installed, the screen goes dark during a call, seemingly based on G sensor and/or light sensor. Pushing the center of the D pad brings it right back. I kinda like it for Power Savings and to prevent accidental Cheek Activation. I'm just trying to figure out what is SUPPOSED to happen and what is going on-I'm a geek like that. No complaining,this ROM and nrgz ROCK!
I have a theory but I'll wait to see what you guys say.
I'm not sure what you have done about getting your phone pimped, what I did last night was installed his latest v2.3.2 I believe that helped me and I do run in Titanium mode but sense then. it all seem to come together for me. If you what to go a different route I have found a s2a app I have cab that mite help. However I do not take credit for this just the find.
Attached Files
File Type: cab S2U2-2.04-VGA.cab (3.45 MB, 15 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by sprintnerd; 09-10-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro,Mogul,Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

junior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to junior1234

no doubt flashing to stock has become the new cure all for problems.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:51 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post

Just sayin'
Are you threatening me?! Kidding. Root, could you PM me with the link to that file you posted to get the Gsens version of Need for Speed working - rapidshare said the number of downloads had reached its limit. That'd be swell...if I can get it to work, I'll put it in the Gude.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72

Quote:
Originally Posted by twarren777 View Post
This is a really good rom and have enjoyed it the past few days so thanks to the chef.
As for the above quote there is a difference between ignorance and stupidity. I am a noob and I am sure you were at one time a noob too. Or you are a special person who woke up one morning and was a total ppc geek with all knowledge, lol. I for one make mistakes playing with this touch pro and personally thank all the people on these threads that take time to educate me. As I read and learn I have fewer questions. I am very ignorant of alot of stuff revealed on these threads and playing with this phone but not stupid. So there are no stupid questions maybe just a lack of knowledge.
I did get my phone out of the box successfully and yes I have done plenty of things wrong but thanks for my questions being answered I have a very functional phone.
Yer darn skippy, that I used to be a noob when it comes to PPC phones. Be as it may, many years ago, but I was still a noob. However, even as a newbie, I still had the basic concept, that I should probably use the search feature in the forum before I blast the same question over and over and over in the forums. Search bars are nothing new.

Even when the Internet first came out, and all we had were bulletin boards, we could still search. It was a lil harder than it is now, because you had to go into each individual string and run a manual search for that string. Nothing fancy like we have today. However, I also had the concept, that if it was wrong on mine, But not on EVERYONE elses, that it was not a program problem, it was a user error or conflict. If it were a software problem, EVERYONE that used that piece of software would have the same error. It's not like NRG is designing a different ROM for each persons phone, so we are all getting the same ROM. Which means, if you are having a problem with something in it, and it is a error in the ROM, then I would have that error also. But this is not the case.

My advice is this to all. Keep a file on your desktop in notepad, or word, or even excel if ya wanna have a fancy spreadsheet, and keep track of every tweak that you do. This way you have a track pattern of what to do so you don't crash. If you end up with an error, Search first through the forum. Chances are that error has already been covered. It doesn't need to be asked again for the 100th time. So you are right, There are no stupid questions, Just lazy people, that don't want to take the extra 2 minutes to search for a fix for their problems. I mean come on, even if you don't know how to use the search in the forum, there is always google. Did you know that if you google your question with "HTC Touch Pro" also in the google question, it will give you links for ppcgeeks, that you can go in and get your answer. It's only common sense, and it appears that the multitude have none.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post

Just sayin'
Maybe thats what I am doing wrong. Maybe I need to flash, before I flash so I can flash after the flash, only to make sure that I flash again, so I can prep for the next flash. If I do this, maybe I can enjoy all the errors that everyone else is getting. I miss out on all the errors, because all I do is flash the new ROM, and then Hard Reset the phone, and go. Maybe, I will start doing this, and when I get an error, I will make sure to post it. I won't search first, I will just post it like the error has never existed before. muwahahahaha!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro