View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 11:51 AM
jmy72
Regular 'Geeker

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** | Built Sep 6th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twarren777 View Post
This is a really good rom and have enjoyed it the past few days so thanks to the chef.
As for the above quote there is a difference between ignorance and stupidity. I am a noob and I am sure you were at one time a noob too. Or you are a special person who woke up one morning and was a total ppc geek with all knowledge, lol. I for one make mistakes playing with this touch pro and personally thank all the people on these threads that take time to educate me. As I read and learn I have fewer questions. I am very ignorant of alot of stuff revealed on these threads and playing with this phone but not stupid. So there are no stupid questions maybe just a lack of knowledge.
I did get my phone out of the box successfully and yes I have done plenty of things wrong but thanks for my questions being answered I have a very functional phone.
Yer darn skippy, that I used to be a noob when it comes to PPC phones. Be as it may, many years ago, but I was still a noob. However, even as a newbie, I still had the basic concept, that I should probably use the search feature in the forum before I blast the same question over and over and over in the forums. Search bars are nothing new.

Even when the Internet first came out, and all we had were bulletin boards, we could still search. It was a lil harder than it is now, because you had to go into each individual string and run a manual search for that string. Nothing fancy like we have today. However, I also had the concept, that if it was wrong on mine, But not on EVERYONE elses, that it was not a program problem, it was a user error or conflict. If it were a software problem, EVERYONE that used that piece of software would have the same error. It's not like NRG is designing a different ROM for each persons phone, so we are all getting the same ROM. Which means, if you are having a problem with something in it, and it is a error in the ROM, then I would have that error also. But this is not the case.

My advice is this to all. Keep a file on your desktop in notepad, or word, or even excel if ya wanna have a fancy spreadsheet, and keep track of every tweak that you do. This way you have a track pattern of what to do so you don't crash. If you end up with an error, Search first through the forum. Chances are that error has already been covered. It doesn't need to be asked again for the 100th time. So you are right, There are no stupid questions, Just lazy people, that don't want to take the extra 2 minutes to search for a fix for their problems. I mean come on, even if you don't know how to use the search in the forum, there is always google. Did you know that if you google your question with "HTC Touch Pro" also in the google question, it will give you links for ppcgeeks, that you can go in and get your answer. It's only common sense, and it appears that the multitude have none.