PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you hit the unbootable cycle?
No, It all unlocked fine. 257 58.94%
Yes, but flashing a rom over it fixed it. 72 16.51%
Didn't work at all. 107 24.54%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: unlock, flash and even relock your TP via the SD card!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagual View Post
Going from memory...

You need to hook it up to a Windows computer via a USB adapter (or just use the TP--PC cable) and use the format function under disk manager in Windows, or I think you may just be able to right-click the drive letter for the card and select "Format". Choose FAT32 from the menu and select quick format. Be aware of course that a format will erase whatever's on the card so move it elsewhere if you don't want to lose the data.
or use a sd card reader then do the same thing or there is a link somewhere in this thread to nue storage which can format the card from the phone.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

How do you flash the Sprint Relocker file in the zip file? Its just one file in the zip

Thanks
Old 09-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

that one file is the relocker. you flash it like any other flash. (rom, radio, splash and spl all are updated by flashing nbh files designed to update each piece.)
Old 09-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 / HTC Hero

volock is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to volock

No longer having a Windows Machine (I only have Linux and MacOSX installs that aren't running in a virtual environment), I have to say thank you. I have been using this post for forever and never taken the time. Thanks for posting this so long ago.

Phone: Sprint Touch Pro (Personal)
Palm Treo Pro (Work)

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I would spend 6 hours sharpening an axe.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

glad I could help
Old 09-30-2009, 05:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
that one file is the relocker. you flash it like any other flash. (rom, radio, splash and spl all are updated by flashing nbh files designed to update each piece.)

hmm, I lost, I have flashed my phone wtih ROMs many times and even flashed new radios to my Tp, but they are more like syncing with active sync then click on the exe style icon and the flash starts..Is this file intended for placing in your SD card and flashing from your phone instead of Active Sync?

Ok, read the entire first post and understand a bit more now

But does my SD card have to be emtpy and just have those files in it or could it have all the stuff that I have already in the card but place those unlocker and relocker file in the root of the SD card?

Last edited by Deltatristar500; 09-30-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho0z View Post
how can i format to fat32?
use this program on your phone just click "DISMOUNT" then click "FORMAT" and youre done..
P.S. this wipes your SD card in case u dont know...

how many times this been posted??? lol
Attached Files
File Type: cab nueStorageManager-101-v1[1].1-cab.cab (68.5 KB, 30 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 View Post
hmm, I lost, I have flashed my phone wtih ROMs many times and even flashed new radios to my Tp, but they are more like syncing with active sync then click on the exe style icon and the flash starts..Is this file intended for placing in your SD card and flashing from your phone instead of Active Sync?

Ok, read the entire first post and understand a bit more now

But does my SD card have to be emtpy and just have those files in it or could it have all the stuff that I have already in the card but place those unlocker and relocker file in the root of the SD card?
no you do not have to have your sd card empty it just needs to be formatted fat32, named correctly, and not in any folders
Old 09-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

tek79 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tek79 Send a message via Yahoo to tek79

It said you will get a ROM error if you reload with a dumped ROM. I think I used a Dumped ROM.. This is the STOCK ROM i have..

StockSprintHermanOSBigstorageRUU_dumped.nbh

I used that ROM and relocked my phone, then sent it back when I got my new one in the mail. I havent flashed my new one yet. But going by the file name apparently that ROM is dumped. HOw do you get a Stock ROM? Not a dumped one. I never got a ROM error. But still. maybe I was lucky.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:51 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

in the stock rom links in the sticky you can get the shipped rom. I would question wether your phone actually locked if you didn't get the rom error after flashing the dumped rom... or somehow you got lucky and that one happened to be signed properly still.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
unlock flash relock sd