PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you hit the unbootable cycle?
No, It all unlocked fine. 257 58.94%
Yes, but flashing a rom over it fixed it. 72 16.51%
Didn't work at all. 107 24.54%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: unlock your TP via the SD card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two3 View Post
I downloaded the file and unzipped it. The file was already named correctly. and i moved it on the SD card.

ps still not working!
and its just in the /storage card/ on your phone right? are you sure the sd card is fat 32? quite a few of the cards are not formatted properly from the get go.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Two3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
and its just in the /storage card/ on your phone right? are you sure the sd card is fat 32? quite a few of the cards are not formatted properly from the get go.
I used Flash Format on the device to format the card. I put the file in /storage card/. Do you know if i should format the card with a Cluster Size 4 kb or 8 kb?
Old 03-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

not sure on that one since I just used vista to format my 8gig
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ReliTech is a n00b

I just tried to unlock my Touch Pro using the SD card and it seemed to work okay until I went to the bootloader to check to make sure it was unlocked. Once I got to the bootloader to verify the SPL, I got an error...

Upgrade ROM code error... which essentially puts me into a perpetual loop continuously trying to flash...

Anyone experience this? I read some posts in the Diamond section about trying to use MTTY.exe... but figured I would check to see if anyone else experienced this issue and could think of any other way to fix it.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ReliTech is a n00b

Nevermind... I am a complete moron... I used the wrong SPL initially.

I guess I was reading too many threads at once and downloaded from the wrong one. I'm all good now.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:06 AM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

once you used the spl in my OP it all worked correctly right?
Old 03-18-2009, 07:08 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
I had problems syncing with vista, and I figured out how to unlock via the sd card a while back. It seems that this might be useful for others so I am posting a thread to make it more easily searchable. This assumes you already know the basics of flashing. if I get enough demand ill break it down further.
Very nice. I didnt even know this was an option for unlocking.... until now !!!
Old 03-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 650> treo 700> ppc 6700 apache> ppc6800 mogul> htc touch pro

dierre is a n00b

stupid question how do i save to the Root of my 1g sd
Old 03-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Two3 is a n00b

Thanks cornelious2 for all the help and the quick responses to my questions. I never did get it working via the SD card, so i just loaded Xp Pro on my Macbook and just unlocked it that way. Can you recommend any Roms that look like the stock Sprint Rom but have all the Tweaks and Speed like for instance Mighty Rom or Juicy Rom?
Old 03-18-2009, 02:14 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dierre View Post
stupid question how do i save to the Root of my 1g sd
just copy and paste to storage card. Not in any folder, this is what is referred to as root
for example if its drive F:\ then F:\RAPHIMG.nbh would be root (F:\Any_Folder\RAPHIMG.nbh would not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two3 View Post
Thanks cornelious2 for all the help and the quick responses to my questions. I never did get it working via the SD card, so i just loaded Xp Pro on my Macbook and just unlocked it that way. Can you recommend any Roms that look like the stock Sprint Rom but have all the Tweaks and Speed like for instance Mighty Rom or Juicy Rom?
I'd recommend flashing at least a couple of ROMs as you can and test each out for a few days, then decide which one works best for you
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
unlock flash relock sd