PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you hit the unbootable cycle?
No, It all unlocked fine. 257 58.94%
Yes, but flashing a rom over it fixed it. 72 16.51%
Didn't work at all. 107 24.54%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: unlock, flash and even relock your TP via the SD card!

I've reread the instructions 4 times and I've double checked everything 4 times (or more). I'm guessing that maybe I'm using a particular brand of memory card that is not compatible or something.

I didn't mention it but... I did even try nuestorage to format fat32
Old 10-13-2009, 09:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post
I've reread the instructions 4 times and I've double checked everything 4 times (or more). I'm guessing that maybe I'm using a particular brand of memory card that is not compatible or something.

I didn't mention it but... I did even try nuestorage to format fat32
are you renaming the ruu_signed.nbh to RAPHIMG.nbh? also, try just RAPHIMG cause you might have extensions hidden in your file explorer.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Gh05t is just getting started

does anyone know how long the relocking thing takes? Mine been on the loading screen for a while and i reset cause I thought it froze but it resets and goes back to the loading screen.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh05t View Post
does anyone know how long the relocking thing takes? Mine been on the loading screen for a while and i reset cause I thought it froze but it resets and goes back to the loading screen.
it only takes a minute. sounds like you're stuck in the bootloader loop. You need to just flash the sprint shipped rom and you'll be back to normal.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: titan,BA,TREO 700wx, i830/wp
Carrier: atty

aboutthemind is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to aboutthemind
Cool Re: unlock, flash and even relock your TP via the SD card!

thank u sir
Old 10-16-2009, 07:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
its been said MANY times security unlocked will always be there its the 0000 your looking for to make sure its locked vs it saying cmonex at that location.
It sounds like Sprint would then know that your phone had been unlocked and could possibly give them leeway to try and deny someone a claim based on that. I guess clearly it doesn't matter as long as it's locked when they get it? Maybe they just really don't care.

Anyway, first time to the thread. I was wanting to flash the latest update to my ROM, but I'm at work. After having read the thread I've decided to wait till I get home so I can save everything on my SD card. I'll just have to wait and flash from my PC. I'll be trying this soon though for future use. Thanks for starting the thread. It seems well-written and thorough.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 10-16-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:12 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

even when the phone is new in box the spl says security unlocked no need to worry about that
Old 10-17-2009, 05:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Airhead315 is just getting started

Hmm. Im trying to do an update got the RAPHIMG.nbh on the SD card and went into the bootloader. Everything worked fine until it stopped at about 25% on the Update in Progress bar. Its been sitting there for about 10 minutes what should I do???

EDIT: Nevermind, It did fail to update but luckily it kicked back to the bootloader and I was able to use usb to update to the original sprint rom then I was able to flash to Energy ROM. Its my own fault, I actually forgot I had upgraded to the Mighty ROM...once switching back to the original sprint ROM I remembered how terrible it is. Also, I love the facebook integration! I was able to get my GF a tough pro 2 for $199 (we are on SERO) (I wasnt eligble for upgrade ) With Energy ROM our interfaces are very similar though im still jealous over her screen heh.

Last edited by Airhead315; 10-17-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

markl17 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to markl17
Re: unlock your TP via the SD card

hi i got following error
raph8000
spl-0.37.0000
microp-herman (LED) v0c85
Psoc-Raph STAGE_EVT v20

upgrade ROM code error
i definetly have no clue how did herman got into my raph

this is happening and on and on
please help asap
i think i just resolved my own problems
i have windows 7 and apparently there were no drivers associated with usb mobile devices
so once i figured that one out than i just made an update using the old driver which was still there
and lo and behold the thing is working
and i thought that i hosed my phone

Last edited by markl17; 10-18-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

markl17 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to markl17

i wish it would be that simple but my device claims upgrade rom code error and usb is not recognized

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
unlock flash relock sd