PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you hit the unbootable cycle?
No, It all unlocked fine. 257 58.94%
Yes, but flashing a rom over it fixed it. 72 16.51%
Didn't work at all. 107 24.54%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: unlock your TP via the SD card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two3 View Post
Thanks cornelious2 for all the help and the quick responses to my questions. I never did get it working via the SD card, so i just loaded Xp Pro on my Macbook and just unlocked it that way. Can you recommend any Roms that look like the stock Sprint Rom but have all the Tweaks and Speed like for instance Mighty Rom or Juicy Rom?
'

I agree with puff on trying lots of roms. I am partial to YaY 4 Juggs Roms, but lots of people seem to like mighty mike as well. I keep trying to make my own, but they never seem to turn out quite as good as the masters.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

tonyllanes is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Will it be necessary or recommended for me to also change to the verizon rom? I am unlocking my alltel tp and I want to use it on the verizon network. Also do I need any other software to make sure I have the vz prl, sid, etc? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

since I have sprint that question is up for anyone to answer. but I assume any custom rom with the verizon carriar cab should work fine.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

tonyllanes is a n00b

Thanks,

Besides unlocking it, is there any other software that I will need to make sure I have all vz settings? I am new to this if you could't already tell.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

since I have a sprint TP and sprint service I am not really sure, I think the carrier cab takes care of all that but I could be wrong.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:43 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

That was simple. I am a custom ROM virgin lol. Now to get down to business.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>htc 6800>htc 6900>htc 6850>touch pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint sero

kaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good work

Is there a size limit on storage cards that can be formatted? I just a got a 8gb high capacity storage card and i dont want to mess it up but i want it formatted so that I dont have to keep switching storage cards just to flash roms on my phone..
Old 03-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

I use an 8 gig for my flashing, its all good. it used to be a 2 gig limit, but that changed back in the mogul days.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just wanted to say that I got a phone call saying I needed to come into work. Then a phone call saying I can pick up my phone. So I got my replacement phone and was ready to flash with my SD card. Then I remember I have to unlock it first. I was extremely sad that I had to wait. So I was bored on my phone and wanted to see if I can unlock it with my SD card. So I searched and found this.

So I was able to unlock and flash a ROM to my phone all from my phone while at work. That is amazing!

Thanks to you and everyone for making this all possible.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:43 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyllanes View Post
Thanks,

Besides unlocking it, is there any other software that I will need to make sure I have all vz settings? I am new to this if you could't already tell.
You should give KK's ROM a try. Quick and loaded!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
unlock flash relock sd