PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 03:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090830H (23037.5.3.0) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
So I redownloaded the bckgrd zip and so far so good. Just one of those things I guess. Ahuskins, the cab you posted a couple of posts up will not install on my phone. I got it from XDA though. The previous one I installed did not install showcase settings, it only installed showcase. That's why I was having so much trouble. Now it works very nicely. Thanks for everyones help!
Which one wouldn't install? Showcase? Or the keyboard mapping? Superboy 007 BG4ALL?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Which one wouldn't install? Showcase? Or the keyboard mapping? Superboy 007 BG4ALL?
Showcase 1.01.b.cab
Old 09-02-2009, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cchris81 is keeping up the good workcchris81 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
Anyone have any working lock screen settings?

There's a check box for "Lock device when display is turned off" (YESSSSS) unfortunately, you can check it, and go back to lock settings and it's unchecked. It doesn't stay checked even if you set a password.

Also, where do you choose which lockscreen you want now? When I had S2U2 installed, I got the old style lock screen no matter what I did, and when I removed it, I get the new one now.
that setting only works for GSM devices (auto lock) Have to use a 3rd party app, or set a p/w for it to autolock
Old 09-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Christ, I wish that MS would add that function to WM. None of the autolock programs work for me, plus I shouldn't have to install a third party to have the phone lock itself without a password.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:46 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
I haven't installed any fix and don't have keyboard lag. I also don't have the character counter. Most likely disabled by default in the ROM.

ShadowDrake - good to see you back. Unfortunately I'm not a pocket guy and don't use the locks.
I feel loved I didn't even expect to see anyone noticed I faded away. I got to the point I was so tired of the phone I didn't bring it with me most days. Broken keyboards, stolen SDHC card (thank you Sprint store - they still claim it's missing), lockups, poor performance, the whole nine yards. That, of course, had me around here less often. I read around, but 90% of the threads on the first page were the same old stuff people should have searched for, a lot of the innovation seemed to have died off, people stopped creating new things, the forum transformed from a place to share new creations into a problem-solving warehouse where no one really knew what they were doing.

Ok, that's a little extreme, but there was definitely a shift from the "good old days" where most of the threads were of new things. I am enjoying the new ROM, bugs aside, it's nice to have something new to play with, even if it doesn't work perfectly. I'm hoping I'll get swapped to a TP2 soon here (I mean, this TP, statistically speaking, isn't going to last me but two more weeks before it craps out, too), or maybe I'll make the jump to Android now that it's developed a little bit. I do love WM, just wish the hardware weren't so awful

That all aside, I'm pretty off track. Thanks to Juicy for a great ROM release, I'd like to see a new build of 6.5 soon, this one has got some potential but it seems like the new build is much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchris81 View Post
that setting only works for GSM devices (auto lock) Have to use a 3rd party app, or set a p/w for it to autolock
That's really strange. Source? I wonder why it doesn't do anything on CDMA devices, and what that has to do with screen locking...
Old 09-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, 6800

Talyn is keeping up the good workTalyn is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Talyn

****, I forgot that I didn't have internet connected, cause the battery wasn't charging cuase the phone got ot hot. blah blah blah.
So i clicked send, and lost my message. FML.

Anyways.

Whats the deal with every menu being so big?
The pull up menu's are small like they should be, but the settings pages are setup like they are for some other phone. I've seen nobody say anything about this yet. I'd like to see more then 1 or 2 options, like for instance on the phone page. Just all the settings look like they are for 2 times the resolution of our phone. Changing text size down didn't fix it.
The pull up menu's are right now, not huge, which is good, but now everything else is bigger. haha. Yay for fixing popfont finally.

I'm having battery issues with this rom again. The last one i did also. I have 2 batteries. and I got on at 7 to look up the answer to the big menu's stuff, and in 50 mins i lost 60% battery while sharing internet. Getting to hot to fast, so it wont charge. So phone is dead, like i mentioned earlier, i clicked send and screwed it up.

I see mode of operations is now on there, but I wish roaming only was included without me having to change the registry setting for it.

Everything else seems nice.
I wish they would merge the contact lists.
There are 2 different ones on our phones, its really annoying.

no camera issues here.
Try pulling off your back plate and see how it works.

Task manager works wierd, a bit buggy. you guys are saying there is a program that replaces it? or is it just another task manager to hit from the start menu?

heh, i restarted phone and it just died. so funny.

I wish the wireless sharing was left on here.
I did not get to try it before.

Does anyone know some decent, new, internet sharing programs that do not require active sync? Any of the active sync programs are just junk.

Michigan Chapter Leader for Ford Truck Enthusiasts
http://www.midnightmods.com/

Networking, Computer Hardware, Farming

Old phones; I-1000x2, I-32sx, I-90x3, I-860x2, I-930x4, PPC-6800x4, Touch Pro
Old 09-02-2009, 08:28 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
****, I forgot that I didn't have internet connected, cause the battery wasn't charging cuase the phone got ot hot. blah blah blah.
So i clicked send, and lost my message. FML.

Anyways.

Whats the deal with every menu being so big?
The pull up menu's are small like they should be, but the settings pages are setup like they are for some other phone. I've seen nobody say anything about this yet. I'd like to see more then 1 or 2 options, like for instance on the phone page. Just all the settings look like they are for 2 times the resolution of our phone. Changing text size down didn't fix it.
The pull up menu's are right now, not huge, which is good, but now everything else is bigger. haha. Yay for fixing popfont finally.

I'm having battery issues with this rom again. The last one i did also. I have 2 batteries. and I got on at 7 to look up the answer to the big menu's stuff, and in 50 mins i lost 60% battery while sharing internet. Getting to hot to fast, so it wont charge. So phone is dead, like i mentioned earlier, i clicked send and screwed it up.

I see mode of operations is now on there, but I wish roaming only was included without me having to change the registry setting for it.

Everything else seems nice.
I wish they would merge the contact lists.
There are 2 different ones on our phones, its really annoying.

no camera issues here.
Try pulling off your back plate and see how it works.

Task manager works wierd, a bit buggy. you guys are saying there is a program that replaces it? or is it just another task manager to hit from the start menu?

heh, i restarted phone and it just died. so funny.

I wish the wireless sharing was left on here.
I did not get to try it before.

Does anyone know some decent, new, internet sharing programs that do not require active sync? Any of the active sync programs are just junk.
Eh? The wifi internet sharing still works just fine for me.

Ok, it looks a little messed up, but re-installing isn't going to fix that

1) Start -> Settings -> Communications -> WiFi Internet Sharing

2) Tap Open (supposed to say Next)

3*) Click Yes, if asked to set up a data connection.

4*) Scroll down to "My Work Network" and tap Manage Existing Connections.

5*) Go to the Proxy settings tab, and UNCHECK "This network connects to the internet."

6*) Tap ok to close and return to WiFi sharing

7) Configure as you like and connect by tapping "File" (Again, should say Start)

NOTE: Steps marked with an asterisk may not be required for everybody. Some may have to complete those steps once. Some, like me, may have to complete them every time the phone is soft reset.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemoid View Post
Christ, I wish that MS would add that function to WM. None of the autolock programs work for me, plus I shouldn't have to install a third party to have the phone lock itself without a password.
this is it.
"Enable on wakeup" - hooks onto the wakeup w/out staying resident in memory!

[APP]LockDevice [2009-08-26]. Ultralight app to lock after wakeup
thanks to danielherrero
Attached Files
File Type: cab LockDevice_V1.4.CAB (45.3 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by sc00b4s7eve; 09-03-2009 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Gave credit where it was due
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, 6800

Talyn is keeping up the good workTalyn is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Talyn

Well, thanks, I didn't notice it there. was in the start menu before.

Trying to post from it now.

Didn't want to work at first. Didn't think it cuold get on the internet.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:35 PM
VIP Member

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

WOOOHOOO!!!
Got my camera working! AND Youtube audio. I had installed a previous version of DShow to fix the Youtube audio, which it did. But that ended up being what borked my camera, NO VIEWFINDER, arghh!! Uninstalled the DShow just for kicks and both are working! WOOT!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development