View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 07:46 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090830H (23037.5.3.0) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
I haven't installed any fix and don't have keyboard lag. I also don't have the character counter. Most likely disabled by default in the ROM.

ShadowDrake - good to see you back. Unfortunately I'm not a pocket guy and don't use the locks.
I feel loved I didn't even expect to see anyone noticed I faded away. I got to the point I was so tired of the phone I didn't bring it with me most days. Broken keyboards, stolen SDHC card (thank you Sprint store - they still claim it's missing), lockups, poor performance, the whole nine yards. That, of course, had me around here less often. I read around, but 90% of the threads on the first page were the same old stuff people should have searched for, a lot of the innovation seemed to have died off, people stopped creating new things, the forum transformed from a place to share new creations into a problem-solving warehouse where no one really knew what they were doing.

Ok, that's a little extreme, but there was definitely a shift from the "good old days" where most of the threads were of new things. I am enjoying the new ROM, bugs aside, it's nice to have something new to play with, even if it doesn't work perfectly. I'm hoping I'll get swapped to a TP2 soon here (I mean, this TP, statistically speaking, isn't going to last me but two more weeks before it craps out, too), or maybe I'll make the jump to Android now that it's developed a little bit. I do love WM, just wish the hardware weren't so awful

That all aside, I'm pretty off track. Thanks to Juicy for a great ROM release, I'd like to see a new build of 6.5 soon, this one has got some potential but it seems like the new build is much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchris81 View Post
that setting only works for GSM devices (auto lock) Have to use a 3rd party app, or set a p/w for it to autolock
That's really strange. Source? I wonder why it doesn't do anything on CDMA devices, and what that has to do with screen locking...
This post has been thanked 1 times.