PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 06:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090627 (21820.5.0.40) [UC]

Hate to be the typical poster in this thread, but I have to say that as always, GREAT ROM, Juicy~

Again, in typical poster fashion, I will post the issues and problems that I've experienced (most have already been discussed here). The reason for my post however, is to list the deal-breakers that made me go back to WM6.1. These are issues which you may consider looking into, in an attempt to make arguably the best rom even better.

1. Grey backgroun in last 2 revisions - easily fixed with "UI Tweaker" (search thread)
2. 20-120 second lag in the SMS app upon exiting (intermittent, WM6.5 issue?)
3. Slow and laggy YouTube videos. Sputters during caching, skips when viewing during caching, no option to view low quality video.
4. Opera Mobile preloading - not an issue for most, but a huge deal for perfectionists

Happy flashing, everyone!
Old 07-02-2009, 07:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Blitzed26 is keeping up the good workBlitzed26 is keeping up the good work

I am really impressed with this ROM in general, but felt the need to point out what I feel is the most impressive feature!

I am a very heavy user and typically carry 2 extra batteries with me to get through a day. I use to 200 minutes a day (average), receive over 300 emails (exchange push), Hotmail dials up every 30 minutes, surf the web for addresses and other things, and finally play with my phone as much as I can in between all of this. I have not had to charge the phone or replace the battery now for the last 2 days (I charged at night when I went to sleep).

Out of all the features in a new ROM this one is the most important to ME. I realize there are a few other issues in which i can't wait to see a fix, but I no longer have to worry about dying during the day.

Thanks Juicy for a top notch ROM!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bobbigirl83 is a n00b

i've done a bit of searching and can't quite seem to figure this out . . . is there a way to have background on all tabs AND have the facebook integration work on juicy 8? juicy 8 is a fantastic ROM and i have no complaints whatsoever. however, if i can have my cake (background on all tabs) and eat it too (working facebook integration), i will be one happy camper!

i saw the xbmod facebook fix.cab, but i believe that was back in Juicy 6 just to get the integration. i also some some manilla files posted back around that same time but it seemed to mess up the landscape wallpaper.

if anyone can point me in the right direction, i would really appreciate it!
Old 07-02-2009, 09:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (FRESH!)

tripflex is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to tripflex

This is by far my favorite release. With the new phone canvas that works, i'm in love. I've been using Juicy since i got my TP about 6 months ago and i've loved every minute of it. Keep up the good work! I'll be sure to post any bugs i come across...as of now i've been running the most updated version for the past 2 days and haven't found anything
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:13 AM
aliens50

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Programs Tab - Any way to make it better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2037 View Post
I am not big in to diving in to the TF3D files, but the one thing that leaves me wanting more is the Programs Tab.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to:
  • Make the icons bigger or do four per row
  • Remove the labels
Thanks in advance
I run this StartMenu.cab file during UC to give me 4 rows in portrait mode and 6 rows in landscape. I don't remember where I picked it up.
Attached Files
File Type: cab StartMenu.cab (3.7 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliens50 View Post
I run this StartMenu.cab file during UC to give me 4 rows in portrait mode and 6 rows in landscape. I don't remember where I picked it up.
That's Showaco's Expanded Start Menu, from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=3304751
Old 07-02-2009, 01:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
I stumbled across this regkey which enables ## codes in the tachi dialer and in some light testing it doesn't seem to affect dialing out or receiving calls! Try at your own risk, it came from dan-htc-touch.

Set this:
Code:
[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\DialParser]
"DLL-OEM"="PhoneCanvas.dll"
The original setting is this:
Code:
[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\DialParser]
"DLL-OEM"="dpext.dll"
Switching this key breaks a different part of the tachi dialer... i forget what though...
Old 07-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2037 View Post
I am not big in to diving in to the TF3D files, but the one thing that leaves me wanting more is the Programs Tab.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to:
  • Make the icons bigger or do four per row
  • Remove the labels
Thanks in advance
If you are talking about the programs tab try Showaco's four icon programs tab here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=487192

I attached the cab.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Showaco All_Programsv4.1_4ICON.cab (73.7 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

marcun is just getting started
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090618 (21815.5.0.50) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE View Post
...about the in call slider...
I personally don't really like the thing, and think it really is just there to look cool, and get in the way.
I mean, it would be one thing to protect the in call buttons from accidental face presses, even though I don't really think its necessary, but the entire point is pretty much defeated when you have two *GIANORMOUS* active buttons completely unprotected by it, one of which will END THE CALL if only tapped lightly!
I am going to look for a way to just get rid of the thing myself.. :P
Does anyone have a way to disable this function, like a registry edit? I find it annoying as well.

Judging by my lack of success with searching I'm guessing not...
Old 07-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff

Hey Juicy. Are you planning to use Build 23001 for your next release?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development