PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

BrianPAdams is keeping up the good workBrianPAdams is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090627 (21820.5.0.40) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by covkid66 View Post
In Settings | Power | Advanced, what's your "Turn off device if not used for" set to? The default seems to be 30 mins. I honestly haven't left my phone connected to ActiveSync for any great length of time, but I'll try it to see.
power off is set to 30 minutes, but the backlight is set to 1 minute. When connected to activesync, instead of turning the backlight off, it's turning the device off. If it's just conencted to the wall and charging, it doesn't do this. Really weird behavior. I leave it plugged into ActiveSync during the day to keep it synched with Outlook while I'm working. Calendar, contacts, etc. It's no big deal, I just thought it was strange behavior. Prolly a setting I horked up somewhere.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:13 PM
aliens50

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eauh View Post
It seems that I am unable to set up my exchange email with this new release. If I try to set it up via rhodium, nothing syncs. When I try to set it up with the WM setup, I do not get the option to select exchange for the account type. All I get is POP, IMAP, and domain.

Any suggestions on a fix?
Start --> Active Sync

Setup your account through here and if you get a sync error, click "more information" and post the error code.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro CDMA

bedlam247 is becoming a great contributor

Hello everyone,

I need your help. Just today, all the apps including the web browsers (IE and Opera) will not connect to the internet. I tried both DCD carrier cabs. I flashed twice. I did a hard reset twice. I did not install ANY cabs except for the sprint carrier cab but to no avail. The internet refuse to connect. It first appear when I tried to IM using OZ this morning and have off and on tried everything I wrote above. Please help. I don't know what else to do. I even reflashed to the older J8 build.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:31 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedlam247 View Post
Hello everyone,

I need your help. Just today, all the apps including the web browsers (IE and Opera) will not connect to the internet. I tried both DCD carrier cabs. I flashed twice. I did a hard reset twice. I did not install ANY cabs except for the sprint carrier cab but to no avail. The internet refuse to connect. It first appear when I tried to IM using OZ this morning and have off and on tried everything I wrote above. Please help. I don't know what else to do. I even reflashed to the older J8 build.

Flash back to stock and then try the internet then. If it doesn't work then, it is most likely a hardware problem or it's a problem on Sprint's end.

dwizzy130

Old 06-30-2009, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Hello everyone,

The only thing I have not tried is to flash back to the Stock Sprint ROM.

Any advice is much appreciated
Old 06-30-2009, 06:36 PM
iPhone Killer

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
The only thing I have not tried is to flash back to the Stock Sprint ROM.

Any advice is much appreciated

Ok well sweet. Try it and report back.
Hope it helps,

dwizzy130
Old 06-30-2009, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
Ok well sweet. Try it and report back.
Hope it helps,

dwizzy130
Thanks for you help dwizzy130! I flashed back to the stock Sprint ROM and I am happy to let everyone that's on J8 that my internet is still not working. Like you said, it may be hardware, just bad luck.

I would like to thank dwizzy130 for such a quick reply. Thanks to everyone that has help me along the way.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to whatsleft4her

hehehe new signature now she is sexy!
Old 06-30-2009, 07:03 PM
iPhone Killer

Quote:
Thanks for you help dwizzy130! I flashed back to the stock Sprint ROM and I am happy to let everyone that's on J8 that my internet is still not working. Like you said, it may be hardware, just bad luck.

I would like to thank dwizzy130 for such a quick reply. Thanks to everyone that has help me along the way.

Man, i'm sorry to here that... Just one last thing to try, pull out the battery for 5 whole minutes. Then turn it on and try the internet again.

dwizzy130
Old 06-30-2009, 07:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by codydavis22 View Post
Also Juicy would you ever consider building Sashimi into your roms?
As much as I like more stuff in the ROM, this is a program that really would be worthless to be built into the ROM due to you would still have to copy your files over. So if you are going to have to do that, just have it on your Storage Card and all you do is run the Binary and it installs itself and runs all at the same time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development