PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2009, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TwoSteppin4140 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090627 (21820.5.0.40) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
I may be wrong, but I think that is what he is pointing out. If MyMobiler is showing it fine, then it isn't the ROM, in fact it is probably an LCD issue. Sorry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
ya most likely ur lcd is going bad or the ribbon cable connecting the 2 sliding parts may be going bad, hope u got insurance on ur phone

Well crap. I do have insurance...but really don't want to have to deal with that. Is my best bet to flash back to stock, lock it up, and take it to a store?
Old 06-28-2009, 01:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

This is a great rom juicy! you have truly outdone yourself AGAIN!
I85 Nextel--> LG VX6000--> Moto V710--> Motorola Razr V3c unlocked alltel--> Razr V3c Verizon Red UI--> Motorola e815--> HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> Blackberry TOUR--> HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 06-28-2009, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

trevor_g is keeping up the good worktrevor_g is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSteppin4140 View Post
Program works great - but it doesn't show the defects ... it looks just fine, which is not the case.
Sorry to hear this man. This is definitely a hardware issue with your LCD. Hopefully it's simply a loose ribbon cable inside (they can loosen eventually because of the sliding keyboard motion). At worst it's a cracked LCD, which you may / may not be able to see.

If it's the latter, pick up a busted Touch Pro with a good screen and get someone who's tech-savvy to swap it in for you. I've repaired a few Titans in my day, and it's entirely possible to do.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indie View Post
1. When typing a symbol, I don't want to be asked to confirm it and if I bypass the confirmation, it won't type the symbol, just a space. Is there anyway to get rid of the horrible symbol confirmation when typing?
Never had that problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indie View Post
2. When I'm currently in a SMS thread, it no longer gives notification when a new SMS is received. I can understand why it would do this, because you are already on the screen, but a lot of times I'll leave my phone on this screen, but not look at it and go do other things. Is there anyway to get audio notifications turned back on when in an SMS thread?
That's a manila issue. If you're using the default WM messaging app, that problem is non existant
Old 06-28-2009, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: None for this phone

ziptrx is just getting started

I flashed last night and noticed a few glitches. Nothing major, but wanted to make others aware.

1. When clicking bluetooth, on the comm manager, it takes you to the screen for scanning for a headset. On this page neither softkey, Back nor Advanced, work for me. (Not a ROM issue but an issue with TF3D2)

2. All settings softkey on TF3D2 settings tab links to Connection settings instead of All Settings. (Apparently this is an issue with 6.5)

Other than that, the ROM seems to be stable and fast. Thanks for providing the "new" for the "old".

Last edited by ziptrx; 06-29-2009 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Some problems fixed so removed
Old 06-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziptrx View Post
I flashed last night and noticed a few glitches. Nothing major, but wanted to make others aware.

1. When clicking bluetooth, on the comm manager, it takes you to the screen for scanning for a headset. On this page neither softkey, Back nor Advanced, work for me.

2. In the phone settings, advance tab, the scrollbar doesn't scroll so you can read the entire last option. Not a major issue if you already know what the last option is.

3. All settings softkey on TF3D2 settings tab links to Connection settings instead of All Settings. Another minor glitch.

4. Clicking on Bluetooth Devices, from TF3D2, does not work.

5. Bluetooth kills my data connection regardless of bluetooth pan driver being set to server-assign address.

Other than that, the ROM seems to be stable and fast.
there is only One issue that is "all settings directing you to the communication folder" thats known in 6.5 ROM I believe.
all the other that you mention will be corrected if you following the directions after flashing...Complete a hard reset and it all should be fine...95% of others individuals don't have this problem.
Just to clarify what you mention are not bugs not normal glitches upon flashing. All this can be resolve by tweaking your phone to your personal liking, All the ROM cooks give us a great platform to work off of and make our devices personal, if you were on the stock rom you will have to tweak it also to your liking correct....not call the manufacture and tell them they have "BUGS". All these custom ROMS are a base platform but it is also a generic to all so they can custom how they want, I believe each chef will build a personal ROM to your liking for a small fee so you will not have the same as every one else....
Old 06-28-2009, 05:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

Just noticed a little error (but it doesn't inhibit functionality):
When I plug in my headset or the output box/module/thingy
-TouchFlo recognizes it as a headset and throws the headset icon up on the taskbar.
-But the HTC Notification Manager Gives Message "BlueTooth On." If you dismiss the message, the headset icon disappears.
-I checked in HKLM-Software-HTC-H2W and "3_5 mic" was still @ zero (I think that's the correct reg... but you get what I'm saying).
Old 06-28-2009, 05:49 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I'm now having problems with wifi turning itself on. It won't turn off (Comm manager will switch off, but it'll still be consuming power), and it seems to turn itself on randomly, more often when the battery is low. When it turns itself on, it doesn't respond so I can't even use it to connect to a network. A soft reset doesn't fix the problem most of the time. Sometimes it'll show as on in comm manager but I won't have an icon for it, and again, it won't connect.

Also, even without s2u2 I'm getting lockups on boot, unless I keep the phone active. If it goes to standby while booting (because, let's face it, boot times are still long) it will freeze and I'll have to soft reset it and tend to it, tapping the capacitive area every 20 seconds or so...

Suggestions? (Yes, I did hard reset after flash, I even restored to the stock sprint rom before flashing, hard reset, flashed this ROM, hard reset again)
Old 06-28-2009, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: None for this phone

ziptrx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
there is only One issue that is "all settings directing you to the communication folder" thats known in 6.5 ROM I believe.
all the other that you mention will be corrected if you following the directions after flashing...Complete a hard reset and it all should be fine...95% of others individuals don't have this problem.
Just to clarify what you mention are not bugs not normal glitches upon flashing. All this can be resolve by tweaking your phone to your personal liking, All the ROM cooks give us a great platform to work off of and make our devices personal, if you were on the stock rom you will have to tweak it also to your liking correct....not call the manufacture and tell them they have "BUGS". All these custom ROMS are a base platform but it is also a generic to all so they can custom how they want, I believe each chef will build a personal ROM to your liking for a small fee so you will not have the same as every one else....
It appears that I was wrong on stating the glitches here, when I should have reported/searched in the dev thread for TF3D2.

Last edited by ziptrx; 06-28-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSteppin4140 View Post
Well crap. I do have insurance...but really don't want to have to deal with that. Is my best bet to flash back to stock, lock it up, and take it to a store?
i would just flash back to stock and confirm it keeps doing it in stock, take it into a repair shop, they wont know if its unlocked or not and really wont care, if they cant fix it, then they will have to order u a new one (most likely gonna get a refurb) but u wont have to pay a penny out of pocket

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development