PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

codydavis22 is keeping up the good workcodydavis22 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to codydavis22 Send a message via Skype™ to codydavis22
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090627 (21820.5.0.40) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
Yeah I know they are different WM's. Yes those posts were fast between. I did flash it last night (Juicy and used it today, yes I had my head up my *** when I posted those posts, sorry for that. lol

Look I am not saying Juicy is unstable, I am saying Mighty is more stable for me. Juicy is very fast, but I think the new REVO is faster, again for me. Juicy says it is for pros but releases it with so many problems, how can he say that. that was all I was saying. now I will go away and leave you all alone, since I will not be using Juicy rom anymore. and I apologize to those whom I have deeply offended. Please dont take offense anyone, I am not here to bash. thanks
You need to understand the whole picture. Juicy releases updates almost every week. If you wanted one problem free go back to one of juicy's earlier builds. When I was on Juicy's 6.1 roms, my battery lasted for ever and it flew....basically probably just as good as revolution...but that was a couple months ago. Now juicy is "revolutionizing" the TP with new software/ drivers and everything. There are no serious issues with juicy's current rom...and it definitely is not unstable. People who are running this rom...for the most part....are interested in the rhodium/ wm 6.5 combo....and as of now this is the best rom for that. I have flashed like a crack head.....here at SPJ...everywhere and Juicy is the BEST cook out there....and the fastest to release steady updates
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

coreyoli is keeping up the good workcoreyoli is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
i have a question for you Juicy users. I admit i pretty much use Might Roms's, but i did want to give this latest build a run.

what ive never understood on these roms, is there never seems to be a way the memory is recaptured. I boot with mid 40's memory percentage used, and it keep growing, growing during the day. Especially with Opera, when watching the memory its like the program is never closed even though it is. Now im up to 69% memory used and its grown by 20mb.

i guess this is standard, but im used to when a progrm is closed, that memory being released. What are your thoughts? Good rom overall though.
Try HTCAddicts ClearRAM... Works awesome for reclaiming App Memory that is lose throughout use..

Good luck

-Corey
Old 06-27-2009, 09:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyoli View Post
Try HTCAddicts ClearRAM... Works awesome for reclaiming App Memory that is lose throughout use..

Good luck

-Corey
Ummm...thanks for the post. Im very familiar with a "reclaiming app", but ive never needed it before. I was just asking Juicy or true blue juicy users if this was standard with these roms.

thanks again

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 06-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

coreyoli is keeping up the good workcoreyoli is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Ummm...thanks for the post. Im very familiar with a "reclaiming app", but ive never needed it before. I was just asking Juicy or true blue juicy users if this was standard with these roms.

thanks again
Sorry, didn't mean to offend you or talk down to you... But some people spend a lot of time in this part of the forum and very little in the software forum.. I'll put your name in my "don't bother trying to help" file for future reference...

-Corey
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:16 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post

You need to take your head out of your ***
I am going to have to agree on this......a 6 minute trial.....rofllmao!!!
Old 06-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Really curious about the keyboard issue. the kmap.txt file seems right, I even tried bringing up the MS Keyboard. Seems like there's just no was to enable any kind of text prediction fot the hardware keyboard no xt9 or native windows. I am thoroughly confused
Old 06-27-2009, 09:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon

liquidi3ladz is keeping up the good workliquidi3ladz is keeping up the good work

Quote:

thanks again
I think Juicy said the ram is earmarked for those applications.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:38 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Not that anyone needs another opinion here, but...

Juicy is focused on the new stuff. I tried 7 and it was just a little too early to adopt as TF3D2 was a little too buggy for me at the time. With Juicy 8, the ROM crossed in to a more than acceptable level of functionality vs. bleeding edge.

I have pretty much been a Mighty user up until 8 and DCD back in my Titan days. Mighty is currently spending lots of time fine tuning 6.1. He makes good 6.5 ROMs as well, but does not take as many risks as Juicy. Right now Juicy is on top in my book. Tomorrow it might be Mighty again while Juicy is off pioneering features again. Either way, they both deserve a ton of respect for the work they do.

In the end it all comes down to what works for you and both do a great job.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

So apparently, the only way to get a choice between full qwerty, compact qwerty and phone keypad to actually pop up like its supposed to is to have biotouch installed but all of the above are included in this release, just have to bring them up from the registry.

Anyone know where I can get my hands on the ezinput 2.1 package?
Old 06-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (CDMA)

papaslides is just getting started

You know, I don't post here or at XDA very often but, and even though my words won't matter to most, and I'm probably stepping in here for my own reasons not for anyone elses, I still want to weigh in...

Everyone should realize that these ROMs require a lot of work, a lot of effort, and at best the cooks receive a handful of praising lines in their threads and maybe a few bucks in donations, at worst they get flamed for creating bad ROMs... those of you who log on here to complain really need to flash back to the stock ROM and not be a part of this community anymore... your comments are actually THAT pointless.

As far as who's rom is better than who's... what does it matter? Everyone cooks their rom with a different purpose. Mighty's ROM's are meant to be really really stable, Silence makes fast, snappy roms, Juicy is pushing the envelope trying to shoehorn an OS that hasn't been released, an interface that is for a different phone, and software that has yet to be designed to work with either. Everyone makes great ROM's you gravitate towards one or another because your priorities are in line with the cooks'. If you don't like someone's rom then use a different one but don't waste space and time logging in to flame the cooks, their roms, or their users... seriously!

I think I have used just about every rom on here (well most anyhow) and each one I use for 2-7 days at a time. I like them all for different reasons, and I have a hard time sticking with one cook or another because I'm always dying to try something new... and all of these cooks work their *** off so people like me can do that, they don't get paid, they don't owe us ANYTHING, so please lets be civil adults and appreciate their hard work... and if we have critiques lets make them constructive, help them develop better ROM's not insult them for "failing" in your narrow minded view.

*puts soap box away*

Sorry to fill so much space... but can we all just grow up... please?
This post has been thanked 7 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development