PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

santino405 is keeping up the good worksantino405 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 7 - Build 090530 (21725.5.0.2) [UC]

Camera app is giving me a trusted certificate error, and the sensorsdk, doesn't seem to be working correctly. I've tried a few differen't OEM's for the sensor, but none of them seem to work correctly, either in HTC album, or in my Opera OEM, any one can shed some light on this? I will try a differen't Camera OEM soon as i get home. On another note

Awesome Kitchen JD, i think it is this Kitchen/WM 6.5 build that will make me finally swtich. This is the first build that has leaked that i found to be reponsive enough and bugg free enough for me to use it day to day, thanks for the hard work, you rock man.

Last edited by santino405; 05-31-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

Problems I have noticed.

1) Enryption is not included. This is a problem because my company's exchange server requires this for direct push. Is there a CAB I can find to install this?
2) When Opera is removed from the kitchen selections, customization breaks because it is looking for it. It just locks up. This actually uncovered something interesting... when customization breaks, my internet speed after soft reset is MUCH faster than it would have been if customization would have completed. I am on SPRINT, so I dont know if that has anything to do with it. Whatever the case, customization doesn't help the internet speed.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

sodde is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve View Post
If you look in the past few pages you'll see that it's a Flash-content-in-Opera issue(IE6 works well though).

Don't forget that there is an entire thread dedicated to Weather Master Rhodium over at xda.
They recommend this as the standard solution for this issue:
-disable TouchFlo (possible shutdown&startup device for good measure)
-go to "\Application Data\HTC\databases" and delete the weather database file "forecast_cache.db"
-enable TouchFlo and you should be good to go.
Can anyone confirm that this works on 090530H?
Old 05-31-2009, 10:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

aaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by santino405 View Post
Camera app is giving me a trusted certificate error, and the sensorsdk, doesn't seem to be working correctly. I've tried a few differen't OEM's for the sensor, but none of them seem to work correctly, either in HTC album, or in my Opera OEM, any one can shed some light on this? I will try a differen't Camera OEM soon as i get home. On another note

Awesome Kitchen JD, i think it is this Kitchen/WM 6.5 build that will make me finally swtich. This is the first build that has leaked that i found to be reponsive enough and bugg free enough for me to use it day to day, thanks for the hard work, you rock man.

Ummmm correct me if Im wrong but this is Juicys thread not JDs thread,lol.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP

lagvoid is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmany21 View Post
hey juicy nice rom but ive had 3 problems so far:
1. after backing up via myphone i wanted to select a text conversation. the up/down would not work. I deleted about 50% of my 1500 texts and it eventually worked.
2. exiting out of the text app, it almost always freezes. After a bit it closes out.
3. this last time it froze i did a soft reset and it sent my phone into a hard rest.. now setting up the phone all over again.

and ideas or help......and yes i did hardrest after the flash twice and now this would be my third hard reset.
I've always had the text freezing issue with 6.5. wonder if it will ever be resolved.

I want to try juicy's latest, but the activesync issue is a deal breaker for me. I've been happy with the 5.25 build so can't wait to check out the speed and battery life gains.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO - VirusROM

SnoopDawg is keeping up the good workSnoopDawg is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek818 View Post
Anyone else having a problem getting this ROM to sync with an Exchange server? I have flashed this phone probably 100+ times, and each time, activesync reconnects without a hitch. I enter in all my server info, then when I get to the part where it usually tells me that my server is going to enforce policies on my device, it just hangs with no prompt, saying "synchronizing". I have even rebooted my exchange server...

Anyone get it to work?
I have had problems in the past. What I normally do, is enable Wi-Fi, Start the sync, then reboot. It is slow to sync cuz I have close to 500 contacts and usually at least > 150 messages for last 3 days.

The other weird thing is that it will get Uber slow when typing on some messages. I just run SKTools Clear RAM and it helps. I think I set my PagePool to 24MB.

Sometimes my activesync will act really, really ghey. Where it will prompt for password. I type my password and it doesn't respond unless I open and close the KB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnrb View Post
Removing nk.exe is the easy part. Repackaging is the difficult part. XIPPort crashes when I try to do a Make Packages on a 6.5 XIP . But the effect on OEMDrivers is a huge diff! You should try it. It improves speed on drivers beyond recognition and has turned my cooked ROMs into speed demons. (Well obviously because teh SWP instruction was deprecated in ARM code because of speed issues ) You should include it in later versions of your kitchen and use it on your ROMs.
Jonnrb, I will also try the OEM drivers, I skull-raped my kitchen by running it against the wrong file.

The nueSpinLock patch, looks for a byte pattern. Assembly OP codes refer to

Code:
INTERRUPTS_ON                           ; called with BL
                                        ; ...
                MRS     R0, CPSR
                BIC     R1, R0, #0x80
                MSR     CPSR_cf, R1
                BX      LR
; End of function INTERRUPTS_ON
So the byte code would 1 Byte for the opt code i.e. MRS = 1 byte, followed by the other codes.

So to find the pattern, only 1 hex value, representing the byte would have to be replace.. In the NeuSpinLock update, he replaces a function call with a single byte. It should have a big impact at the # of instructions required.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagvoid View Post
I've always had the text freezing issue with 6.5. wonder if it will ever be resolved.

I want to try juicy's latest, but the activesync issue is a deal breaker for me. I've been happy with the 5.25 build so can't wait to check out the speed and battery life gains.
I've almost never had any SMS freezing issues.
I restore contact, texts, Calender & tasks with TouchFlo disabled. It's perfect cause then I can shutdown-reboot and I'm ready for Sashimi customizations.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP

lagvoid is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve View Post
I've almost never had any SMS freezing issues.
I restore contact, texts, Calender & tasks with TouchFlo disabled. It's perfect cause then I can shutdown-reboot and I'm ready for Sashimi customizations.
next flash I'll try to restore my info with TF disabled. maybe thats the cause? i did notice that things got worse when i had a lot of texts stored.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

nismo95tt is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmany21 View Post
hey juicy nice rom but ive had 3 problems so far:
1. after backing up via myphone i wanted to select a text conversation. the up/down would not work. I deleted about 50% of my 1500 texts and it eventually worked.
2. exiting out of the text app, it almost always freezes. After a bit it closes out.
3. this last time it froze i did a soft reset and it sent my phone into a hard rest.. now setting up the phone all over again.

and ideas or help......and yes i did hardrest after the flash twice and now this would be my third hard reset.
I had problems similar to the ones you've described when restoring 3500+ sms from MS My Phone..Hard reset- and no issues since (although I did not restore the sms again).
Old 06-01-2009, 01:23 AM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo95tt View Post
I had problems similar to the ones you've described when restoring 3500+ sms from MS My Phone..Hard reset- and no issues since (although I did not restore the sms again).

Same here. On alot of ROMs I used to restore almost 5000 texts and it always would slow down my phone and make tmail.exe lock up. I think all in all, restoring a bunch of texts is a bad idea nomatter what ROM.

dwizzy130

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development