SnoopDawg
PPCGeeks Regular

SnoopDawg is keeping up the good workSnoopDawg is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 7 - Build 090530 (21725.5.0.2) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek818 View Post
Anyone else having a problem getting this ROM to sync with an Exchange server? I have flashed this phone probably 100+ times, and each time, activesync reconnects without a hitch. I enter in all my server info, then when I get to the part where it usually tells me that my server is going to enforce policies on my device, it just hangs with no prompt, saying "synchronizing". I have even rebooted my exchange server...

Anyone get it to work?
I have had problems in the past. What I normally do, is enable Wi-Fi, Start the sync, then reboot. It is slow to sync cuz I have close to 500 contacts and usually at least > 150 messages for last 3 days.

The other weird thing is that it will get Uber slow when typing on some messages. I just run SKTools Clear RAM and it helps. I think I set my PagePool to 24MB.

Sometimes my activesync will act really, really ghey. Where it will prompt for password. I type my password and it doesn't respond unless I open and close the KB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnrb View Post
Removing nk.exe is the easy part. Repackaging is the difficult part. XIPPort crashes when I try to do a Make Packages on a 6.5 XIP . But the effect on OEMDrivers is a huge diff! You should try it. It improves speed on drivers beyond recognition and has turned my cooked ROMs into speed demons. (Well obviously because teh SWP instruction was deprecated in ARM code because of speed issues ) You should include it in later versions of your kitchen and use it on your ROMs.
Jonnrb, I will also try the OEM drivers, I skull-raped my kitchen by running it against the wrong file.

The nueSpinLock patch, looks for a byte pattern. Assembly OP codes refer to

Code:
INTERRUPTS_ON                           ; called with BL
                                        ; ...
                MRS     R0, CPSR
                BIC     R1, R0, #0x80
                MSR     CPSR_cf, R1
                BX      LR
; End of function INTERRUPTS_ON
So the byte code would 1 Byte for the opt code i.e. MRS = 1 byte, followed by the other codes.

So to find the pattern, only 1 hex value, representing the byte would have to be replace.. In the NeuSpinLock update, he replaces a function call with a single byte. It should have a big impact at the # of instructions required.