PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dr. Squishy's ROM Review Thread (Updated 2/4/09)

So its official. MightyMike is the new king of Touch Pro ROMs.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yesterday i flashed Mighty 4.9.3. I've been running Juicy 4.7 since it was posted up, like noted it's Clean/Stable/Fast -

I was hesitant to try Mighty's roms for a good long while, i tried various others before i finally came around as i see he was making a good effort to accommodate for a different countries carrier

(+++)The overall speed is spectacular, you can really tell just by taking a look in the (dreaded) Windows folder (1½ second tops) It has a very good upgraded program set, with the least set up time I've had.

(-) Fresh after the flash on Mighty 4.9.3, TF3D launches and you are greeted to a semi pixelated black clock with white numbers. Imho the White Flip always looks crisp and clear.

(-) Just a matter of practical use, or opinion for that matter, the CDMA Slide to Answer is set to default on Mighty 4.9.3. There's a few great working cabs for CDMA white and black Slide to Answer styles, tested and confirmed working by myself and many others.
*i.e people using a clip holster would not need the slide to answer nearly as much as say a person placing the phone in their pocket

(-) obex inbox (hmm) and network plug in (hmm..) not sure if they are necessary tools for operation but the network plug in is has a distorted graphic like a reddish hue :P
they are on a few Roms but Ive never used them ::shrugs:: cough trim the fat..cough

Overall Mighty is Tops and its a very dedicated purposeful ROM. Love the OS Build, you can tell its "carrier stable" whatever that means to anyone. Just some thoughts.
Thanks
Old 02-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

S2A is the **** when you don't like answering phonecalls right away always and you don't want to hit Answer by mistake!
Old 02-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff

What about Dream's 1.2? I've found that one to be quite fast and stable.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

viwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx77 View Post
What about Dream's 1.2? I've found that one to be quite fast and stable.
I've found this as well, only prob for me is that any proggy requiring use of contacts the letters related to contacts isn't listed alphebetically on the right hand menu.

Last edited by viwizard; 02-05-2009 at 12:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

xdanimalx is just getting started

Very useul thread as I am looking for the perfect ROM to install.
I think I'm going to try them all actually and find out what I like best.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdanimalx View Post
Very useul thread as I am looking for the perfect ROM to install.
I think I'm going to try them all actually and find out what I like best.
That's pretty much the way to do it, try them all first and see which one works best for you. Personally, I've found all of them to be fairly decent and some of the things I don't like in some ROMs others might like.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cynicalslacker is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx77 View Post
That's pretty much the way to do it, try them all first and see which one works best for you. Personally, I've found all of them to be fairly decent and some of the things I don't like in some ROMs others might like.
exactly what I think to. i try every single rom thats released. each has their pluses and minuses. even though at the moment, i do not use mightys rom, i still lurk his thread and hes answered a few questions ive had about fixing certain issues in general as they seem to float around a lot of the custom roms in general
Old 02-05-2009, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

ejqr5 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to ejqr5

One thing I haven't read in the thread is battery life. How do these roms do with battery life? I used Dream's 1.2 for a while, but for some reason, I had very bad battery life. Loved everything else about it. I have not tried Mighty's yet. How is the battery life on it? I'm using Juicy's 4.7 and it's been very fast and stable.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

d-kahn is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocochannel View Post
you should try juggalo. i dont like how the menus and everything appear so small with mighty
To get the large start menu go into settings then touchflo settings and change it to large start menu. To get the large task monitor it can be changed in settings as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development