PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TheUltimateDroid Blue Midnight X Theme. Slayer1.6
Carrier: Verizon

rossi636 is keeping up the good workrossi636 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dr. Squishy's ROM Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
Thanks guys-

I definitely want to keep this thread positive/objective. I've noticed that a lot of "What ROM do you like the best" threads get deleted. I don't want to upset the guys that do all this fantastic work... but I wanted a place to log my notes, hoping someone may benefit from my trials.
Hey Doc.. Update your profile, still showing u using a Mogul and thats a dinosaur these days.. thanks for the insight..
Old 02-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jbruns is a n00b

Nice review... I have also tried each of these and find you comments spot on...
Old 02-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Very nice read!!! This should help out some of the newer people skimming through trying to pick the perfect rom.

Maybe if you don't decide to switch roms as frequent to test, some other users can PM you their reviews and you can update your first post!!!!

Good job
Old 02-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Nice man. I was looking for someone to compare Juicy's to Mighty's and NO ONE came forth. Thanks.

Expect Juicy to send a buncha mean lookin dudes to rough you up though. Thats jus how this business works

And I like light ROMs since I don't really use too many different apps anyway other than Google Maps, Sprint TV, Coreplayer, Total Commander, PHM REgedit and some games...
Old 02-04-2009, 07:12 PM
raybudd

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Dr. Squishy's ROM Review Thread (Updated 2/4/09)

One of the better reviews I've read. Try Merdin's rom. I'm running that on my TP w/ the 1.11 radio and I'm very pleased with it overall. I have not flashed v3.4 yet as I've been swamped w/ work but plan on doing that this wknd unless he comes out w/ another update.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Yea "Dr. Squishy", you gotta try Merdin's rom as well.
It has a sweeeet landscape view.
I keep bouncing back to Merdin as my "customized" standard, while KK's is my "Latest tech" standard, and Mighty is like juggalo my "workhorse" standard, and Juicy is my "special" standard.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

MightyROM 4.9.3 + Telus 1.04 Radio beat everything else in the CDMA category
Old 02-05-2009, 05:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

how could you forget DREAM ROM v1.2? ! lol...
I85 Nextel--> LG VX6000--> Moto V710--> Motorola Razr V3c unlocked alltel--> Razr V3c Verizon Red UI--> Motorola e815--> HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> Blackberry TOUR--> HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 02-05-2009, 06:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

cocochannel is becoming a great contributor

you should try juggalo. i dont like how the menus and everything appear so small with mighty
Old 02-05-2009, 09:56 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I've tried a lot of ROM's with the same results you had, Squishy. Mighty 4.9.3 is still bug-free for me, and I'm pretty sure it's faster than Juicy 4.7. Mighty 4.9 was bug free as well, but mightymike claimed 4.9.3 was better and faster, so I updated and he wasn't lying. lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development