PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro Raphael
Carrier: Verizon

glleon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
dumbed down verizon TP

All,

Let me first say how grateful I am for all the great custom roms i have been able to use on my phone to fully unlock its potential.. i have used the latest juicey, ssk and mighty roms and love them all but... i run in to the same memory problem with all of them. after a day of smooth sailing i will unavoidably get the famous "out of memory" error when I try to run more than one thing at once.. or my phone just becomes unusable until i softreset it. in fact my phone seems to run at arount 85 to 90% utilization with nothing running but activesync and TF.. Verizons Raphael version of the TP has half the memory of the sprint version so my question is.. are these roms written with the sprint phones in mind? or do I just need to use the page pool editor to give my phone more free memory? or do i just need to run a clean rom until vz pulls their heads out and stops chopping up their phones. thanks in advance!
Old 03-19-2009, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

aldojr80 is becoming a great contributor
Re: dumbed down verizon TP

Quote:
Originally Posted by glleon View Post
All,

Let me first say how grateful I am for all the great custom roms i have been able to use on my phone to fully unlock its potential.. i have used the latest juicey, ssk and mighty roms and love them all but... i run in to the same memory problem with all of them. after a day of smooth sailing i will unavoidably get the famous "out of memory" error when I try to run more than one thing at once.. or my phone just becomes unusable until i softreset it. in fact my phone seems to run at arount 85 to 90% utilization with nothing running but activesync and TF.. Verizons Raphael version of the TP has half the memory of the sprint version so my question is.. are these roms written with the sprint phones in mind? or do I just need to use the page pool editor to give my phone more free memory? or do i just need to run a clean rom until vz pulls their heads out and stops chopping up their phones. thanks in advance!
Your doing something wrong i run with 45 percent all the time. Tons of memory and sometimes shoot run five things at once. What is your pagepool maybe you have it too high. Also you can remove the dialer skin and save 8 11mb

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

glleon is a n00b

umm.. i have never adjusted the page pool on any of the roms.. just install and go.. how do you turn off the dialer skin? how would you see what your current pp setting is? and how would you adjust it with the page pool tool?

Last edited by glleon; 03-19-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

well use the pagepool that comes with it and lower it down to 12. mighty and lots are for sprint. SSK is for verizon. Go to this thread about the diler and read it tells you what to do and get very easy http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47068 .
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

glleon is a n00b

WOW!! yeah the current pp was set to 24.. no wonder my phone never has any memory left.. I adjusted it to 12 and will report back later... thanks!
Old 03-19-2009, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

no worries and use the dialer trick also go and download htc volume cab fix so it your in call volume works after you take the dialer skin off. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=589077
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

glleon is a n00b

done.. i will report back in a couple days.. thanks!!
Old 03-20-2009, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

Elite Precision is keeping up the good workElite Precision is keeping up the good work

I boot with avg 55% free with the SSK1.5 rom im running. This is with TF3D (13 tabs), S2A dialer, and large start menu running. I am constantly abusing this phone running mutiple apps all day and rarely have under 30% free. I tried the latest juicy rom (very nice rom btw) but even with the pagepool set to 6, i was running out of memory so had to revert back to the SSK rom which i am very happy with. If you dont want a custom rom and can deal with vzw TF3D theme,try the prerelease vzw rom on the stock rom links. I have had great results with it but changing themes on that setup is a hassle. Try Scotts rom, you wont be dissapointed...
Old 03-20-2009, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

Elite Precision is keeping up the good workElite Precision is keeping up the good work
Smile Re: dumbed down verizon TP

nice sig pic btw aldo...
Old 03-20-2009, 01:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Precision View Post
I boot with avg 55% free with the SSK1.5 rom im running. This is with TF3D (13 tabs), S2A dialer, and large start menu running. I am constantly abusing this phone running mutiple apps all day and rarely have under 30% free. I tried the latest juicy rom (very nice rom btw) but even with the pagepool set to 6, i was running out of memory so had to revert back to the SSK rom which i am very happy with. If you dont want a custom rom and can deal with vzw TF3D theme,try the prerelease vzw rom on the stock rom links. I have had great results with it but changing themes on that setup is a hassle. Try Scotts rom, you wont be dissapointed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Precision View Post
nice sig pic btw aldo...
Hey man,

Are you the dude I did the joker splash screen cab for on XDA? Remember about 6 months ago?

If you are, can you redo this in VGA mode? I would be ever so greatful. I miss my joker splash screen!!!

Donations always accepted but never expected!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development