PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909
Re: Want MORE RAM? Disable HTC Dialer Skin

i really enjoy getting my calls on the first ring, starting up quicker, but my side volume dont work with this hack nor do # codes.
there has got to be a regedit to turn off the dealy with getting your call with the dialer skin.

Last edited by Brock1909; 12-02-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
i really enjoy getting my calls on the first ring, starting up quicker, but my side volume dont work with this hack nor do # codes.
there has got to be a regedit to turn off the dealy with getting your call with the dialer skin.
I am in the exactly the same boat!
EDIT- do you also notice that your data arrows never grey out (i.e. they stay white all the time) using the stock WM dialer

Last edited by jimmyz; 12-03-2008 at 02:07 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP

vbnmu is a n00b

This is not my work and I don't take any credit for it...Am just glad I stumbled on this on Xda Dev. Basically it disables the HTC volume key so that we can use it to +/- volume while making a call with the stock dialler. I have tried it, but the only draw back is that it does not seem to work on speakerphone.Here's the cab:
Attached Files
File Type: cab Remove-Htcvolume-by-HallengreeN.cab (3.0 KB, 58 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifferman99 View Post
For those of you who do use the windows mobile default skin for practicality or saving some ram purposes, did you notice that when using the side volume buttons to adjust the volume (speakerphone or earpiece), the volume actually stays the same and doesn't change when on a call? It's weird, but I was using the windows mobile dialer for a while because I actually prefer it compared to the HTC one (and I save a bit of ram while I'm at it...), but when I needed to adjust the volume either up or down, the bars would move accordingly but the volume itself would stay at the same level...Did anybody notice that? I tested it with switching back to the HTC dialer skin and sure enough the volume works again...
I just got my pro a few days ago. Installed advanced config tools to get rid of the dialer because it kept getting bumped when i would take it out of the holster and the ignore button would get hit by the case 80 percent of the time. I noticed after that i could not turn the volume up or down and therefore i could not hear my wife. Did a little playing around and figured out it was the dialer. so now I use S2U2 to use the S2A ability. Oh well win some lose some. And maybe just mine but has anyone noticed the TF3D restarting after you scroll through a few pics on the photos and video tab??
Old 12-19-2008, 09:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG VS750 (Fathom)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Walt is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbnmu View Post
This is not my work and I don't take any credit for it...Am just glad I stumbled on this on Xda Dev. Basically it disables the HTC volume key so that we can use it to +/- volume while making a call with the stock dialler. I have tried it, but the only draw back is that it does not seem to work on speakerphone.Here's the cab:
Like the others here, I switched to the standard WM dialer, and was disappointed to loose the ability to adjust both the earpiece and the speaker phone volume during a call.

I see that a .cab was developed, but it is confusing me a bit. Hopefully someone here can straighten me out.

I thought this .cab purpose was to add back volume control, not remove it (the name of the .cab starts with "Remove"). Possibly it is just that I am misunderstanding things, but how does removing the HTC volume control restore my ability to control the earpiece volume?

And does removing the HTC volume control, remove the ability to still adjust the system volume and the ringer volume (of course when not during a call)?

Sorry to ask possibly dumb questions, but without a .cab to back out this change, I am kind of overly cautious of installing it.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:12 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

awesome thanks

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800 & XV6850(TouchPro)
Carrier: Verizon

FamilyTruckster is a n00b

the cab diables the volume control from going to that fullscreen system/ring skin, so it goes back to the old school drop down volume control that allows you to adjust the phone volume.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

this hack to disable the htc skin also disable the stylus activating the note application...
Old 12-20-2008, 04:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
this hack to disable the htc skin also disable the stylus activating the note application...
Does anybody actually use that feature?? (I don't even know if it works in my system)

~John
Old 12-20-2008, 05:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

notrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Does anybody actually use that feature?? (I don't even know if it works in my system)

~John

I noticed this worked when Touchlock pro wouldn't unlock during a call without pulling out the stylus I used it strictly by accident.

I really want to get rid of the dialer. I hate the smart dialing. But I like how it kills the back light when my face is near.

Last edited by notrock; 12-20-2008 at 06:00 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro