PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 06:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.16 [20771] [UC] [24M

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post
Oh, and before I forget.... I have to let you all know about something that you all care about, since MightyMike didn't have a chance to come on here, and that's "PROGRESS"!

I say progress because that's the best way to describe it. One thing that I want you all to understand that's a challenge with 6.5 based ROM's + TouchFlo, is that if you make a change in TouchFlo, it could have an impact on Titanium (6.5 windows default). That ranges from dialers, signal bars, reg tweaks, speed/ stability, some apps function, direct link impacts, and the list just goes on. Reason why this release is taking longer then other ROM updates is because there is much more involved then updating OEMs and tweaking things, it's like using a whole new platform, and we need to have it nailed down before you guys start depending on it because my TP is my life (I really use my phone everyday for work and business related things as well as my entertainment). Our goal, is to make sure you guys can use TouchFlo 3D and/or Titanium, and have absolutely no performance penalty, reliability issues, or have any over lapping problems switching between the two. Not everyone will like titanium, and those that do, most likely do not like TouchFlo 3D, so now, you will be able to run your phone how ever you want!!!

Okay, so now to the good stuff, on MightyMike's last test build that he sent me, I have to say that we're close, as long as nothing ugly pokes its ugly head out. Overall system stability is where we like it, everything is a lot more touch friendly, and the new 6.5 with TouchFlo is making me happy. Ex: Going to the MyFavs tab, hitting all people, with 6.1 you would have to scroll either really slowly or way to fast, it was just crap to use!!! Now you get a perfectly flowing contact list, while you can SEE the photos of your contacts, so little things like that will make MightyROM5 better to use. The phone seems to be just as good from a fresh boot-up as it does 6 hours later with tons of use. So now as it stands the foundation is basically complete, we're now just tweaking the OS to see if we can squeeze any more performance out of it, and also fixing a couple of little gremlins.
Thanks for the post, we appreciate the info and the candor.

And, take your time guys, like you, I (and im sure most of us here) depend on these phones for a wide-variety of tasks and need to have them as stable as possible in order to be productive and actually enjoy them as well.

So, just keep plugging along until you guys are satisfied enough to release.
Oh, and if you need additional server/hosting help, let me know.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, HTC Hero

mysparebrain is just getting started
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.16 [20771] [UC] [24M

Hey, had a quick question. I tried searching the thread but couldn't come up with anything. How do I get rid of the mail notification icon in TF3D (hope I asked that right)?

I have attached a pic showing what I mean. I haven't, and don't plan to setup email, but it's telling me I have one message LOL.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

xzachtli is keeping up the good workxzachtli is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysparebrain View Post
Hey, had a quick question. I tried searching the thread but couldn't come up with anything. How do I get rid of the mail notification icon in TF3D (hope I asked that right)?

I have attached a pic showing what I mean. I haven't, and don't plan to setup email, but it's telling me I have one message LOL.
If you setup your contacts through Gmail like I did, Windows Mobile will generate a welcome message in your 'Outlook E-Mail' mailbox. I had to setup another email account, go into it, then in the top left corner, select the Inbox from the 'Outlook E-Mail' account where i could delete the email

It looks like you can also go into your text messaging Inbox and get to the 'Outlook E-Mail' Inbox the same way.

Last edited by xzachtli; 04-14-2009 at 09:33 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch PRo

67chevelle is a n00b

well the mail icon also is connected with your picture mail. but im not sure how to get rid of it.
this is the first time ive had any glitches on MM'r rom. whenever i get a text/pictu message my phone doesnt ring and the icon doesnt have the number next to it. if i go to messages and scroll through them there there but theres no notification. if i soft reset then it has the numbers. also when i click on a message from TF3D it shows this weird thing where it only shows that message. i cant type anthing to reply to them unless i go in the bottom left corner and hit reply.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work

That might be your windows welcome message. Delete that email and you should be good. Also, if you did a backup and restore using SPB or something then it tends to put that kind of stuff back there, not sure how to delete that then.

OT: Mighty and Rico, I'm glad you guys are here and helping us out with all your hard work. The fact that you guys have downloads worldwide speaks for itself. Can't wait for version 5! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysparebrain View Post

Old 04-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Mysparebrain:
Try this. Go to your main e-mail screen (whatever it is) then swipe your finger from left to right. You should get another email screen with the "Welcome to Windows" message. Delete that and you should be golden.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzachtli View Post
If you setup your contacts through Gmail like I did, Windows Mobile will generate a welcome message in your 'Outlook E-Mail' mailbox. I had to setup another email account, go into it, then in the top left corner, select the Inbox from the 'Outlook E-Mail' account where i could delete the email

It looks like you can also go into your text messaging Inbox and get to the 'Outlook E-Mail' Inbox the same way.
That was it. Thanks a lot! I thanked you in your post too.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsDon View Post
Mysparebrain:
Try this. Go to your main e-mail screen (whatever it is) then swipe your finger from left to right. You should get another email screen with the "Welcome to Windows" message. Delete that and you should be golden.
Thank you too.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work

hey is yall 1x icon working on ev the blue one?

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 04-14-2009, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

sheltem is a n00b

Thanks for the update lilrico. I am so pumped for Mightyrom 5. I'm also glad I switched to the Touch Pro. Typing using the SIP on the Diamond's small screen can be frustrating Maybe I won't switch so fast to the Pre afterall?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development