View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 06:30 AM
hamidxa
Regular 'Geeker

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.16 [20771] [UC] [24M

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post
Oh, and before I forget.... I have to let you all know about something that you all care about, since MightyMike didn't have a chance to come on here, and that's "PROGRESS"!

I say progress because that's the best way to describe it. One thing that I want you all to understand that's a challenge with 6.5 based ROM's + TouchFlo, is that if you make a change in TouchFlo, it could have an impact on Titanium (6.5 windows default). That ranges from dialers, signal bars, reg tweaks, speed/ stability, some apps function, direct link impacts, and the list just goes on. Reason why this release is taking longer then other ROM updates is because there is much more involved then updating OEMs and tweaking things, it's like using a whole new platform, and we need to have it nailed down before you guys start depending on it because my TP is my life (I really use my phone everyday for work and business related things as well as my entertainment). Our goal, is to make sure you guys can use TouchFlo 3D and/or Titanium, and have absolutely no performance penalty, reliability issues, or have any over lapping problems switching between the two. Not everyone will like titanium, and those that do, most likely do not like TouchFlo 3D, so now, you will be able to run your phone how ever you want!!!

Okay, so now to the good stuff, on MightyMike's last test build that he sent me, I have to say that we're close, as long as nothing ugly pokes its ugly head out. Overall system stability is where we like it, everything is a lot more touch friendly, and the new 6.5 with TouchFlo is making me happy. Ex: Going to the MyFavs tab, hitting all people, with 6.1 you would have to scroll either really slowly or way to fast, it was just crap to use!!! Now you get a perfectly flowing contact list, while you can SEE the photos of your contacts, so little things like that will make MightyROM5 better to use. The phone seems to be just as good from a fresh boot-up as it does 6 hours later with tons of use. So now as it stands the foundation is basically complete, we're now just tweaking the OS to see if we can squeeze any more performance out of it, and also fixing a couple of little gremlins.
Thanks for the post, we appreciate the info and the candor.

And, take your time guys, like you, I (and im sure most of us here) depend on these phones for a wide-variety of tasks and need to have them as stable as possible in order to be productive and actually enjoy them as well.

So, just keep plugging along until you guys are satisfied enough to release.
Oh, and if you need additional server/hosting help, let me know.
This post has been thanked 1 times.