PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE
Carrier: Sprint

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 13th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.13 [20765]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboy8628 View Post
I'm so taking this over, he's gonna have to make a new name, i put too much hard work into this one lol but he should be back soon YAY OBAMA!!!
Its nothing like seeing an attractive female that loves gadgets just as much as the rest of us....=D>
Old 03-16-2009, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

mr.k is keeping up the good workmr.k is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by x99percent View Post
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\SMS\TextShare d ....(<-- not sure why the forum is adding that space)
"IS637MaxAsciiCharacters" = 160
funny thing. i set mine to 200. and it workes.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumaru View Post
I had been running MightyROM 4.2 on my Verizon HTC Touch Pro because it functioned better then 4.12 with memory. I have recently tried this 4.13 and i get the same problem as i did in 4.12. In both my memory starts out at 75% and over the course of an hour it hovers at 90% usage. With repeated memmaid cleans i can get it to 86% memory used. Where as when i was using MightyROM 4.2, which isnt listed on page one of these post anymore, it would start up using 57% memory and after an hour of usage it would be at 72% memory usage.

This is all with 8MB cache and with 6MB Caches.

Any ideas? Problem is i hate all these memory errors saying i dont have enough memory, get them when using the browser, and when i want to play teeter.

I also run with Mighty Rom and I'm on Verizon TP as well. Even at 24 megabyte page pool I get 35+ megs free with Mighty Rom. With 4.13 I changed the Page Pool, for giggles, to 6 from 24 and now get over 50 megs of Ram free. So I don't get even without changing the pagepool your at 80 to 90% usage. We have the same device.

1) What are you running on the device ?

2) Did you disable the HTC Phone dialer ? That frees up 10 megs of RAM right there. Use a program called advanced config and disable the Phone Dialer.

3) When Mighty Rom 4.14 gets released try lowering the Page pool to 9. You shouldn't see any real decrease in performance. I run mine at 6 and I'm fine.

EDIT- Attached is the Advanced Configuration app. Install it to device. Also I'm attaching HTC Addicts Memory cleaner. It does a much deeper cleaning than Memmaid. Just to warn you though when it cleans it will activate the phone pad briefly and restart TF3D quick. But it really does a thorough job. I use level 3.

Billy a.k.a. LordShadowz
Verizon HTC Touch Pro
Running Mighty Rom 5 (5/8/09)
Running Telus Radio 1.04.05v

My Custom R3BORN/MR5 TF3D mods- [HERE]
My MR5 Review

VERIZON TOUCH PRO USERS, go [HERE] for Help Installing and tweaking MIGHTY ROM4 R3BORN AND MIGHTY ROM 5 with ADDED RAM, NATIVE VzW apps, Tips, Bugs with fixes, GPS Issues and essential apps attached! Updated regularly with new Info. Last Update 5/13/09

Last edited by lordshadowz; 03-16-2009 at 05:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

tracerit is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
Here is another option. DCI Battery and Memory meter. This adds a multicolored line on the top and bottom of your taskbar it is only a couple of pixels thick but easy to read.

You can find it here; http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2009/01/29/dcibattery-and-qwertymemory-status-bar-for-pocket-pc.html
that does what i want but its too flashy for the MightyROM imo. i want the all black/white look
Old 03-16-2009, 05:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.k View Post
funny thing. i set mine to 200. and it workes.
it may look like it works, but does it get received as one as well?

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
it may look like it works, but does it get received as one as well?
You can set your max characters to 500 if you want. The carrier will still cut the messages at 160 characters.

it has nothing to do with the phone and what number it displays.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
You can set your max characters to 500 if you want. The carrier will still cut the messages at 160 characters.

it has nothing to do with the phone and what number it displays.
that's what i figured.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Hero, Evo Shift 4G

Gnfghtr is just getting started

Can anyone guess as to why Esword still does not work in 4.13? It did work in 4.9.5. It did not work in 4.12. It will open but not find any bibles.

I would Greatly appreciate any help with this problem.

Dave
Old 03-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
that does what i want but its too flashy for the MightyROM imo. i want the all black/white look
You want the Nimdock version See attachment. It's what I use. It gives you the 10% incremements but does not remove the Rapid Charging feature.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit View Post

I also found a copy of just the DCI battery meter which will put the colored bar at the very top of your taskbar. This one doesn't have the memory meter. Let me know via PM and I'll get it to you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development