PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: | February 25th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.12 | . | 20765-UC | . | 24 MB - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick77 View Post
Will this cab effect (disable) the fast charge?
Let me clarify my last statement

You can use 10% increment icons but as soon as battery.dll is overwritten, you loose fastcharge. I use a percentage icon but it shows 10% increments. make sure whatever you're installing doesn't overwrite the battery driver
Old 02-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff
Re: | February 25th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.12 | . | 20765-UC | . | 24 MB - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPeeps View Post
This really doesnt have anything to do with Mightyrom...but hopefully someone has some advice.

Every time I try to install custom Icons...I have a problem with the signal icon (CDMA_RSSI_PPC) and Start icon (Shellres.192). The others I have no issue with...but those two....they just dont seem to work for me. I am usually able to get it working after installing and uninstalling different reg tweaks and such....but it would be real nice if it would just work the first time, rather than me installing and tweaking things that I am not even sure are neccessry..

Anyone have any sage advice?

I had that same problem and in older ROM's where custom icons such as tsownentaskbar would freeze up the phone intermittently (which was discussed before).

Not sure if there is a fix for this issue yet, but like you Im also interested in finding out anything new about this issue.
In the meantime, i've been using the default white icons.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: help
Carrier: sprint

randy021186 is a n00b

can anyone help me get the messaging to work ...i have to restart my phone to see the new text and i can only see it on the tf3d not the messaging programs
Old 02-25-2009, 03:25 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn89 View Post
Hey mighty, i was using 4.10 and my slide out keyboard stopped working, It rotates when i slide it out but when i press the buttons nothing happens. so i hard reset and that didn't solve it so i flashed to 4.12 just now, hard reset like usual and my keyboard still is not working. Is this something with my actual phone like should i take it to the store for a replacement or is it something with my rom? Any help would be appreciated.
hardware issue. take it back!
Old 02-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Very Important Person

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceo View Post
Mike don't know if the post is still up but I rememeber a guy mentioning multiselect in email working in 9.5.1. I know that the newer builds do not have the old multi select, but i can confirm that it did work somehow for 9.5 because that is one of the things I missed and was shocked to see that it was working, so that guy was not delusional.

Loving 4.12 with no problems except I notice that the capacitive buttons seem to work on pressure now so if the phone comes out of standby while it is in my pocket anything can press the capacitive area and it will activate, so my music jumps or a unwanted phonecall is made etc etc no finger required. BTW this would be a nice feature to install as an on off thing so that in winter time you wouldnt need to take off your gloves to use the capcitive section.

Anyone else notice this?
The capacitive buttons are still capacitive
Old 02-25-2009, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: help
Carrier: sprint

randy021186 is a n00b

i can't also send out text
Old 02-25-2009, 03:30 PM
jcu
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jcu is a n00b

Also from those forum that talk about battery charger/rechargeable batteries , they said fast charge won't charge as full (like "normal" charge can charge the battery up to 95% full but fast charge only 80%-85% full). People in those forum usually talk about normal AA/AAA charger but I assume all chargers are the same.

So how much faster is fast charge compare to normal charge?
Old 02-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcu View Post
If you read those forum that talk about battery charger, usually if you charge the battery too fast, it will shorter the life of the battery (meaning battery hold less and less charge much quicker = battery die in one year instead of two years, etc) and it won't charge as full. So fast charge may not be always good.
I think in the original thread for fast charge, you'll find this was addressed and discussed and "proven" that the fast charge just allows the range from 500ma to 999ma to be enabled. I believe they also "proved" that this is still within the safe guidelines for the size battery included since the phone scales back the draw as needed, so in reality, one wouldn't see much of a loss of overall life of the battery.

There was 1 comment made tho. Not all computer USB ports can handle over 500ma charge and this could possibly cause harm/shut down that port on your computer. Most of the rom builders that ADD it but provide a simple reg change CAB to enable/disable it because of this. I would suspect, but untested since I have a newer computer with no issues, that turning off charging via USB in one of the settings options should be fine as well.

Just something to keep in mind.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Very Important Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcu View Post
Also from those forum that talk about battery charger/rechargeable batteries , they said fast charge won't charge as full (like "normal" charge can charge the battery up to 95% full but fast charge only 80%-85% full). People in those forum usually talk about normal AA/AAA charger but I assume all chargers are the same.

So how much faster is fast charge compare to normal charge?
About 2x I came home with 30% battery and left after an hour of charging with 80% I don't care if it doesn't get full, it gets more full alot faster
Old 02-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Verizon

droopydawg is becoming a great contributor

Mike, you've outdone yourself on 4.12. This thing is beyond awesome.

I upgraded to 4.12 (32MB pagepool) this morning, having been on 4.9.3 (32MB pagepool) since 6th February. Here's my specs:

* Device: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
* Carrier: Verizon Wireless
* Radio: Sprint 1.03.03V (stock)
* ROM Page Pool: 32MB
* Added CAB's: Arcsoft MMS, HTC GPS Tool, BeeJive, VsBenchmark 2007
* ActiveSync: Direct Push, Exchange 2003 SP2 (via SSL), Windows Server 2003 SP2

Here's what I've come up with in upgrading 4.9.3 to 4.12 so far...

TESTS (all succeeded)

* Phone (send and receive)
* ##DIAG#, ##PRL#, ##PST#
* Long Press End Key (set to Terminate Data Connection)
* SMS (send and receive)
* MMS (send and receive)
* Voicemail notification
* Data (carrier)
* WiFi
* Direct Push (both before and after phone calls, over both carrier data and WiFi)
* Media (jpg, mp3, mp4)
* GPS (Google Maps)
* Alarm
* Camera (both photo and video)
* Uploader: Facebook (both carrier data and WiFi)
* Uploader: YouTube (only carrier data; had failures with WiFi, shaky connection?)

IMPROVEMENTS

* Speed: The whole system immediately feels wayyyyyy faster and smoother than 4.9.3, even right after a soft reset (where 4.9.3 dragged a$$ for a few minutes). In TF3D, the People, Photos and Videos, and Music tabs render much more quickly, particularly the People tab. Call History opens instantly. Orientation switching (portrait to landscape and back) on photos and Opera is BLAZING!!! Although not particularly scientific, Virtual Spaghetti Benchmark 2007 with my setup averaged about 2410 on 4.9.3, increasing to 2470 on 4.12 (2.5% increase, but the system *feels* more along the lines of 20% or more). Did I mention awesome?

* Memory Footprint: After a soft reset, it seems that 4.12 uses less RAM than 4.9.3 with my config. On 4.9.3, I had 74.14MB in use, whereas with 4.12 I have 69.46MB in use (about a 4.7MB improvement). After using a slew of programs, though, both ROM's registered about the same usage. Still, I'd say this is good news especially for VZW Touch Pro users.

* TF3D People Tab: Although the pictures are smaller, I definitely like having the new option to email or text directly from this tab, rather than only call. And again, it's MUCH faster on 4.12!

* Pocket Outlook: Some have complained about the loss of our ability to multi-select emails in the Inbox via dragging, but I actually prefer its absence. When scrolling, it would often multi-select instead, which got kind of annoying. Still, though, it would be nice to have at least a registry value to switch it on, for those who prefer it.

* Calculator (TP2): LIKE!

* SmartPhoneTracker: Haven't played with it yet, but it seems like a neat idea.

ISSUES

* Flip Clock: I set the time to 24-hour clock ("military time") in regional settings; it takes affect in the taskbar clock, but the leading zero (before noon) doesn't appear in the flip clock, whereas in 4.9.3 it did. Afternoon times (13:00, 14:00, etc.) do work, however. This is purely cosmetic, so it's not a big deal.

* Opera, Soft Keyboard: When tabbing between input fields with the hardware keyboard slid open, the software keyboard now pops up for each field. In 4.9.3, once the hardware keyboard was open, the soft keyboard no longer appeared for that page.

* Device Temperature: When running Vs Benchmark, the device got significantly warmer than it did when I ran it several times yesterday on 4.9.3. I'll test again after a couple of recharges and let everyone know if this changes.

All I really have left to test for my usage is battery life. Although the device temperature increase might be a little unnerving, my Battery Monitor still reflects an idling (phone only, no apps open) Discharge Current of 57mA in both Auto and Full Brightness, and 13mA when the screen is off. This is the same as in 4.9.3, with which I had some charge left over after a full day (7am to midnight) of moderate usage with Direct Push (enabled for 12 hours); without Direct Push, I was getting over 2 full days of moderate usage per charge on 4.9.3, as well. I have my hopes up.

Note that a lot of issues others are reporting seem to be related to cabs they're installing (UI customizations, apps, etc.). I'm pretty much using the stock MightyROM, with just the Arcsoft and a couple of other cabs installed. In this configuration, Mighty ROM 4.12 is clearly a winner.

If anyone's on the fence about switching to this ROM, get off it... DO IT NOW!!!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development