View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Compusmurf
Halfway to VIP Status

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf
Re: | February 25th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.12 | . | 20765-UC | . | 24 MB - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcu View Post
If you read those forum that talk about battery charger, usually if you charge the battery too fast, it will shorter the life of the battery (meaning battery hold less and less charge much quicker = battery die in one year instead of two years, etc) and it won't charge as full. So fast charge may not be always good.
I think in the original thread for fast charge, you'll find this was addressed and discussed and "proven" that the fast charge just allows the range from 500ma to 999ma to be enabled. I believe they also "proved" that this is still within the safe guidelines for the size battery included since the phone scales back the draw as needed, so in reality, one wouldn't see much of a loss of overall life of the battery.

There was 1 comment made tho. Not all computer USB ports can handle over 500ma charge and this could possibly cause harm/shut down that port on your computer. Most of the rom builders that ADD it but provide a simple reg change CAB to enable/disable it because of this. I would suspect, but untested since I have a newer computer with no issues, that turning off charging via USB in one of the settings options should be fine as well.

Just something to keep in mind.