PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 03:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf
Re: | February 25th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.12 | . | 20765-UC | . | 24 MB - P

I don't know about 2x faster. hehe, but it's a bit faster. The charger included was 1000ma (1A), but without this driver, the most it ever seemed to pull was 500ma (probably as a USB safety feature) 500ma is more than plenty of juice for most items, but if you notice when on a call, using a BT headset, etc, sometimes the phone will draw MORE power than the charger can handle and your battery can actually go dead on you while on the phone and plugged into the charger. You still have the issue of heat shutting down the charge circuit tho, so you still have to keep an eye on it.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO, HTC Touch Pro - Flashed MetroPCS
Carrier: Sprint and MetroPCS

mdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuff
Re: | February 25th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.12 | . | 20765-UC | . | 24 MB - P

can anyone confirm...
I setup the smartphone track ur phone stuff... at 7:30am, by 12 my battery went down to 12%..
I dont know if it was that software , or perhaps the nimdocks battery...
i use the nimdocks battery with 10%, then the 1%increments on 4.11 it worked fine..

Im not sure which one drained my battery... does battery increments change to quickbattery charge or something in that caterogy...
Please advice...
I actually removed the settings.ini file from the folder that stops it from working..
this way u don't have to clear storage... just an easy way to that....

Sprint Touch Pro and TPro 2 Flashed to MetroPCS = Guide for MetroPCS

Dont forget to hit Thanks, if I helped.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
The capacitive buttons are still capacitive

Are you saying that yours are acting capacitive or "you idiot capcitive buttons are capacitive physically and cannot ever be resistive"

I just tested a friend's and his works capacitively as i knew was correct while mine now works resisitvely. I did just install S2U2 1.5, whihc works great but maybe it did this so I will check and report back.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiaz33685 View Post
can anyone confirm...
I setup the smartphone track ur phone stuff... at 7:30am, by 12 my battery went down to 12%..
I dont know if it was that software , or perhaps the nimdocks battery...
i use the nimdocks battery with 10%, then the 1%increments on 4.11 it worked fine..

Im not sure which one drained my battery... does battery increments change to quickbattery charge or something in that caterogy...
Please advice...
I actually removed the settings.ini file from the folder that stops it from working..
this way u don't have to clear storage... just an easy way to that....
Are you sure ur gps wasn't left on? did you exit out of the software properly?

The software only turns on gps when u message it.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
I don't know about 2x faster. hehe, but it's a bit faster. The charger included was 1000ma (1A), but without this driver, the most it ever seemed to pull was 500ma (probably as a USB safety feature) 500ma is more than plenty of juice for most items, but if you notice when on a call, using a BT headset, etc, sometimes the phone will draw MORE power than the charger can handle and your battery can actually go dead on you while on the phone and plugged into the charger. You still have the issue of heat shutting down the charge circuit tho, so you still have to keep an eye on it.
Without fastcharge, I got around 430 mA, with fast charge, around 830 mA, so yes, not quiet 2x, only 1.93x. sorry
Old 02-25-2009, 03:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

jhutchings is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopydawg View Post
Mike, you've outdone yourself on 4.12. This thing is beyond awesome.

I upgraded to 4.12 (32MB pagepool) this morning, having been on 4.9.3 (32MB pagepool) since 6th February. Here's my specs:

* Device: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
* Carrier: Verizon Wireless
* Radio: Sprint 1.03.03V (stock)
* ROM Page Pool: 32MB
* Added CAB's: Arcsoft MMS, HTC GPS Tool, BeeJive, VsBenchmark 2007
* ActiveSync: Direct Push, Exchange 2003 SP2 (via SSL), Windows Server 2003 SP2

Here's what I've come up with in upgrading 4.9.3 to 4.12 so far...

TESTS (all succeeded)

* Phone (send and receive)
* ##DIAG#, ##PRL#, ##PST#
* Long Press End Key (set to Terminate Data Connection)
* SMS (send and receive)
* MMS (send and receive)
* Voicemail notification
* Data (carrier)
* WiFi
* Direct Push (both before and after phone calls, over both carrier data and WiFi)
* Media (jpg, mp3, mp4)
* GPS (Google Maps)
* Alarm
* Camera (both photo and video)
* Uploader: Facebook (both carrier data and WiFi)
* Uploader: YouTube (only carrier data; had failures with WiFi, shaky connection?)

IMPROVEMENTS

* Speed: The whole system immediately feels wayyyyyy faster and smoother than 4.9.3, even right after a soft reset (where 4.9.3 dragged a$$ for a few minutes). In TF3D, the People, Photos and Videos, and Music tabs render much more quickly, particularly the People tab. Call History opens instantly. Orientation switching (portrait to landscape and back) on photos and Opera is BLAZING!!! Although not particularly scientific, Virtual Spaghetti Benchmark 2007 with my setup averaged about 2410 on 4.9.3, increasing to 2470 on 4.12 (2.5% increase, but the system *feels* more along the lines of 20% or more). Did I mention awesome?

* Memory Footprint: After a soft reset, it seems that 4.12 uses less RAM than 4.9.3 with my config. On 4.9.3, I had 74.14MB in use, whereas with 4.12 I have 69.46MB in use (about a 4.7MB improvement). After using a slew of programs, though, both ROM's registered about the same usage. Still, I'd say this is good news especially for VZW Touch Pro users.

* TF3D People Tab: Although the pictures are smaller, I definitely like having the new option to email or text directly from this tab, rather than only call. And again, it's MUCH faster on 4.12!

* Pocket Outlook: Some have complained about the loss of our ability to multi-select emails in the Inbox via dragging, but I actually prefer its absence. When scrolling, it would often multi-select instead, which got kind of annoying. Still, though, it would be nice to have at least a registry value to switch it on, for those who prefer it.

* Calculator (TP2): LIKE!

* SmartPhoneTracker: Haven't played with it yet, but it seems like a neat idea.

ISSUES

* Flip Clock: I set the time to 24-hour clock ("military time") in regional settings; it takes affect in the taskbar clock, but the leading zero (before noon) doesn't appear in the flip clock, whereas in 4.9.3 it did. Afternoon times (13:00, 14:00, etc.) do work, however. This is purely cosmetic, so it's not a big deal.

* Opera, Soft Keyboard: When tabbing between input fields with the hardware keyboard slid open, the software keyboard now pops up for each field. In 4.9.3, once the hardware keyboard was open, the soft keyboard no longer appeared for that page.

* Device Temperature: When running Vs Benchmark, the device got significantly warmer than it did when I ran it several times yesterday on 4.9.3. I'll test again after a couple of recharges and let everyone know if this changes.

All I really have left to test for my usage is battery life. Although the device temperature increase might be a little unnerving, my Battery Monitor still reflects an idling (phone only, no apps open) Discharge Current of 57mA in both Auto and Full Brightness, and 13mA when the screen is off. This is the same as in 4.9.3, with which I had some charge left over after a full day (7am to midnight) of moderate usage with Direct Push (enabled for 12 hours); without Direct Push, I was getting over 2 full days of moderate usage per charge on 4.9.3, as well. I have my hopes up.

Note that a lot of issues others are reporting seem to be related to cabs they're installing (UI customizations, apps, etc.). I'm pretty much using the stock MightyROM, with just the Arcsoft and a couple of other cabs installed. In this configuration, Mighty ROM 4.12 is clearly a winner.

If anyone's on the fence about switching to this ROM, get off it... DO IT NOW!!!
I agree 100 percent with your post. I have been running 4.12 since early this morning and I am extremely happy with it, activesync is certainly fixed. I also only run Mike's stock rom with any cosmetic modifications. I find that I have a very smooth running rom. Unless Mike comes up with something major as far as improvements I am going to run with this for awhile
Old 02-25-2009, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

djalbanian is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to djalbanian

Hello guys, i had major issues with this rom. I installed it and everything was fine i couldve made Phone calls and everything, it was very fast and smooth and i liked the way it was running. I have a sprint TP the only problem i had is i could not get on the internet, it would not find the sprint data whatsoever, i called sprint they walked me thru it and they still couldnt fix it. They asked me to update profile and that option was not there, i currently have to install stock sprint rom and see if the internet works and then try mighty rom again because the difference between them is tremendous. If you guys have any other option please let me know as to what might i have done wrong. Thank you
Old 02-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Awesome Review Droopydawg.

Definitely a great review for anyone looking to choose this rom over others!

Appreciate the detail explanations!
Old 02-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Verizon

droopydawg is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
The charger included was 1000ma (1A), but without this driver, the most it ever seemed to pull was 500ma (probably as a USB safety feature) 500ma is more than plenty of juice for most items, but if you notice when on a call, using a BT headset, etc, sometimes the phone will draw MORE power than the charger can handle and your battery can actually go dead on you while on the phone and plugged into the charger.
I noticed something similar one night on 4.9.3 using the YouTube app (carrier data) while plugged in... the charging indicators (taskbar, swell around the center button) stopped and the battery eventually drained to near-zero. Had to stop YouTube and unplug/replug the charger to get it going again.

Did 4.9.3 include the fast charge driver?
Old 02-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO, HTC Touch Pro - Flashed MetroPCS
Carrier: Sprint and MetroPCS

mdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Are you sure ur gps wasn't left on? did you exit out of the software properly?

The software only turns on gps when u message it.
it was running in the background... but i did stop data connections...
I'll wait to see what happens, since Im not using it at this moment..
I saved the settings.ini so i wont have to set it up again...

THANK MIKE... JUST seeing if anyone had that problem...
I'll see and check in later.. Im at work,, lol..
dont want get fired for playing around.. hahaha
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development