PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

soychulo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com [Windows Phone® 6.5] [Final]

I convinced a friend to flash the Mighty ROM 6 to his Touch Pro. He has some issues that maybe the pros in this forum could tell me how to resolve for him:

Here they are:

1. I really like having the program menu come up when you hit the right soft key, however from what I can tell you cannot program the right soft key to do anything other than the text messaging. Does that sound correct to you, and is there any way to get around that?

2. I cannot get the preinstalled wifi router to show up in the program menu. I did find it on the phone, but when you scroll the touch flo to the right and pull up your programs and try to add the wifi router it does not show up as a program that you can add. Is there any way around that?

3. As I mentioned to you on the phone this rom does not seem to support the voice command on the blue tooth ear pieces. I actually do use this a lot when I am driving from job to job. Again from what I can tell there is no way to activate this voice command, it is either programmed into the rom or it isn't. Is there any way around this, or maybe a better rom that will help me in these areas?

4. The last item is that you cannot change the theme for the touch flo. With the factory rom when you change the theme for the today screen it also change the touch flo, however with this rom it seem like no matter what theme you set the today screen to the touch flo is the same. Did you find a way around that item?

5. I cannot get my sprint picture mail account to work. is there another program other than e-mail that you are using for that?

Any help resolving these issues would be appreciated. Or a suggestion of another ROM that does these things if the Mighty one doesn't do it. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

BabyEater is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BabyEater

Has anyone else noticed that in ANY ROM you flash with the new Manilla, there is a typo in one of the main screens?

When looking at a contact (card), the name is Firstname (space) Lastname. When looking at the Email history, Call history, and Updates and Events pages of the new contact view it is the same. Firstname (space) Lastname. Not so with the text message history. No space. FirstnameLastname.

Quick. Be the first to fix it!
Old 09-24-2009, 02:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Bell

linkin is a n00b

Having a problem with playing youtube it says connecting and then says conection fail same goes for youtubeplay anyone having the same problem?
Old 09-24-2009, 08:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

ProfEngr is a n00b

soychulo,

1. Sorry, no clue.

2. Poked around in Total Commander for a .lnk in Settings but the folder was empty. Wonder where it's hidden.

3. That was left out of the ROM, but there's a CAB file available to get the feature. It's either in the FAQ on the first page or on xda-developers.com.

4. There are some themes specifically for MR6 on the first page. Not sure if anything else will work with it.

5.There's a FAQ about this for VZW accounts w/ a CAB. Not sure about Sprint though.

I apologize if I pointed you to any VZW-only solutions. I have no experience w/ Sprint. Although it seems most of the posts I see in this thread are about Sprint.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:23 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Alltel

Lordaries is a n00b

I recently flashed my phone with the newest mighty rom. This is the first time I've flashed a new rom onto my phone, and I did it to my brother's phone as well. We have alltel TP versions.

I noticed a few things...

1. the voice command was left out, and then I added it back using your help, and it worked!
2. My phone freezes up or locks up very frequently. Is there anything I can do to stop this: something like using advance config to better config the memory settings or something?
3. My brother's youtube doesn't work... mine does... flashed 10 minutes apart. Seems that they should both work or neither.
4. Generally, the MR6 rom is pretty... a lot faster for me to get to certain things, but it also runs my battery down faster? Should it?
5. I go to communications menu, and wifi isn't allowed to be selected. Is this something that is normaly not available? I didn't use it much, but shouldn't I be able to connect to wifi?
Old 09-24-2009, 08:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by soychulo View Post
I convinced a friend to flash the Mighty ROM 6 to his Touch Pro. He has some issues that maybe the pros in this forum could tell me how to resolve for him:
Same here. I am working with a friend now on issues.

Quote:
Here they are:

1. I really like having the program menu come up when you hit the right soft key, however from what I can tell you cannot program the right soft key to do anything other than the text messaging. Does that sound correct to you, and is there any way to get around that?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...47#post1063247

Quote:
2. I cannot get the preinstalled wifi router to show up in the program menu. I did find it on the phone, but when you scroll the touch flo to the right and pull up your programs and try to add the wifi router it does not show up as a program that you can add. Is there any way around that?
Look under WiFi Router. Mine's there...unless I installed it and forgot. Maybe someone else should chime in.

Quote:
3. As I mentioned to you on the phone this rom does not seem to support the voice command on the blue tooth ear pieces. I actually do use this a lot when I am driving from job to job. Again from what I can tell there is no way to activate this voice command, it is either programmed into the rom or it isn't. Is there any way around this, or maybe a better rom that will help me in these areas?
Install it here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...2&d=1252552317
Mike forgot to include it. It will give an error after installation but that's normal. It should work after that.

Quote:
5. I cannot get my sprint picture mail account to work. is there another program other than e-mail that you are using for that?
I have never tried picture mail but my friend said it didn't work on the stock rom, which is one of the things he was hoping to make work on MR6. I could only say that I thought people recommended some Arcsoft program for this, but I think he searched and tried it and said Sprint blocks it...so I have no idea. I don't even know what picture messaging is. Is it just MMS?
Old 09-24-2009, 08:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordaries View Post
4. Generally, the MR6 rom is pretty... a lot faster for me to get to certain things, but it also runs my battery down faster? Should it?
I dunno. In general I thought WM6.5 had a few optimizations over 6.1. Though I have to say my experience with MR6 seems to indicate possibly worse battery life than I had with MR5? I know that I left my phone on overnight, starting at 49% and 9 hours later it said 31%. I think that is too much loss for doing nothing at all, with no programs running. I want to say it used to lose 10% or less over night.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

for you sprint guys using mightyrom, to get picture and video messaging (MMS) on your phone, you have to install this arcsoft program here. Arcsoft is not included in most custom roms because it is carrier specific software.

Last edited by razorloves; 09-24-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:55 AM
Lurker

Lordaries is a n00b

Oh, and I forgot one of the most important ones.

Klaxxon doesn't work well with it. I always hated the stock alarm on the stock rom, so I was using klaxxon, and then i upgraded to mightyrom 6, and reinstalled klaxxon, but it only plays the first alarm, and then when I snooze that alarm, nothing else.... I have 3 alarms set, and only the 1st one works, and not that well since snooze turns it off....

I need my alarms to wake me up... HELP ME
Old 09-25-2009, 12:44 AM
Lurker

Lordaries is a n00b

Sorry, but I have to bump this to hope that someone reads it and can tell me how to fix the alarm... Should I use the regular alarm? Is there a fix for Klaxxon? Should I go find an old alarm clock in my closet.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development