PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com [Windows Phone® 6.5] [Final]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyEater View Post
There isn't really a 130 v 160 limit. You can type all you want, the carrier will break the messages up where they should be.

Additionally, I'd rather have no counter. Totally lags the SMS-es.
I know that, and I agree.

The cab removed the counter. Every once in a while it hiccups but I'd say it's "fixed."
Old 09-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguefoxx View Post
It's not rocket science. Do a little search on "sms lag fix" and see the first topic that comes up. It explains how to do the fix manually as well, so you can see exactly what it does. It doesn't "break" anything. And as soon as you apply the fix, and soft reset, there is no more lag. Simple as that. Who cares if you just flashed or not, just apply the fix if you're having the problem and be done with it.

This is the post by the way:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73005
I did read up on it. I just keep reading that the fix was cooked in. And this time I made sure not to install the 160 cab and it the counter was definitely there after flashing MR6. And I did hard reset.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Hey guys,
I'm new to the mightrom. I have a sprint touch pro with the latest mightrom just freshly flushed. I noticed that if my phone is charging while I am on the phone and playing with the phone. The screen will turn itself off in the middle of what I am doing. The phone is still on but the screen, then I had to wake it up with the power button. Has anyone experienced that problem?
Also, the first letter disappears while I'm typing a text msg with the on screen keyboard. to my knowledge, some people have experienced it with the earlier roms after a soft reset. But mine persists beyond the first msg.

Thank you!
Old 09-21-2009, 08:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP

jparks29 is a n00b

Problem is back....

originally, when charging the phone would complete the charge cycle, then switch to a trickle charge state, the indicator going from the rotating circle to the solid circle....

2 builds ago, it would just turn off when done, and not trickle... the last build fixed that issue, now I upgraded to THIS build and it's doing it again.

The problem is, I live in the middle of Fin nowhere and am constantly searching for signal.. I'll set my phone to charge, it'll complete 2 hours later, and STOP charging altogether, so when I wake up in the morning, my phone now has 20% left, and it will NOT resume charging even though it's plugged into the charger the whole time... I have to unplug it and replug it in....

The previous build did not have that issue, I could leave it plugged in, and it would charge as needed, always being 100% when I pulled it off the charger...

Please tell me there's a reg hack I can do....
Old 09-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Lurker

chanchan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
i'm not sure what the problem could be. Maybe you have to manually start a data connection the first time. Open comm manager and turn your data on, then connect your phone to computer and ICS from the menu that pops up on the phone screen. hope that helps
Tried that without any luck. I reinstalled a couple older roms that I know used to work for me, and I'm still getting the error to check the usb connection. Really starting to frustrate me. The other day before I installed MR6 I took my phone to the Sprint store because it had been acting funny. They worked on my phone for a while and said they fixed the problem. Is there any way they could have done something or the "fix" is causing my problems with tethering and internet sharing?
Old 09-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker

So I know there are quite a few phone lock solutions out there. Which one works like OEM? I need no BS, no sometimes-the-phone-doesn't-ring. No S2U2 junk. I am running stock MR6 with no add-ons. That means I am running TF3D and the HTC dialer. I have tried one a month ago and I had to uninstall it the same day. I forget exactly what happened but I think it caused a major problem when the phone rang. Perhaps lock on power off is a better idea.

If there is nothing that just works to lock the phone on power off/on (whichever), then I guess I'll just run nothing. I'm just getting tired of having the phone turn on when I pull it in or out of my pocket and accidentally going into the calendar or alarms. Anyone?
Old 09-22-2009, 09:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebuzz is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
hmmm...not sure what's going on then. i just did a little searchin around and found that some other people are getting the 7004 error too. Some are suggesting that it might be a problem on sprints end. Have you tried several different channels?
Right now I can't even get that far. It freezes on the Sprint TV opening screen. I am getting an error that says: "Unable to launch app using current internet connection. To run the app, please change your internet connection to use the cellular network." But I think I am using the cellular net work. What gives?

Last edited by ebuzz; 09-22-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:12 AM
N00b
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

msternig is a n00b

NOTE: This is also posted on Juicy, but I am having the same issue here as well:

I have been beating myself up trying to find the "perfect" ROM and am very close with this one. One major drawback that I have found with almost each ROM that I have tried is the EzInput functionality when entering a new appointment. On almost every ROM I have tried, when entering an appointment the "space" bar at the bottom is replaed with a ".com" and a "/" as if it were entering a URL (at least when not using TF).

Now here is the strange part.... When I create a new appointment using the TF interface, life is good and the space bar appears as expected. However, if I go to Start>Calender>Menu>New Appt., then I have the ".com" and "/".

Can anyone else confirm this bug, or recommend a fix? I am a fan of Titanium, so I normally have TF turned off giving me the bad keyboard all the time. I am at a loss...
Old 09-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Lurker

PhoenixAD is a n00b

Having an issue with this the latest Mighty rom and Sprite backup,

Here's the steps I took,
1) Unlocked the phone
2) installed MightyROM
3) restored only personal data from sprite backup

Now when I boot up I'm getting a "voicecmd.exe" error that basically tells me I need to reinstall voicecmd or something to that effect. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?
Old 09-22-2009, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

ProfEngr is a n00b

Voice Command was left out of this ROM. There is a CAB file listed about 1/2 way down (or so) the first page of this thread. I think it's in a FAQ from an earlier release.

Edit: Scratch that, info on installing it is in the notes, but the file itself is linked elsewhere. Don't have it in front of me right now though.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development