PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

UstesGreenridge is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com [Windows Phone® 6.5] [Final]

is anyones cpu usage high with this new rom? mine is hovering around 91% with nothing running.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP1 Raphael
Carrier: VZW & Sprint

maxnix is just getting started
Question Where Does MSVC Install Itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
Hmm that's odd, I installed that same cab after flashing the ROM and it's on my phone under settings/personal labeled "Voice Command." Did you reboot?
Yes, and MSVC is running. So strange.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PPCGeeks4ME is keeping up the good workPPCGeeks4ME is keeping up the good work

Hey guys, I have an issue that I'm wondering if someone can help me with.

When I first flashed to this new ROM, I was quite impressed. Everything was incredibly smooth: the TF3D slider would no longer lag behind my finger and slid as smoothly as butter. Tapping on the mail icon, the little envelope would unfold itself and display my newest message in less than half of a second. Everything was much snappier than the previous version, and I attributed that to the newer build.

After flashing the ROM, however, I dropped the phone and the battery popped out at the "preparing your device for its first use" screen. This didn't seem to affect anything - it just restarted the setup process when I next turned the phone on - but I wanted to be safe. So I did the folowing procedure:

1. Flash shipped stock ROM
2. Hard reset
3. Reinstall latest PRI
4. Flash MightyROM
5. Hard reset
6. Reflash Verizon radio
7. Reinstall latest PRL

I did all of this to make sure I hadn't screwed anything up by interrupting the flashing process. It took a while, but everything seemed to work fine.

Now, however, my phone is slow again. When I pull the TF3D slider along, it moves choppily and lags behind my finger; when opening the mail tab, the envelope unfolds choppily and takes about 2.5 seconds to show my latest message. Everything is choppy and freezes often, just as it always has for me on Mighty 6.

I've tried everything I can to reproduce the conditions I had those few hours when my phone ran smoothly, but I can't get back there. Immediately after a hard reset, the ROM is snappy; after setting up my Hotmail account, however, it becomes choppy and slow again (even with push turned off). Even with no CABs installed, all it takes to make the phone slow is an email account. I've tried changing the PRI, PRL, and radio; nothing makes it fast again.

I really need push mail, so I can't just not setup the email account. Moreover, during those few hours when the phone was running smoothly, I had my email account set up as usual, so I know its possible.

Does anyone have any ideas about what could be causing this slowness and why it mysteriously disappeared only to reappear one hard reset later?
Old 09-10-2009, 02:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

http://www.lilrico.com/Mighty/mightyromblog/?p=493

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 09-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Since I only have the HTC 1 year warranty for my phone, how would you all advise me to have my keyboard fixed? I don't really want to chance getting a new or refurb phone. Do I even have a choice? Can I bring it somewhere and have it repaired under the warranty? Or do I have to call Sprint and have them handle the warranty claim through HTC and I get whatever I get?
Old 09-10-2009, 04:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
Since I only have the HTC 1 year warranty for my phone, how would you all advise me to have my keyboard fixed? I don't really want to chance getting a new or refurb phone. Do I even have a choice? Can I bring it somewhere and have it repaired under the warranty? Or do I have to call Sprint and have them handle the warranty claim through HTC and I get whatever I get?
Not sure how Sprint works, but with Alltel and Verizon i just called in. Mine have always been under the 1 year warranty so they sent me a new one. The 1-2 times in the past where I was past my 1-year warranty, my insurance kicked in, I paid the deductible, and they gave me a refurbished. A few times i rejected the refurbished because it wasn't in mint condition, but if it was in good condition, i kept them.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

webrebates is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by UstesGreenridge View Post
is anyones cpu usage high with this new rom? mine is hovering around 91% with nothing running.

I am also having the same issue. After a restart it climbs from 71% to above 85% within a day. I was wondering if there was a confirmed memory leak or is it just us Verizon users?
Old 09-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I could be wrong but I believe 6.5 does some memory caching which would explain the creep.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro and diamond

har226 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
If you do it through HTC you will have to send them your phone and you will be without a phone till they fix it if they fix it. ohh and you send it on your dime. I suggest you take it to sprint they should have received new keyboards for your pro. I took it in earlier this week and they just replaced my keyboard. It works awsome there is no lag at all and that was with the stock sprint rom without the lag fix cab.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mephikristiles is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlokitz View Post
RSS Hub - If only scrolling in article view worked.

Am I the only one who uses RSS Hub? If so, what other readers do people use? The only complaint I have for this ROM in all of its WM6.5 versions is that RSS Hub is not finger friendly in article view. It works fine with the finger flicking in channel and headline views, but when you go into a headline, finger flicking selects text instead of moving the article up/down.

Anyone aware of a solution? I'm pretty sure someone said it was due to the new touch drivers 6.5 uses, but others have said that they've gotten it to work on other roms.

Any thoughts?

thanks,
Troy
I haven't found a solution for RSS Hub. However, if you use Google Reader, pRSSreader is a good alternative. It's slower, but it syncs with the Google service, allows you to cache a user-set number of articles for offline viewing, and finger scrolling works in article view. The project is no longer under development, but the software works well for me. http://code.google.com/p/prssr/
Attached Files
File Type: cab pRSSreader-1.4.4.cab (1.11 MB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development