View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks4ME
PPCGeeks Regular

PPCGeeks4ME is keeping up the good workPPCGeeks4ME is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com [Windows Phone® 6.5] [Final]

Hey guys, I have an issue that I'm wondering if someone can help me with.

When I first flashed to this new ROM, I was quite impressed. Everything was incredibly smooth: the TF3D slider would no longer lag behind my finger and slid as smoothly as butter. Tapping on the mail icon, the little envelope would unfold itself and display my newest message in less than half of a second. Everything was much snappier than the previous version, and I attributed that to the newer build.

After flashing the ROM, however, I dropped the phone and the battery popped out at the "preparing your device for its first use" screen. This didn't seem to affect anything - it just restarted the setup process when I next turned the phone on - but I wanted to be safe. So I did the folowing procedure:

1. Flash shipped stock ROM
2. Hard reset
3. Reinstall latest PRI
4. Flash MightyROM
5. Hard reset
6. Reflash Verizon radio
7. Reinstall latest PRL

I did all of this to make sure I hadn't screwed anything up by interrupting the flashing process. It took a while, but everything seemed to work fine.

Now, however, my phone is slow again. When I pull the TF3D slider along, it moves choppily and lags behind my finger; when opening the mail tab, the envelope unfolds choppily and takes about 2.5 seconds to show my latest message. Everything is choppy and freezes often, just as it always has for me on Mighty 6.

I've tried everything I can to reproduce the conditions I had those few hours when my phone ran smoothly, but I can't get back there. Immediately after a hard reset, the ROM is snappy; after setting up my Hotmail account, however, it becomes choppy and slow again (even with push turned off). Even with no CABs installed, all it takes to make the phone slow is an email account. I've tried changing the PRI, PRL, and radio; nothing makes it fast again.

I really need push mail, so I can't just not setup the email account. Moreover, during those few hours when the phone was running smoothly, I had my email account set up as usual, so I know its possible.

Does anyone have any ideas about what could be causing this slowness and why it mysteriously disappeared only to reappear one hard reset later?