PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

vumpler is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com [Windows Phone® 6.5] [Final]

I only did a few minutes of searching but is it a known issue that you can't charge your phone while running Wifi Router Tethering? My battery keeps getting drained even though its hooked up to the wall charger. We get best signal by the window on the other side of the apartment.

I had it charging but it still drains the battery. Does anyone have a direct link to people claiming a solution, maybe turning off certain features etc?

Our new apartment won't have internet ran to it for another month so I'm just looking to see if I HAVE to use the USB to PC tethering, while running a crossover cable from my PC to my standard wireless router so that my wife can share the connection with me.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP1 Raphael
Carrier: VZW & Sprint

maxnix is just getting started
Re: MR6 Final Not Quite Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showp...ostcount=18411

Read the post 18411 and you'll understand better...
Was the slowness in the intial display? Didn't really seem to notice it otherwise.

One thing I do notice is that since I added MSVC in that now it announces callers in Conatacts through the BT headset. This was missing for me in MR5 and MR6 7/18/2009.

Last edited by maxnix; 09-07-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:17 PM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnix View Post
Was the slowness in the intial display? Didn't really seem to notice it otherwise.

One thing I do notice is that since I added MSVC in that now it announces callers in Conatacts through the BT headset. This was missing for me in MR5 and MR6 7/18/2009.
The initial display it works fine, but if you start installing a lot of apps and populate the start menu, it'll start getting choppy a bit.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul-touch pro-touch pro 2- HTC Evo!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

mkc90 is keeping up the good workmkc90 is keeping up the good work

hi guys this rom its awesome ..but i have something to ask yall .. i have a problem i dnt really know if is the rom or the phone ...
the problem is that when i try to type with the TP keyboard it doesnt work ...
... the other day i change my rom and it work and i had it for a couple of weeks and then it started doing the same thing.. it didnt work till i change to another rom.. when i reset the phone n try typing again with the keyboard it doesnt work ..
does somebody know the answer of this problem ???
Old 09-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You might have a loose keyboard cable and it could be coincidence with flashing.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Savio is a n00b

Hey guys, is there a way to make an icon for a program off my storage card in the programs menu? I have an .exe for a program on my storage card but I cant figure out how to make an icon for it. Also, I still cant figure out how to reorganize the home page. I tried the holding cursor over the icon but nothing happens like was suggested.

Last question, I cant figure out where to get MSVC. Is it on this forum?

Thanks!
Old 09-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vumpler View Post
I only did a few minutes of searching but is it a known issue that you can't charge your phone while running Wifi Router Tethering? My battery keeps getting drained even though its hooked up to the wall charger. We get best signal by the window on the other side of the apartment.

I had it charging but it still drains the battery. Does anyone have a direct link to people claiming a solution, maybe turning off certain features etc?

Our new apartment won't have internet ran to it for another month so I'm just looking to see if I HAVE to use the USB to PC tethering, while running a crossover cable from my PC to my standard wireless router so that my wife can share the connection with me.

Hi Vumpler.. Heres the reason.. The phone is constantly connected to your data service, while at the sametime running the Wifi equipment and trying to charge the battery at the sametime. All of this work is probably overheating your device. Once the cpu reaches a certain temperature thats it it will automatically cut off charging since that causes the most heat.

Only thing ou can do is keep the back cover off of the device and blow a fan on it. Even that wont help I bet but you can try. I noticed the same issue while on vacation. Touch your device and see how hot it gets. theres an icon too that will pop up to tell you its stopped charging due to the heat.

Billy a.k.a. LordShadowz
Verizon HTC Touch Pro
Running Mighty Rom 5 (5/8/09)
Running Telus Radio 1.04.05v

My Custom R3BORN/MR5 TF3D mods- [HERE]
My MR5 Review

VERIZON TOUCH PRO USERS, go [HERE] for Help Installing and tweaking MIGHTY ROM4 R3BORN AND MIGHTY ROM 5 with ADDED RAM, NATIVE VzW apps, Tips, Bugs with fixes, GPS Issues and essential apps attached! Updated regularly with new Info. Last Update 5/13/09
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnix View Post
If this is in reponse to MSVC, that is plain dumb!

Anyone who uses a phone while driving should only use it hands free with a BT headset or wired headset.

Also, I presume the HTC BT patch was not included either?

MM, I think we need an alternative update to the MR6 final.

The 4 column Start Menu did not slow my phone down perceptibly, so maybe a cab to change it back is out there. But I would still like a ROM with it cooked in.

Sometimes less is really less.

A great effort marred by its omissions.

marred by it's omissions ? You gotta be joking me right ? This rom is extremely smooth and works really well. Im on a Verizon Touch pro which has less memory and I'm really enjoying the Rom. Everything is working as it should. Titanium is great.

Its not marred at all by not having the 4 column start menu or MSVC. Both of those items are extremely easy to get... I mean the 4 column menu is so easy to get that its actually included in the file sections of this very thread ! It couldnt be any easier to get and takes less than 5 seconds to install. Honeycomb_startmenu.cab or startmenu cabs are in the file section..

As to MSVC, that is also very easy to get. Google is your friend. A very simple search will reveal excellent results.

I dont get why people are getting worked up about it... It's not mission critical and doesnt at all in anyway take away from this very stable and very nice rom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshadowz View Post
Hi Vumpler.. Heres the reason.. The phone is constantly connected to your data service, while at the sametime running the Wifi equipment and trying to charge the battery at the sametime. All of this work is probably overheating your device. Once the cpu reaches a certain temperature thats it it will automatically cut off charging since that causes the most heat.

Only thing ou can do is keep the back cover off of the device and blow a fan on it. Even that wont help I bet but you can try. I noticed the same issue while on vacation. Touch your device and see how hot it gets. theres an icon too that will pop up to tell you its stopped charging due to the heat.
Thanks dude, even I was unaware of that, it happend to me for the first time the other day in the car for over a hour talkin with sprint, and my charge cut off, I thought it was the car charger, but a restart and few mins later it worked again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshadowz View Post
marred by it's omissions ? You gotta be joking me right ? This rom is extremely smooth and works really well. Im on a Verizon Touch pro which has less memory and I'm really enjoying the Rom. Everything is working as it should. Titanium is great.

Its not marred at all by not having the 4 column start menu or MSVC. Both of those items are extremely easy to get... I mean the 4 column menu is so easy to get that its actually included in the file sections of this very thread ! It couldnt be any easier to get and takes less than 5 seconds to install. Honeycomb_startmenu.cab or startmenu cabs are in the file section..

As to MSVC, that is also very easy to get. Google is your friend. A very simple search will reveal excellent results.

I dont get why people are getting worked up about it... It's not mission critical and doesnt at all in anyway take away from this very stable and very nice rom.
I wasn't even gonna be that nice, you, mighty, and rico took care of it first.. lol...!
Old 09-07-2009, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP1 Raphael
Carrier: VZW & Sprint

maxnix is just getting started
Thumbs up Re: MR6 Final Not Quite Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post
The initial display it works fine, but if you start installing a lot of apps and populate the start menu, it'll start getting choppy a bit.
Hmmm.....sounds like a personal problem. Anyone can overlaod any phone with useless programs.

But I can install the 4 column cab myself. Maybe it will work better than baked in the same manner the MSVC cab works better? But it is true that the program baked into the ROM will save more free memory, no?

Thanks again to you both!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development