View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 06:04 PM
lordshadowz
Regular 'Geeker

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz
Re: MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com [Windows Phone® 6.5] [Final]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vumpler View Post
I only did a few minutes of searching but is it a known issue that you can't charge your phone while running Wifi Router Tethering? My battery keeps getting drained even though its hooked up to the wall charger. We get best signal by the window on the other side of the apartment.

I had it charging but it still drains the battery. Does anyone have a direct link to people claiming a solution, maybe turning off certain features etc?

Our new apartment won't have internet ran to it for another month so I'm just looking to see if I HAVE to use the USB to PC tethering, while running a crossover cable from my PC to my standard wireless router so that my wife can share the connection with me.

Hi Vumpler.. Heres the reason.. The phone is constantly connected to your data service, while at the sametime running the Wifi equipment and trying to charge the battery at the sametime. All of this work is probably overheating your device. Once the cpu reaches a certain temperature thats it it will automatically cut off charging since that causes the most heat.

Only thing ou can do is keep the back cover off of the device and blow a fan on it. Even that wont help I bet but you can try. I noticed the same issue while on vacation. Touch your device and see how hot it gets. theres an icon too that will pop up to tell you its stopped charging due to the heat.

Billy a.k.a. LordShadowz
Verizon HTC Touch Pro
Running Mighty Rom 5 (5/8/09)
Running Telus Radio 1.04.05v

My Custom R3BORN/MR5 TF3D mods- [HERE]
My MR5 Review

VERIZON TOUCH PRO USERS, go [HERE] for Help Installing and tweaking MIGHTY ROM4 R3BORN AND MIGHTY ROM 5 with ADDED RAM, NATIVE VzW apps, Tips, Bugs with fixes, GPS Issues and essential apps attached! Updated regularly with new Info. Last Update 5/13/09
This post has been thanked 2 times.