PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

dragonpyro is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 06.09.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21731 ] MightyROM5

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
What radio version are you running? I am on Sprint and flashed to 1.10 and have gotten much better reception on both the Stock ROM and MR5.
Check this thread and try a different radio.

Also, I think you may have problems w/ S2U2...or at least I did. I went to using CSDevCtrl which toggles the nice new WinMo 6.5 slide lock. I like it and it's easy to setup. Just search for CSDevCtrl...assuming you have problems w/ S2u2

I have alltel. Will the sprint radio interfere with that?

I did have some problem S2U2 but now it seems fine. Should I uninstall it? i can live without it.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 06.09.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21731 ] MightyROM5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpyro View Post
I have alltel. Will the sprint radio interfere with that?

I did have some problem S2U2 but now it seems fine. Should I uninstall it? i can live without it.
If S2u2 is working fine for you...then leave it. I had problems with it on the previous release of MR5.

As for the Sprint Radio...it shouldn't have too much of an effect. Just try a few different radios and see which gives you the better combination of battery life and reception.

Also, the stock Sprint radio made my TP much hotter when on calls and data than the newer one I run now. Plus I get better reception.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
If S2u2 is working fine for you...then leave it. I had problems with it on the previous release of MR5.

As for the Sprint Radio...it shouldn't have too much of an effect. Just try a few different radios and see which gives you the better combination of battery life and reception.

Also, the stock Sprint radio made my TP much hotter when on calls and data than the newer one I run now. Plus I get better reception.
another thing to keep in mind guys is the new 6.5 signal icon shows less bars. For example if you flash back to shipped(6.1) with old signal bar you will see more bars. So basically signal bars are somewhat meaningless. Now some radios will provide better results or may show more bars but the latest 6.5 signal bar doesn't display this. Doing mobile speed tests and calls will determine your true coverage.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Lurker

jonthompson is a n00b

5.24.09 was working great on my sprint touch pro - 06.09 installed ok and seems fast - but the communications manager wont enable data connection or wifi. No error, just switches on/off. Wifi is disabled and grayed out. Flashed, then cleared storage to hard reset. Still no luck. Upgraded radio to 1.11.00F (As I planned to anyway)- and reset. Still no luck.

Reverted to 05.24.09 - still no data/wifi. Any ideas? I've browsed the thread some but haven't been through all 1400+ pages

- Update - Reset a couple more times and finally got 5-24 working again with both EVDO and wifi. Gonna sit out 06-09 and wait for the next probably.. Looks like #14229 is having same issue.

Last edited by jonthompson; 06-10-2009 at 06:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
another thing to keep in mind guys is the new 6.5 signal icon shows less bars. For example if you flash back to shipped(6.1) with old signal bar you will see more bars. So basically signal bars are somewhat meaningless. Now some radios will provide better results or may show more bars but the latest 6.5 signal bar doesn't display this. Doing mobile speed tests and calls will determine your true coverage.
5/24 & 6/6 definitely drop the signal strength. I get clear connection on other roms but consistent drops and static on these 2 mighty roms, which SUCKS bad because everthing else about the rom is awesome. I'd rather have less battery life and stronger signal so i can at least talk on the phone
Old 06-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Lurker

Zimnick is a n00b

Just installed latest MightRom version... and now I can't turn on Wi-Fi? Everytime I try to, it just switches back to off. I can't even use the switch in the Comm. Manager.

Any ideas?
Old 06-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimnick View Post
Just installed latest MightRom version... and now I can't turn on Wi-Fi? Everytime I try to, it just switches back to off. I can't even use the switch in the Comm. Manager.

Any ideas?
No idea. Mine is working just fine on 6/9. Are you running regular or lite?

Did you install any other apps after the flash?
Old 06-10-2009, 07:29 PM
N00b

jimfun is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
You don't HAVE to install a keyboard. You could just edit the registry at HKLM\system\inbox\RecipientAutocomplete\DisableIME ContextInAddressField and change the Dword value from 1 to 0. That worked for me on this rom.

Oh yah, you also have to change max suggestions from 0 to 4(or whatever).

I went ahead and attached a reg file that you could import. Just take off the zip extension.
OK, I'm not normally an idiot, but I can't seem to:
1. Get file to download properly
2. Change file extension (stoopd freaking windows xp)
3. Get registry entries changed.

<sigh> I'm going to edit them in manually, and see if that adds in the recipient listing. Argh.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

MiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to MiltonPro Send a message via MSN to MiltonPro

Ok so I am clear, I just read about 20 pages back. For the most part, another successful ROM from Mighty Mike.

*The new updated ROM 06.09.09 is faster than prior ones left at normal PagePool.
*There is a ez input cab that needs to be installed to make texting work.
*The rest of the cabs or options for texting are also posted on the first post.
*Less lag-time on keyboard, but 3rd party app is the only way to eliminate completely.
*There is a loss of radio strength with new 6.09.09 upgrade?

Am I missing anything else....... No need to post all the improvements, we can all clearly see the difference.

Last edited by MiltonPro; 06-10-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

MiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to MiltonPro Send a message via MSN to MiltonPro

Lite just means no TFLO3D?? I should see everything else. I am downloading lite now, any insights

***EDIT***

How do I install now. I have it saved to the desktop 06.09.09, then what??

Last edited by MiltonPro; 06-10-2009 at 09:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development