PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 09:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: your face
Carrier: yourface.com

dethcom4 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 06.09.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21731 ] MightyROM5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltonPro View Post
Ok so I am clear, I just read about 20 pages back. For the most part, another successful ROM from Mighty Mike.

*The new updated ROM 06.09.09 is faster than prior ones left at normal PagePool.
*There is a ez input cab that needs to be installed to make texting work.
*The rest of the cabs or options for texting are also posted on the first post.
*Less lag-time on keyboard, but 3rd party app is the only way to eliminate completely.
*There is a loss of radio strength with new 6.09.09 upgrade?

Am I missing anything else....... No need to post all the improvements, we can all clearly see the difference.
*Less lag-time on keyboard, but 3rd party app is the only way to eliminate completely.

- What are you using? Is it freeware?
Old 06-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

MiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to MiltonPro Send a message via MSN to MiltonPro
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 06.09.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21731 ] MightyROM5

Read this post, about 15 pages back......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Honestly, Thanks to PCTEK.

He introduced me to an application called Speedbooster.

I'm unsure if there are similar programs out there which do the following, although if there is, please do tell.

One aspect of the application allows you to allocate more memory to a certain .exe.

Well allocate more memory to TMAIL.EXE

And Keyboard Lag is GONE!... U couldn't make the keyboard lag if you tried!

I use this all the time now and love it!

Unfortunately the software doesn't work on regedits, so It's nothing i can directly implement within the rom. It is all software controlled.

It is a PAY App though unfortunately.

If anyone can let me know if there is similar software that is freeware, please do tell!
Old 06-10-2009, 09:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sniggle is just getting started

Any plans to move to 21806 in the coming couple days? I'm gonna end up flashing this anyway tonight though, can't stay away
Old 06-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:

How do I install now. I have it saved to the desktop 06.09.09, then what??
Just right click it to extract the files & go from there...
Old 06-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Ok so I am clear, I just read about 20 pages back. For the most part, another successful ROM from Mighty Mike.

*The new updated ROM 06.09.09 is faster than prior ones left at normal PagePool.
*There is a ez input cab that needs to be installed to make texting work.
*The rest of the cabs or options for texting are also posted on the first post.
*There is a loss of radio strength with new 6.09.09 upgrade?

Am I missing anything else....... No need to post all the improvements, we can all clearly see the difference.

Not sure where the ezinput install need is coming from. Texting worked for me fine. You WILL want to install the sms160.cab to get your text input limit back up to 160 characters. There is also a basic regedit to get the To field to pull contacts from your phonebook or from previous entry. But that's it.

As for the radio...no problems here. Running on Sprint 1.10 and haven't had any signal strength issues. It's just that switching from the stock skinny bars to the big ones makes it look like you have less signal.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfun View Post
OK, I'm not normally an idiot, but I can't seem to:
1. Get file to download properly
2. Change file extension (stoopd freaking windows xp)
3. Get registry entries changed.

<sigh> I'm going to edit them in manually, and see if that adds in the recipient listing. Argh.

It will do the trick. It's also MUCH quicker than messing around w/ a *.cab. No soft reset required for the changes to take effect.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: your face
Carrier: yourface.com

dethcom4 is a n00b

Quote:
Read this post, about 15 pages back......
Hah, the program is just adjusting the priority of the process it appears. I wonder if this can be done without this program.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
Not sure where the ezinput install need is coming from. Texting worked for me fine. You WILL want to install the sms160.cab to get your text input limit back up to 160 characters. There is also a basic regedit to get the To field to pull contacts from your phonebook or from previous entry. But that's it.
The only reason ezinput is needed is if you want the SYM key on your keyboard to work again, and to get the original full qwerty keyboard back.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

MiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post

As for the radio...no problems here. Running on Sprint 1.10 and haven't had any signal strength issues. It's just that switching from the stock skinny bars to the big ones makes it look like you have less signal.
Yeah, I was talking about the issue with Xt9 and something else.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...87&postcount=6

This was put out from Mike himself... Im good with the other info needed, thanx...
Old 06-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Lite version is too lite for me. Darn, darn, darn. I want to get rid of Tflo sooo bad.

I just can't install about 15 extra cabs and apps.

How do you get My Phone app to show on the phone likre 05.24.09?????
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development