PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

MiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to MiltonPro Send a message via MSN to MiltonPro
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 05.28.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21725 ] MightyROM5

Quote:
Originally Posted by imakshar View Post
JBOOT,
How is battery life on this light version 5.28 compared to 5.24 mighty 5 ? I am looking for the longer battery life ROMS and currently using 5.24.09.
I have yet to see a w6.5 ROM have the battery life of Mighty's 4.16 ROM. Just hasn't happened. Battery life now is not terrible, but I had to tweak more than my power/screen settings....

The things I am doing now to squeeze extra life using 05.24.09:

*Turned off "Flash light " & "display message on screen" for all notifications. Only play sound, it makes a great difference.

*Phone set to vibrate only when needed, Plays sound all other times.

*Sporadically check comm manager to see that other functions aren't turned on. "Beam" and "Direct Push" occasionally turn on for no reason...

*Don't longer use Advanced Config to adjust data connectivity, aside from interfereing with #777 reg files, it has been said that Touch Pros automatically turn it off. But again I check every now and then.

I also let my battery drain completely dead atleast 2 times a month and fully charge for 10 hours again.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Lurker

imakshar is a n00b
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 05.28.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21725 ] MightyROM5

Hi there,
I have flashed the new 6.5 build 5.28.09 and trying to figure out how to change the left and right keys from Default to something i want. I tried using the advanced config tool 3.3 and still it does not work. Can some one please help me with this. How to change the keys in MightyROm5 6.5 032809 version?
Old 06-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Lurker

imakshar is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltonPro View Post
I have yet to see a w6.5 ROM have the battery life of Mighty's 4.16 ROM. Just hasn't happened. Battery life now is not terrible, but I had to tweak more than my power/screen settings....

The things I am doing now to squeeze extra life using 05.24.09:

*Turned off "Flash light " & "display message on screen" for all notifications. Only play sound, it makes a great difference.

*Phone set to vibrate only when needed, Plays sound all other times.

*Sporadically check comm manager to see that other functions aren't turned on. "Beam" and "Direct Push" occasionally turn on for no reason...

*Don't longer use Advanced Config to adjust data connectivity, aside from interfereing with #777 reg files, it has been said that Touch Pros automatically turn it off. But again I check every now and then.

I also let my battery drain completely dead atleast 2 times a month and fully charge for 10 hours again.
thanks for a quick reply but can you explain how to turn off flash light and display messages on screen.
Have you done any other customoization to default Win 6.5 home screen?
Old 06-05-2009, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Telus
Carrier: Telus

Hiquin is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
thanks for a quick reply but can you explain how to turn off flash light and display messages on screen.
Have you done any other customoization to default Win 6.5 home screen?
Hey, go to start -> settings -> sounds and notifications -> click the notifications tab

and for each of the events in the drop down box, make sure display message and flash ligh for.. are unchecked! voila.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Lurker

imakshar is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiquin View Post
Hey, go to start -> settings -> sounds and notifications -> click the notifications tab

and for each of the events in the drop down box, make sure display message and flash ligh for.. are unchecked! voila.
Holy Molly, these default notification sound and settings are battery drainer .. thanks a lot for this pointer .. it seems simple but i m sure it will save a lot of battery.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

kris510 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris510 View Post
Very nice ROM. Question. I have some photos on my Storage card and they seem to appear blurry when viewing them using TF3d under Photos and Video tab. They look solid when viewing with the album viewer. Any ideas?
Anybody know of a fix for this? When I flash Juicy's ROM, the photos under Photos and Video tab looks good, but not with this ROM.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

MiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to MiltonPro Send a message via MSN to MiltonPro

Quote:
Holy Molly, these default notification sound and settings are battery drainer .. thanks a lot for this pointer .. it seems simple but i m sure it will save a lot of battery.
Yeah, I noticed that if I had missed call/text/email ect.... the phone would be flashing the notification light till I realized it. Just little things now that help me save battery.

For screen settings, I have left it on auto adjust backlight. No changes there. But of course bringing the brightness down a notch will help also. My backlight cuts off after 30 sec, and device turns off after 1 minute.
start/settings/system/power/backlight

The other thing is Push mail. If you've set up an email, make sure you specifically set to manually for best battery performance. You can also set a time frame during the day for emails to come in if you need to stay connected via emails. Remember, everytime you recieve an email, your phone automatically turns on "Data connectivity" thus draining more battery.

Last thing I gave up was showaco Titanium weather cab. I just did not like its info, accuracy and connection setups. I installed 05.24.09 without it, and just use MSN weather. If you have it and don't set the update times correctly, it will eat up your battery....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have my email check every hour automatically. Frequently though after a phone call or a text session I hop on over to email and do a manual send/receive. I used to have it check every 10 minutes or so and that was battery drainer.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:17 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris510 View Post
Anybody know of a fix for this? When I flash Juicy's ROM, the photos under Photos and Video tab looks good, but not with this ROM.
just go into the menu in TF3D and change the pic to the same one.....problem solved...I dont use TF3D...but when I did that always did the trick...
Old 06-05-2009, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

techboss is keeping up the good worktechboss is keeping up the good work
Soft Reset Hangs - Have to Hard Reset

I have started using Sashimi to automate the process of installing my customizations since the MR 5 - 5/24 release. I install the following customizations (to the device):

Sashimi 8
SMS160
Total Commander
Regedit
Advanced Config
Fdcsoft Task Manager
ICR_51spsoft
Spbscreenshot
tnyynt SD tuneup
ActiveSync XML provisioning to an exchange server

Everything seems to work for a while (a few hours/up to a day) then my TP starts to act strange (different programs stop responding/functioning) and I have to soft reset.

After it boots, it hangs at the Mighty ROM splash screen and I have to hard reset (subsequent soft resets hang as well).

I am going to reduce the number of installed programs to try to pin it down. The newest programs I have started using are Sashimi, SMS160,
ICR_51spsoft, Spbscreenshot and tnyynt SD tuneup.

Any thoughts?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development