View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 02:02 PM
MiltonPro
Regular 'Geeker

MiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to MiltonPro Send a message via MSN to MiltonPro
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 05.28.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21725 ] MightyROM5

Quote:
Originally Posted by imakshar View Post
Holy Molly, these default notification sound and settings are battery drainer .. thanks a lot for this pointer .. it seems simple but i m sure it will save a lot of battery.
Yeah, I noticed that if I had missed call/text/email ect.... the phone would be flashing the notification light till I realized it. Just little things now that help me save battery.

For screen settings, I have left it on auto adjust backlight. No changes there. But of course bringing the brightness down a notch will help also. My backlight cuts off after 30 sec, and device turns off after 1 minute.
start/settings/system/power/backlight

The other thing is Push mail. If you've set up an email, make sure you specifically set to manually for best battery performance. You can also set a time frame during the day for emails to come in if you need to stay connected via emails. Remember, everytime you recieve an email, your phone automatically turns on "Data connectivity" thus draining more battery.

Last thing I gave up was showaco Titanium weather cab. I just did not like its info, accuracy and connection setups. I installed 05.24.09 without it, and just use MSN weather. If you have it and don't set the update times correctly, it will eat up your battery....