PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro and diamond
Carrier: Sprint

har226 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 05.28.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21725 ] MightyROM5

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
I have had random overnight lockups ever since I got the phone, on nearly every ROM. I get very few, however, since I turned off the "Today Timeout" in the Today settings.
What does that "Today Timeout" do?
Old 05-31-2009, 10:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 05.28.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21725 ] MightyROM5

Quote:
Originally Posted by har226 View Post
What does that "Today Timeout" do?
If I understand correctly, all it does is send the device back to the Today screen after a certain amount of idle time. I haven't noticed any negatives to it being off.

Edit: Also, just wanted to reiterate, once in a great while it still happens but very rarely.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mteele is a n00b
Re: [ROM] [MAY.08.09] [[MightyROM5]] Windows® Phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsDon View Post
Actually yes! Try the attached .cab

It's just got updated today and does some amazing things like turning on the bluetooth when you get a call and turning it back off (or leave it on) after the call ends. Saves me from having to do it manually, just another battery saving technique. Here is a link to XDA for info on this locking program: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=386451

It works great with WM6.5 and the stock lock (which spanks S2A BTW) but you need to disable the HTC volume control and also return to the stock dialer (which is very very nice in 6.5, not the butt ugly one that was in WM6.1).

Advanced Config. will let you disable the phone canvas. I'm attaching a cab for that as well as one that automatically disables the HTC volume. The package together works awesome. S2A is a PITA.

I cant get it to work...tells me to run setup first, and I did!!!
Old 05-31-2009, 10:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

ElAguila is keeping up the good workElAguila is keeping up the good work

Does anyone else have an issue with the task manager reseting itself after each soft reset of the phone. Opened the task manager settings and enabled it to close an application when tapping on the X button. It works great until I have to soft reset, then when the phone comes up the task manager no longer has Enable the X button selected.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmy72 View Post
Well I appreciate the effort. I downloaded that file, and reset however, it just brought up the error, over and over that the send failed and if I wanted to resend. and I also could not receive pic mail also. Its okay. I Still love the ROM, but I have gone back to the stock, until we can figure out a way to stabilize ROMS for U.S. Cellular. Once I get my broadband Internet, I will be downloading some kitchens and base files and trying to build som U.S. Cellular ROMS. It appears that most of the ROMS right now are centered more for sprint and Telus. But I do appreciate the help.
just so people don't think I just gave up, I need my picmail for tomorrow at work, but by this weekend I will be back to figuring this problem with us Cellular and the roms.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

lp_stealth is just getting started

I noticed something wierd.

First forgive me as I havent folowed this thread over the last few days but comparing my phone to my friends stock bell TP I can only see my music as ringtones for calls but cant access them fto change my incomming text messages sound notification to any music I have on my phone.

has this happened to anyone else?

PS I have hard reset numerous times and this is still an issue.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [ROM] [MAY.08.09] [[MightyROM5]] Windows® Phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mteele View Post
I cant get it to work...tells me to run setup first, and I did!!!
I had this same issue but found out how to make it work. Open each of the individual setting folders, choose your options and then close (save) each one. Once you've done all of them exit out and then it will know you have "run setup" and just go to work. It's an amazing little program.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:28 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by lp_stealth View Post
I noticed something wierd.

First forgive me as I havent folowed this thread over the last few days but comparing my phone to my friends stock bell TP I can only see my music as ringtones for calls but cant access them fto change my incomming text messages sound notification to any music I have on my phone.

has this happened to anyone else?

PS I have hard reset numerous times and this is still an issue.
Put those specific ringers directly in \My Documents\
Old 06-01-2009, 03:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Qomolangma is just getting started

Has anyone experienced a shortening of text messages? After I flashed MightyROM my text limit went from 160 characters to 130? Any fix that anyone knows of?
Old 06-01-2009, 03:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qomolangma View Post
Has anyone experienced a shortening of text messages? After I flashed MightyROM my text limit went from 160 characters to 130? Any fix that anyone knows of?
install this
Attached Files
File Type: zip sms160.zip (746 Bytes, 32 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development