PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 06:39 AM
Reg
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Reg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 05.28.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21725 ] MightyROM5

Many thanks!
Old 05-30-2009, 07:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint TP on VZW
Carrier: VZW

oshea85ppc is a n00b
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 05.28.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21725 ] MightyROM5

with the 5.28.09 light rom, i'm trying to set the pagepool to 24MB...pagepoolchanger says "Nothing found. Invalid, unknown or encrypted ROM file. Select another." What gives? I thought maybe i had a corrupted download...grabbed it again, same thing.

edit - fixed the rom date typo. thanks razor

Last edited by oshea85ppc; 05-30-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshea85ppc View Post
with the 5.28.09 light rom, i'm trying to set the pagepool to 24MB...pagepoolchanger says "Nothing found. Invalid, unknown or encrypted ROM file. Select another." What gives? I thought maybe i had a corrupted download...grabbed it again, same thing.
I tried to change it when i downloaded it and got the same thing. I think the problem is that Mighty Mike may have accidentally included the wrong pagepool changer with this new light version 5.28.09 rom. I just downloaded the 5.24.09 rom and looked at the pagepool changer and it is a newer version then the one in the 5.28.09 download. Using the newer version pagepool changer I was able to change the pagepool on the 5.28.09 rom just fine.

Last edited by razorloves; 05-30-2009 at 10:27 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popasmurf View Post
Tried to do that, and both exist. It won't let me overwrite them either.
I dropped them in using active sync and soft reset. Worked just fine.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:02 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

loving the 5/28...
the only "htc bloatware" i missed was the volume control... in case anyone's interested, i'm attaching the cab... make sure you restart after install though

*edit* now that i think about it, i miss the htc comm manager too.... can anyone point me in the right direction?
Attached Files
File Type: cab Volume_Control_from_Raphael_by_Swtos.cab (149.4 KB, 43 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by strra; 05-30-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nbaj2k is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshea85ppc View Post

edit - fixed the rom date typo. thanks razor
sorry for a newbie question, where in the ROM do I go to change the pagepool? I assume its in the registry?

~J
Old 05-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

ElAguila is keeping up the good workElAguila is keeping up the good work

You need to extract the exe file and then you will see a program called pagepool_changer. Run that and change your page pool and then run the rom update utility.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:48 PM
the World Watcher

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
loving the 5/28...
the only "htc bloatware" i missed was the volume control... in case anyone's interested, i'm attaching the cab... make sure you restart after install though

*edit* now that i think about it, i miss the htc comm manager too.... can anyone point me in the right direction?
i'm pointing myself in the right direction.... if anyone is interested, here's the comm manager (it wasn't easy to find):
Attached Files
File Type: cab Topaz_Comm_Manager.cab (2.52 MB, 45 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-30-2009, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nbaj2k is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAguila View Post
You need to extract the exe file and then you will see a program called pagepool_changer. Run that and change your page pool and then run the rom update utility.
Thanks!

And I assume if I want to attempt to make it a little faster (obviously sacrificing battery), I'd bump up the pagepool?
Old 05-30-2009, 12:53 PM
the World Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbaj2k View Post
Thanks!

And I assume if I want to attempt to make it a little faster (obviously sacrificing battery), I'd bump up the pagepool?
you'd be sacrificing onboard storage space
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development