PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 03:10 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [MAY.08.09] [[MightyROM5]] Windows® Phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
i was debating on whether 2 rls a hotfix or new rom, but this seemed most fitting.

ill save an update for more thrilling updates hehe
you really never do sleep!!!
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACoolGuy View Post
Just FYI. The issue with disabling HTC dialer and in-call volume is a known issue with both WM6.1 and 6.5 . There is a fix out there...search it as i dont have time sorry...but the fix cannot be reversed once installed. Quick search right now (cant help but be helpful sometimes) and the cab is below. Good luck as i havent tried this myself.
OK, here's the low down with this cab. First of all, thanks for finding and posting it, it does work. I read the entire thread about this at XDA and more folks said it worked than didn't and that was good enough for me.

Here is how to get the stock 6.5 lock and dialer along with keeping your in call volume.

Install Advanced config 3.3 and disable the phone skin. Soft reset your phone. This will kill S2A and bring in the new oem dialer. It will also kill your in call volume adjustment because it does not delete the HTC volume. The HTC volume control and the WM 6.5 dialer do not like each other. WM6.5 has it's own volume control and it will be enabled when the HTC volume control is banished. The enclosed cab (thanks ACoolGuy) will eliminate the HTC volume control. Soft rest your phone.

At this point I installed Devicelock 1.1 so I could simply hit the power button and lock the phone. The cab is below. Soft reset your phone.

At this point everything works with some good and some bad (known) caveats:

Good - the phone now "rings" 1 ring earlier for me (2 instead of 3)
Good - my memory usage dropped from 38 at initial boot to 31. Apparently the HTC volume control is a memory pig.
Good - no fighting with S2A and OEM lock. OEM lock displays right away.
Good - the cab shows up as uninstallable in the remove programs screen. I haven't tried it though.

Bad - there is no longer a bluetooth icon in the task bar. This is a known issue as MS does not package a BT icon for it's stock dialer. The folks at XDA (and here I presume) are working on fixing that.

Umm, that's it. No more bad stuff. I feared a keyboard font corruption issue would surface because that is apparently tied into the HTC volume control as well and the folks at XDA were saying it changes the soft keyboard fonts to an ugly 'courier' font. It didn't change anything on my Touch Pro, keyboards are all still intact.

I'm thrilled with the phone now. The chefs here and over at XDA get a big =D> from me for all you do.

Last edited by ItsDon; 05-10-2009 at 03:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:27 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsDon View Post
OK, here's ....(Clipped)
Umm, that's it. No more bad stuff. I feared a keyboard font corruption issue would surface because that is apparently tied into the HTC volume control as well and the folks at XDA were saying it changes the soft keyboard fonts to an ugly 'courier' font. It didn't change anything on my Touch Pro, keyboards are all still intact.

I'm thrilled with the phone now. The chefs here and over at XDA get a big =D> from me for all you do.
I belive the cab is also non-installable (meaning even if you uninstall it it still keeps) so no going back now. just wanted to mention that, (could be wrong about that though)
Old 05-10-2009, 03:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordyt View Post
I belive the cab is also non-installable (meaning even if you uninstall it it still keeps) so no going back now. just wanted to mention that, (could be wrong about that though)
Yup, I knew that going in and it was a chance I was willing to take. It does show up as uninstallable so who knows. I personally have no intention of unistalling it though, it works great! Only other bad thing I forgot was that the OEM lock still wants you to slide it twice to unlock. I believe it's a WM6.5 glitch, anyone know if it is fixable? Not a deal breaker by any means, more of an annoyance.

Last edited by ItsDon; 05-10-2009 at 03:36 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

temperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good work

Im updating on my second day on this rom, and it still is running strong. I dont get what all this original dialer/htc volume/s2us stuff is about, but i have no problems with calls. oh and i dont know what incall volume means, but id think it means being able to change volume while in a call? well regardless if i dont know what it is its obviously not a problem im seeing..... This rom is sooo fast, stable andd after all my tflo mods and titanium mods and about 50 cabs installed. this is running strong and the best 6.5 rom ive found yet. ill be sticking with this one for a long whileeeeee. thanks again mighty team . I would recomend this rom to anyone that looking for a headache free, fast, stable titanium and tflo mix rom.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Devilstrider is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilstrider View Post
Ok my camera is black again and the hot fix is installed.
Ok its working. Soft rest and its fine.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:48 AM
Lurker

boomerxyz is a n00b

Anyone else having super sluggish keyboard response? I type and like 5 secs later it appears.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsDon View Post
Yup, I knew that going in and it was a chance I was willing to take. It does show up as uninstallable so who knows. I personally have no intention of unistalling it though, it works great! Only other bad thing I forgot was that the OEM lock still wants you to slide it twice to unlock. I believe it's a WM6.5 glitch, anyone know if it is fixable? Not a deal breaker by any means, more of an annoyance.

Mine doesn't require you to slide it twice... I slide it once left or right and it unlocks.

Billy a.k.a. LordShadowz
Verizon HTC Touch Pro
Running Mighty Rom 5 (5/8/09)
Running Telus Radio 1.04.05v

My Custom R3BORN/MR5 TF3D mods- [HERE]
My MR5 Review

VERIZON TOUCH PRO USERS, go [HERE] for Help Installing and tweaking MIGHTY ROM4 R3BORN AND MIGHTY ROM 5 with ADDED RAM, NATIVE VzW apps, Tips, Bugs with fixes, GPS Issues and essential apps attached! Updated regularly with new Info. Last Update 5/13/09
Old 05-10-2009, 07:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz

Damnit! A bug is back !

I use MSN for my e-mail. Last night I wanted to test the battery. So I went into settings and selected "Items as they arrive" which is like push mail as soon as they come in it notifies me.

I put the phone to sleep (Not using device lock, I just hit the power button) and went to bed. I woke up thismorning and went to turn the device on and just like in previous builds the phone froze, I could see the word "Messaging" where the start menu button should be and the "X" on the right top of the screen. So I hit soft reboot..

Now my E-mail notifications won't work. No Vibration. No sounds. The lights do come on and the number of e-mails do appear on the screen.. But no sounds and no vibration.

I checked sounds and notification settings and there is no corruption. The sound I have selected, Alert-Major1 works fine.

But I no longer can get e-mail notifications.

I sent myself a Text message and called the phone.. Those sounds work fine. But it looks like the Notifications bug is back. I just hope the other sounds don't stop working..

EDIT: Well this is interesting. I soft reset. Sent myself another e-mail... I actually WATCHED as the e-mail came through the "Messaging" screen started to activate, then deactivated. Again no sound. Just the light blinking.. so I wait a minute and send another text, without even touching the device, and bam the e-mail came through and there was sound. So I sent myself another e-mail and again there was vibration and sound..

So it looks like when you have "Items as they arrive" checkmarked as long as it doesn't try to activate the message window it will work..

EDIT2- So after confirming it worked. I let the phone hibernate on its own while it sat on the charger for the past hour. I sent myself another e-mail. The light starts flashing but no sound and screen stayed off. I turn the device back on Via the power button and BAM theres the messaging screen again. As I described above you see the word "Messaging" where "Start should be and the X button is thereon the upper right corner of the screen. For some reason its trying to turn on the messaging app and hanging. This time the messaging window exited on its own.. But now I have no E-mail notifications again.

EDIT3- Ok I've in both Titanium and TF3D I've disabled The E-mail tabs. made sure "Display on screen" is unchecked. I turned off Windows Live services on the Today screen. I've changed sounds. I've disabled account picker. I've done everything and its still doing the samething in both TF3D and Titanium. The messaging app will atttempt to launch and hang after a soft boot or if the device is hibernating and causing the alert sound not to activate. I can't think of anything else I can try. I've gone back to getting e-mail manually and reenabled everything.

As I said there is no actual corruption and my original MR5 review stands.. All other sounds and notifications continue to work perfectly.

***Oh and on another note, I don't know what the hell I did LOL, but in TF3D I no longer have to click on a text message and open it up to get rid of the notification. Also somehow my music is now playing continuously even when place the device in hibernation. I wish I knew what I did that changed these two thing. A lot of people have that issue.

What do you think Mike ?

Last edited by lordshadowz; 05-10-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

shadowhawk2021 is becoming a great contributor

Anyone have trouble syncing after installing this ROM?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development