PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 02:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

xtkxhom3r is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2-24-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.7 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [UC]

i dont know man it seems that every time i try to use s2u2 my phone runs hella slow and i feel like my batt doesnt last but i dont have any hard evidence
Old 02-27-2009, 03:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [2-24-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.7 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by housinit View Post
How do you figure? With S2u2 installed on my phone I get about 36 hours of battery life. Without it installed and active I get about 24 hours. It actually improves my battery life with its power management features active. I have never had it slow my phone down either. So again, how does it go about draining your battery and slowing your phone down?
Yeah, isn't S2U2 quite the memory hog? I had always assumed it was a battery drain due to this. That's awesome if it really extends battery life by 50%.

Also, I've read it doesn't play very nicely with S2A and causes the phone to lock up during calls. Housinit, are you using it with v1.7 of KK's rom? What version of s2u2 are you using? Have you experienced any lag or freezes?

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Old 02-27-2009, 03:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Casiopeia E100,Sprint Apache,Sprint TP,TP2,EVO

housinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good work

Kevan,

Just wanted to say thank you very much for the latest 1.7. Its running great, a lot faster than previous builds, i'm attributing that to the new different SYS. My very unscientific way of testing speed it by opening up the Windows folder in Total Commander. Last few builds it has been 11-15 seconds, latest build 6 seconds. NICE! Getting close to Mighty's, his is 3-4 seconds.

Haven't run across any big issues yet. Can't get Picasa to work correctly. But i'm gonna mess with it a bit to see what the deal is.

Thanks again!!

--housinit
Old 02-27-2009, 06:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

housinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
Yeah, isn't S2U2 quite the memory hog? I had always assumed it was a battery drain due to this. That's awesome if it really extends battery life by 50%.

Also, I've read it doesn't play very nicely with S2A and causes the phone to lock up during calls. Housinit, are you using it with v1.7 of KK's rom? What version of s2u2 are you using? Have you experienced any lag or freezes?

Yeah, well S2U2 is a memory hog. It uses 2563kb in the process list. But it's CPU time is 0%, so thats where I would assume most power consumption would happen. I could be wrong. Yeah, I have S2U2 installed on KKs 1.7, running version 1.45. I always load S2U2 on all ROMs. Its usually the first thing I install and I have been running it since I had my PPC6700.

When I first setup S2u2 on my Touch Pro with S2A installed I did have issues. This was because I set it up the same way I was always used to and enabled the Caller ID and Slide to answer in S2U2. This conflicted with S2A. So now the only thing I have enabled on S2U2 is the screen lock, nothing else. So when a call comes in S2A handles that and S2U2 is completely byp*****. I do not have any lag having S2U2 enabled, at least not any that I have noticed. If there is any, it is negligible. You definitely have to install it on the internal memory, not the SD card, or else you will have lag and lock ups.

The reason I get better battery with it turned on is because if I don't, I am always pulling my phone out of my pocket and it is on for some reason. With S2U2, no matter what, it is always off. I have S2U2 set to turn off the device after 5 seconds if it comes on on its own. This alone helps battery life tremendously. Otherwise, the phone take 60 seconds to turn off. Catch my drift?

BTW, I may have been exaggerating a bit when I said 24 and 36 hours. I normally get about 24-30 hours on my TP with S2U2 installed. Without it, more like 16-18. Still, quite a bit of an increase. This fact has been discussed on other threads about S2U2, so it is not just my imagination.

--housinit

Last edited by housinit; 02-27-2009 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
byp*****
I think that word is bypas sed. So funny that it bleeps it out.

Thank you for your review. I need a good locking program, but refuse to sacrifice battery life. Your input has given me hope, going to give it a try now.

I'm sure you know S2U2 is up to 1.50d now, is there a reason you are still on 1.45?

Last edited by GoodGets; 02-27-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael 800
Carrier: Sextel

RavenTBK is keeping up the good workRavenTBK is keeping up the good workRavenTBK is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Do you have any screen locks that you would recommend? Other than the built in screen lock?
I kinda like SensorLock.
http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=290047
Old 02-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

back to the thread...

KK, what can we expect out of 1.8...1.7 is awesome, but I read earlier you were planning on waiting for something off of the TP2...
Old 02-27-2009, 05:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Othelious is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginkilla View Post
Just flashed 1.7, love it minus a few issues...

1.) Weather Master still giving SQL Errors.
2.) Action Screen Shortcut in Start|Programs gives unsigned error.
3.) I use Garmin Mobile XT instead of Google Maps, I'm attaching a cab to modify the action screen to use \Storage Card\Garmin\Apps\WM\QuePPC.exe In case anyone else uses it.
4.) I removed the finger menu from Windows|Startup since I couldn't find it in Remove Programs, is that an ok way to do so?
5. What is the best way to back up the phone before flashing? PIM Backup seems to get my text messages out of order, and SPB Backup makes my phone sluggish after a restore.
1 and 2 I am having the exact same issues, if i try and insert a new city into the weather db it blows up with sql access deny'ed errors and the action screen is not working for me either, get signature error like you.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
I think that word is bypas sed. So funny that it bleeps it out.

Thank you for your review. I need a good locking program, but refuse to sacrifice battery life. Your input has given me hope, going to give it a try now.

I'm sure you know S2U2 is up to 1.50d now, is there a reason you are still on 1.45?
Nope, just discovered the new version today. Gonna try that one out considering it has a lot more options in it now, including password and reject call with SMS, although I probably won't enable that because it will conflict with S2A(which in my opinion handles calls better than S2u2.)

Also, I just wanted to tell Kevan sorry if this S2u2 discussion is off topic, but I kinda thought it was still relevant to this thread considering someone had requested it to be added and whether or not it worked on KK 1.7.

--housinit
Old 02-27-2009, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othelious View Post
1 and 2 I am having the exact same issues, if i try and insert a new city into the weather db it blows up with sql access deny'ed errors and the action screen is not working for me either, get signature error like you.

Is the Action screen working if you try to access it from the TF3D Home screen? Get the same error if I try to use the shortcut via the Programs folder, but works fine from the Home screen.

I did manage to fix this. Open Total Command and browse to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs. Locate the HTCActionScreen.lnk. Click and hold on the shortcut and select Properties. Deselect "Read Only". Click on it twice so there is NO check mark there. Click on OK. Now, do the same again, click and hold on shortcut and go to properties. Click on the Shortcut tab. Change Target to "\Windows\HTCActionScreen.exe", with the quotes. Click on ok. It should work fine now.

--housinit

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development