PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 08:33 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Re: (May 17, 2009) MERDIN'S WM6.5Pro 4.5 CE OS 5.2.21232(Build 21232 MerdinH)UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by viwizard View Post
I'm really glad I don't use hard keyboard, however I'll b giving my 12 year old daughter a TP in place of a Diamond shortly ( because she wants keyboard) I'm sure I'll see keyboard problem then.
Yea its really a flaw, but maybe if you wait a little more for mid june, and then we can find out if the RUMOR about the touch pro 2 is true, and its released.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BPO22 is just getting started

thanks Merdinh, yes heavy email/texter ... amazing how these keyboards go down so quick ... 3 bro ... ill be calling sprint for another one ha ....

thanks
Old 06-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPO22 View Post
thanks Merdinh, yes heavy email/texter ... amazing how these keyboards go down so quick ... 3 bro ... ill be calling sprint for another one ha ....

thanks
no problem, many users on this thread have had same issue, sprint replaced it everytime.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

imakshar is a n00b

HI Merdin,
Thanks a lot for this great ROM. I flashed it on my Sprint TP and it is nice. However, I have 2 issues that I am facing currently.
In TF3D, on HOME screen IE or Program tab does not work when I use Stylus or use finger to press to select. Nothing Happens.
SO when I removed those tabs using advanced config tool, it is gone but now the My People's tab take longer time to load the images of my favorite contacts to load.
Is there any tweak or cab files that I need to flash to get rid of these issues ?
I really need My People Shortcut to work Faster and IE to be on HOME Screen.

Please help.

Thanks a lot.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imakshar View Post
HI Merdin,
Thanks a lot for this great ROM. I flashed it on my Sprint TP and it is nice. However, I have 2 issues that I am facing currently.
In TF3D, on HOME screen IE or Program tab does not work when I use Stylus or use finger to press to select. Nothing Happens.
SO when I removed those tabs using advanced config tool, it is gone but now the My People's tab take longer time to load the images of my favorite contacts to load.
Is there any tweak or cab files that I need to flash to get rid of these issues ?
I really need My People Shortcut to work Faster and IE to be on HOME Screen.

Please help.

Thanks a lot.

if your using the wm6.5 home screen i would suggest you use touchlfo, to enable it go into, start menu>Settings then click on today, and then in there find the option for Touchflo3d and check it, save, then restart your phone.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

ViperYourMother is a n00b

I can't seem to change the PagePool on the 6.5 ROM. I can on the 6.1 version, as well as everyone else's 6.5, but now the PagePool Changer says:

"Nothing found. Invalid, unknown, or encrypted ROM file. Select another."

My problem is that I have a Verizon Touch Pro, and need all the RAM I can get. Also, does the 6.1 ROM have the same battery fixes that make the 6.5 last so damn long?
Old 06-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperYourMother View Post
I can't seem to change the PagePool on the 6.5 ROM. I can on the 6.1 version, as well as everyone else's 6.5, but now the PagePool Changer says:

"Nothing found. Invalid, unknown, or encrypted ROM file. Select another."

My problem is that I have a Verizon Touch Pro, and need all the RAM I can get. Also, does the 6.1 ROM have the same battery fixes that make the 6.5 last so damn long?
Hi sorry viper, but i currently have the 6.5 xip ecrypted, and its currently set at 20mb page pool, and the only way to edit it is by hex editing, if your familiar with that, then you can change it, and also yes both 6.1 and 6.5 have the same tweeks, and drivers.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

ViperYourMother is a n00b

Thanks for replying so fast, I'm not familiar enough with hex editing to mess around with it on my phone. Is there anyway you could pm me a quick rundown of what I'd need to change? I really want this on my phone, but a 20 meg page pool is just too much on my poor little phone.

Last edited by ViperYourMother; 06-04-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

imakshar is a n00b

if your using the wm6.5 home screen i would suggest you use touchlfo, to enable it go into, start menu>Settings then click on today, and then in there find the option for Touchflo3d and check it, save, then restart your phone.

Hi there,
Thats what I did but when phone powers up, it shows the TF3D but some of the tabs in it does not work. I mean they stay there as it is when highlighted .. for example Browser will not show any icon when selected and none of the soft keys will work. I have to hit HOME and than launch from Start menu than only the IE or Opera will work.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (VZW)

CollegeKid is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperYourMother View Post
Thanks for replying so fast, I'm not familiar enough with hex editing to mess around with it on my phone. Is there anyway you could pm me a quick rundown of what I'd need to change? I really want this on my phone, but a 20 meg page pool is just too much on my poor little phone.
I'm in the same boat, and looking for an answer. I'll flash the 6.1 ROM for now but would like to go 6.5 with an 8-12mb pagepool. If Merdin did PM you please post how to use the hex editer for a pagepool change. I'll do some searching and see what I can find.

EDIT: Okay found This thread that explains exactly how to use the hex editor to change the pagepool for our verizon TP's. Little scared to try it but oh well, whats the worst that could happen??

EDIT#2: I bricked my phone! Just kidding.. I actually wasn't even able to find the correct string using the hex editor. I tried both 20mb pagepool and 24mb, but no string was found using the above instructions. Bummer.

Last edited by CollegeKid; 06-05-2009 at 01:50 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development