PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Re: (April 13, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.2*Manila 2* CE OS 5.2.21042(Build 21042 MerdinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by adenicol View Post
I noticed on the list of features that VOIP is listed. I tried several things to get it to work but while I can download and run the destr0_VOIP_WM61___SIP_Config_1.1.CAB, I can't get the internet phone feature to show up in start-->settings-->phone even though I have Internet Phone enabled in start-->settings-->today. Is there something that needs to be enabled to get this to work?

Im not sure since i never used voip, all i know about that is its internet phone lol, if someone else knows please help out.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

adenicol is just getting started
Re: (April 13, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.2*Manila 2* CE OS 5.2.21042(Build 21042 MerdinH

Suposidly Windows Moble actually has the capabilities to use VOIP but when the cariers get it they shut that capability down. There are some cabs out there that will actually re-enable that capability and you can set the phone to use either the actual carier or if it has web access to use a voip account and connect your calls that way. So if you are near a WiFi hotspot or have a data plan it can default to that and if there is not access where you are then it will default to your normal phone plan for outgoing calls.

Unfortunatelly, most VOIP software uses the external speakers on the HC phone, by using the windows embeded VOIP, it is supose to use the phones ear speaker just like if you were making a regular call and you would use the phone just like a regular phone without having to launch a seperate app every time you wanted to make an VOIP call.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

ahawke01 is keeping up the good workahawke01 is keeping up the good work

I can't get the text messaging to work on this ROM after using it for a while. It will let me reply but it will not allow me to send a text without freezing up. This is my favorite ROM and I have used alot of different one's on this site. I just attempted sending an e-mail and it is doing the same thing as my Text messaging. When I type the name in the to field it pulls up a list of my contacts and it freezes the entire phone up. I have attempted to install the ROM over again and it is still doing this. I hope this is fixed on the next release.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:44 PM
tgt
Lurker
Carrier: USCC

tgt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayajin View Post
Anyone else have the issue with the internet still randomly stopping to work?

Well not only do I have that happen, but the PPST/Menu/Restore then Update Profile does not seem to fix the problem for me. I am forced to hard reset in order to get my internet to work again.

Anyone else have this issue?

-Sayajin

I've encountered this as well, but a soft reset (both times) fixed it for me.

-tgt
Old 04-23-2009, 09:50 PM
tgt
Lurker
Carrier: USCC

tgt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahawke01 View Post
I can't get the text messaging to work on this ROM after using it for a while. It will let me reply but it will not allow me to send a text without freezing up. This is my favorite ROM and I have used alot of different one's on this site. I just attempted sending an e-mail and it is doing the same thing as my Text messaging. When I type the name in the to field it pulls up a list of my contacts and it freezes the entire phone up. I have attempted to install the ROM over again and it is still doing this. I hope this is fixed on the next release.
Encounterd this one a few times as well. I guess that means I'm using the ROM, it's certainly well done.

-tgt
Old 04-24-2009, 08:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro on Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

rev800x is becoming a great contributor

I have a small but annoying issue with 4.2. I can't get any of my album art to show up when using audio manager. Anyone else have this issue or know what I am doing wrong? The album art is in the folder of each album.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

vashthegreen is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to vashthegreen Send a message via Yahoo to vashthegreen Send a message via Skype™ to vashthegreen

the link is STILL down!!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 04:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

aaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Does anyone know whats wrong with the download link? I wanted to try out the 6.5 ROM
Old 04-25-2009, 05:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC SuPeR SoNiC A.k.A EVO
Carrier: cricKet

tech-9 is a n00b

Am I missing something?? I went to try and download the 6.5 but it says file is unavailable?!?! Also will this work for the Diamond? And do you have a Cricket Cab file??
Old 04-25-2009, 05:17 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech-9 View Post
Am I missing something?? I went to try and download the 6.5 but it says file is unavailable?!?! Also will this work for the Diamond? And do you have a Cricket Cab file??
merdin's roms are only for touch pro

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development