PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 12:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Sayajin is keeping up the good workSayajin is keeping up the good workSayajin is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (April 13, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.2*Manila 2* CE OS 5.2.21042(Build 21042 MerdinH

Newbie question..

I assume I still need to install the stock Sprint MMS application in order for picturemail to work?

The reason I ask is because I know a new ArcSoft was released a few weeks ago and people claimed that you did not need the stock Sprint MMS application in order for it to work.

-Sayajin
Old 04-14-2009, 01:00 AM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Re: (April 13, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.2*Manila 2* CE OS 5.2.21042(Build 21042 MerdinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayajin View Post
Newbie question..

I assume I still need to install the stock Sprint MMS application in order for picturemail to work?

The reason I ask is because I know a new ArcSoft was released a few weeks ago and people claimed that you did not need the stock Sprint MMS application in order for it to work.

-Sayajin
Nope you wont need it, you can send pictures by going into text messages then press menu, then press new, and then press picturemail, and also when you receive pictures it will be in the text thread.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:01 AM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.
Carrier: Verizon

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
This lag some are experiancing is wierd, im not having any of these issues, and i also rely on my email alot on the phone i use it almost every 5 minutes no problem.

1. Make sure you guys did a hard reset after flash.
2. Make sure you let the custimizations run fully before it resets by itself.
3. Perform if regular reset if above has been done.

Then if problem is still occuring please report the following.

1.What is the service provider name on the front of your phone.
2. what carrier are you using the phone with.
I am using a Veizon TP on Verizon and this happened to me once today, pretty trippy but a simple soft reset seemed to fix it.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyBear View Post
lol i know how you feel but lemme share a secret with you. top of the page you can use "search thread" to look for stuff within the thread lol
The search engine on this site is SO damn finicky......... just sayin
Old 04-14-2009, 01:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Sayajin is keeping up the good workSayajin is keeping up the good workSayajin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
Nope you wont need it, you can send pictures by going into text messages then press menu, then press new, and then press picturemail, and also when you receive pictures it will be in the text thread.

Which is what I thought, but for some reason I can neither Send nor Receive them. When I try to send, it just sits in my outbox. Do I need to manually add my MMS server or something? The only server in there currently is SampleMMSC and it is not a viewable server.

-Sayajin
Old 04-14-2009, 01:14 AM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayajin View Post
Which is what I thought, but for some reason I can neither Send nor Receive them. When I try to send, it just sits in my outbox. Do I need to manually add my MMS server or something? The only server in there currently is SampleMMSC and it is not a viewable server.

-Sayajin
Its just like a text message, it just sends and then sits there, but while its sitting there its uploading the pic to the server,and onces uploaded it sends to the number you sent it to. Once receiving process should be the same as text message, if your having trouble not receiving them or the other person is not receiving your picture make sure there phone can support the picture size if so then other then that try your regular service provider mms.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Can anyone else confirm that MMS is working for them on Sprint? I still have been unable to get mine to function properly.

-Sayajin
Old 04-14-2009, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

TheDoctor1971 knows their stuffTheDoctor1971 knows their stuffTheDoctor1971 knows their stuffTheDoctor1971 knows their stuffTheDoctor1971 knows their stuffTheDoctor1971 knows their stuff

As I recall, I had to install the sprint arcsoft from this thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61802) in order for mine to work. The version that comes with the rom doesn't work for sprint for picmail, the pic just sits in the outbox forever as there's no valid server setup. After installing there will be a SprintMMSC in the server list.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cordevil95 is keeping up the good workcordevil95 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor1971 View Post
As I recall, I had to install the sprint arcsoft from this thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61802) in order for mine to work. The version that comes with the rom doesn't work for sprint for picmail, the pic just sits in the outbox forever as there's no valid server setup. After installing there will be a SprintMMSC in the server list.
I had to do the same thing. MMS works great now.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint EVO

lse4 is a n00b

hello is there a way i can lock a folder? thank u
Old 04-14-2009, 05:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor1971 View Post

Thanks a lot man. This completely fixed the issue for me.

Heads up Merdin, there is a bug in your MMS messaging. Confirmed multiple times.

Otherwise, a great ROM!

-Sayajin

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development