PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Rhino27 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (March 29, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.1*Manila 2* CE OS 5.2.21042(Build 21042 MerdinH

I just downloaded the 6.5 rom and it looks great. I also get the above message. If it helps, the text in the title bar is 00CAB5E6.041
Old 04-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Re: (April 13, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.2*Manila 2* CE OS 5.2.21042(Build 21042 MerdinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyBear View Post
ok i am now having trouble with texting. it is super slow when i'm using phone keypad but fine with i use full kb. not only is texting slow, it slows the entire phone down. this is a downer for me on such a fast and great rom :-/
Man your phone must really hate you, try a soft reset see if that fixes it, not a issue for me.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP
Re: (April 13, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.2*Manila 2* CE OS 5.2.21042(Build 21042 MerdinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
Man your phone must really hate you, try a soft reset see if that fixes it, not a issue for me.
oddly enough. i was having problems with texting and emailing screens coming up. when i selected either, it took forever to come up. it was crazy. so as a test, i reflashed to the version i tested. and the problems went away. as soon as i select text message or email message, the screen pops right up.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
oddly enough. i was having problems with texting and emailing screens coming up. when i selected either, it took forever to come up. it was crazy. so as a test, i reflashed to the version i tested. and the problems went away. as soon as i select text message or email message, the screen pops right up.
so which rom are you using? 4.2 manila 2? and merdin, lol my phone may hate me but i sure love my phone

Old 04-13-2009, 02:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
so which rom are you using? 4.2 manila 2? and merdin, lol my phone may hate me but i sure love my phone

i was using 4.2 manila 2 but i went back to 4.15 (the test version).

it may be something i'm just doing differently. merdin, any ideas on this?
Old 04-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ok so weird thing too. i just performed a hard reset and i just noticed that this keyboard font is different from what i had before hard reset. very weird! all on the same rom with nothing installed. think i have a ghost in my phone!
Old 04-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

NxtGenCowboy is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to NxtGenCowboy

The only issue using 6.5 is the fact when you go to add a contact in a Text Message or an Email without using the add recipient option, in others the quick entry when you just start typing the name, it tries to send to a single digit number.

if i add the contact through the add recipient and select the recipient than it sends fine.........

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BPO22 is just getting started

Quote:
ok i am now having trouble with texting. it is super slow when i'm using phone keypad but fine with i use full kb. not only is texting slow, it slows the entire phone down. this is a downer for me on such a fast and great rom :-/
Big Time Problem here, it is not only with Texting, but also with Emails ... As you type things get slower and slower and eventually get to the point of a soft reset. I personally rely on my phone for Emails and textes, so this has been a major problem as well for me.

FYI : Using the newest Merdin 4.2 Red w/ Manilla ... smooth rom otherwise!

Last edited by BPO22; 04-13-2009 at 03:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jahouse is just getting started

This is a great ROM, but I am having email and texting problems using 4.2 Manila 2. Text messages are not sent out and my outlook exchange will not sync. I have internet and my gmail works fine. Is there a fix I am missing? I have hard and soft reset.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPO22 View Post
Big Time Problem here, it is not only with Texting, but also with Emails ... As you type things get slower and slower and eventually get to the point of a soft reset. I personally rely on my phone for Emails and textes, so this has been a major problem as well for me.

FYI : Using the newest Merdin 4.2 Red w/ Manilla ... smooth rom otherwise!
well a hard reset fixed it so far. so "fingers crossed" for no more lag

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development