PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Re: (March 29, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.1*Manila 2* CE OS 5.2.21042(Build 21042 MerdinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidzthe1 View Post
Merdin, is there a way that i could go in and remove timezones manually? Or is that something reserved for more knowledgable people like you, because if you could provide maybe the file that you edit out all the other timezones and just leave, i don't know, maybe the five or six ones most common..............catch my drift?
Yea click on the clock in the home screen, and then press menu, and then press Remove Cities, and delete all the ones you want to remove.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: (March 29, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.1*Manila 2* CE OS 5.2.21042(Build 21042 MerdinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
that is just bazarre. i wonder why my alarm isn't working. when it's time for the alarm, it switches over to the alarm settings screen and just sits there. it did the exact thing in one of your other roms.

noone is having this problem? serious?
Sorry to say but I am not having the problem you are talking describing

Old 03-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPO22 View Post
Merdin, ya I have Sprint, and no matter if it is a text or an email, if i try to type the name rather then use the ADD RECIPIENT, it freezes up with a long line in the send to space. I have had to reset every time this has happen.

Also on a side note, the green is pretty cool, funky look! The bottom slide bar is really small thou, but nothing major, Im playing with it, and ill decide if this or the RED is right for me!!!!
Try removing the sprint cab, and reset your phone, and then see how it goes.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
Yea the clock problem is a know issue with a fix, that works for some phones and others it wont, and about the alarm clock, i use it every morning to wake me up, not sure i might have fixed it on accident editing my manila, but DHarvery stated that they found a fix that can be included in the next manila they release hopefully soon, becuase it will not work with a cab install.

Also for the text messaging if you dont have sprint, then try installing one of the other carrier cabs and see if that fixes your messaging issue.

Yup. According to DHarvey the clock problem is inherent within TF3D2 itself. The recommended fix is to go to "clocks and alarms" in the settings menu (not through the TF3D home screen!) and change your time to the correct settings. Once the time is set there if your TF3D time is still set to the wrong time then go ahead and fix TF3Ds time from the home screen. Once that is done go back in and set the clock settings back to the right timezone and time. Basically what you are trying to do is get the OS time to match with the TF3D time and then once you have it right NEVER got into the homescreen clock again because it will revert back to the wrong time because of the reset bug. The work around is not really a work around ... just a means of getting your time back to normal. The clock and alarms functionality from TF3D just does not work.

As for the users who have not had this issue... I think that might be because they haven't set any alarms as yet. Once they actually fool around with their alarms the issue will rear its ugly head would be my theory.

The good news is there should be a fix in the next release so just hang on till then.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stuff

Other useful information on issues...

The time issue also could affect anyone using Arcsoft for picture mail. This is because Arcsoft uses the WinMo's SMS application to send the picture mail while SMS from TF3D uses its TF3D wrapper. The times of both of those are off by an hour and this would cause picture mails to arrive with the wrong timestamp. Although it still should work since the receiving phones should have the right time... but it could still fool with your SMS because of the time confusion.

Other issues that people rarely notice include the People tabs issue with the secondary and primary numbers not getting used even when they are selected from the tab... the primary always gets called no matter what. And the contact card issue where the album won't open to allow you to add the picture.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

davidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiyah View Post
Yup. According to DHarvey the clock problem is inherent within TF3D2 itself. The recommended fix is to go to "clocks and alarms" in the settings menu (not through the TF3D home screen!) and change your time to the correct settings. Once the time is set there if your TF3D time is still set to the wrong time then go ahead and fix TF3Ds time from the home screen. Once that is done go back in and set the clock settings back to the right timezone and time. Basically what you are trying to do is get the OS time to match with the TF3D time and then once you have it right NEVER got into the homescreen clock again because it will revert back to the wrong time because of the reset bug. The work around is not really a work around ... just a means of getting your time back to normal. The clock and alarms functionality from TF3D just does not work.

As for the users who have not had this issue... I think that might be because they haven't set any alarms as yet. Once they actually fool around with their alarms the issue will rear its ugly head would be my theory.

The good news is there should be a fix in the next release so just hang on till then.
Good info.....thanks for the heads up!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Lurker

jfanman is a n00b

Quote:
hm wierd, and your using the blue version correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperhuck View Post
Know Issue:
in Windows Mobile Pro 4.1

AudioManager tab fix just extract, and copy these to windows folder.jballer.com/Fix 1 for v4.1 AudioManager_Eng.exe.zip

i have tried the above fix for the audio error to no avail. after replacing the files in windows with the new files , i still get the same error.

could someone with more abilities help .. i also tried a cab of audiomanager that i found.
Quote:
did you reset after applying these in there.
Hi, Merdin. I know you are working this issue but I just wanted to add that the fix didn't work for me either. Thanks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Talking Re: (March 29, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.1*Manila 2* CE OS 5.2.21042(Build 21042 MerdinH

I will be archiving this Lite 4.1 Rom version now, this is the only cooked ROM that I have not had a few major issues with, since I have had my TP's.....
Old 03-30-2009, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

davidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technology1 View Post
I will be archiving this Lite 4.1 Rom version now, this is the only cooked ROM that I have not had a few major issues with, since I have had my TP's.....
Already done.....lol !!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Ok well so far only problems i have that are actual rom related in this release, Manila Not Included.

Blue Version:
  1. EPST codes not installed
  2. AudiManager missing from music tab
Lite Red Version:
  2. Office folder in programs but office is not included
  3. of course manila bugs already know on Rhodium manila
Red Version:

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development