PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Commwarrior X is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (March 26, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.0 with *Manila 2* (Build 21040 MerdinH)UC

I just installed the 4.0 Lite Version with red manila and I must say this is freakin cool! Much faster. I see now what the big deal is with with all the custom ROMs and being as how this is my first 1 a whole new world has opened up to me lol.

Now I need to know should I do a hard reset to work out any kinks before I put my info back into the TP?

And are there any cabs that should be installed to work out any known glitches if there are any?

I know some of these my have already been answered but its alot to sift through so thx for understanding. Btw quick responses are appreiciated as I am leaving town for a couple of days and won't be reliably near a computer. And as always thx in advance.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commwarrior X View Post
I just installed the 4.0 Lite Version with red manila and I must say this is freakin cool! Much faster. I see now what the big deal is with with all the custom ROMs and being as how this is my first 1 a whole new world has opened up to me lol.

Now I need to know should I do a hard reset to work out any kinks before I put my info back into the TP?

And are there any cabs that should be installed to work out any known glitches if there are any?

I know some of these my have already been answered but its alot to sift through so thx for understanding. Btw quick responses are appreiciated as I am leaving town for a couple of days and won't be reliably near a computer. And as always thx in advance.
Welcom to the world of custom Roms, and well there are a few issues in the rom, main ones is there is internet glich on some devices, and, and the ringer most of the time will not ring, im working on a fix for these, and i will release a new rom once i have them fixed.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

I read through all of the post, and sorry guys i dont have time to answer every single question on hear, but please help each other out with what you may know, ill post if something unknown is needed until i resolved some issues.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:15 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commwarrior X View Post

Yeah, its recommended to hard reset again after a new flash just to be safe. As far as cabs for known glitches, just use the rom and see how it works for you. With merdinhs current 4.0 rom users are having various degrees of success with it. For the most part I haven't experience any of the ringtone not ringing issues but if it happens just change to a different dialer. Also some users are having issues with their internet not working, again personally I haven't had any issues with my internet.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:20 PM

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by milenkoben View Post
Ok here is the issue that I am having and have not seen mentioned. I am with sprint, I am not having the internet problem, but I cannot send picture messages, if I try and install arcsoft it says Installation was not successful. The program or setting could not be installed because it does not have sufficient system permission..... The thing is i can recieve pictures, just not send them. Does any one have a fix for this?

other than that issue, this is seriously the best rom I have ever installed. I tend to flash around a lot to see if some one else has made something that I like better, but this rom is truley awesome.
I had a similar issue with my first flash of this rom(both with arcsoft and sprintpicmail) to where I couldn't send any pics so what I did was just hard reset and everything was running smooth since.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm pre

milenkoben is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by heady4614 View Post
not sure if this will help but its worth a shot I am on alltel and had the same issue. go to your inbox for you txt messages menu> pics/video options> server sprint should be in there click on it change your port number from 8080 to 80
the only option is SampleMMSC and the new and set as default buttons are grey and cannot be pressed
Old 03-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Commwarrior X is a n00b

Ok I'm hard reseting now and thx for the quick responses u guys rock!
Old 03-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Lurker

milenkoben is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
I had a similar issue with my first flash of this rom(both with arcsoft and sprintpicmail) to where I couldn't send any pics so what I did was just hard reset and everything was running smooth since.
after trying a hard reset, I no longer have internet. this was great until I got greedy and wanted to send pics lol
Old 03-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Lurker

milenkoben is a n00b

Ok, I have hard reset a couple times because I did not have the internet glitch until I hard reset after installing, and still cannot get the internet back
Old 03-27-2009, 10:44 PM

How about this, is anyone elses text messages getting delayed delivery? When my girl texts me it takes about 15 minutes for me to get it now instead of just a few seconds. It also takes quite a bit longer for her to receive my text messages as well. I flashed back to a couple of older roms and it worked perfectly but when using 4.0 it gets delayed. Any thoughts?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development