PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 09:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

heady4614 is keeping up the good workheady4614 is keeping up the good workheady4614 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (March 18, 2009) MERDIN'S Windows Mobile Pro 3.95 (Build 21032 Merdinh) [Red\Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidzthe1 View Post
Hey Merdin, I tried this rom and even though it is nice and has some very cool features as always, but i have noticed a few things that i have concerns with.

1. The issue of the keyboard not typing letters while using the compact qwerty on screen keyboard is still there. Whenever you type, it continues to only type numbers and symbols, no letters.

2. The notifications for new text messages don't appear on the screen. The new message box pops up, but the message itself is out of view (too low) to be seen and cannot be scrolled down to view. There may be an easy solution to this, but i couldn't figure it out.

I have enjoyed all of your past roms, and really think that you are one of the best, if not best chef out there. Keep up the great work.

next to the keyboard symbol on the bottom of your screen is a like an up arrow tap on that it will bring you up to a menu then tap on the keyboad and there you be
Old 03-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

lilhead is a n00b
Re: (March 18, 2009) MERDIN'S Windows Mobile Pro 3.95 (Build 21032 Merdinh) [Red\Blue

Great Rom but the sym key is not working when text n
Old 03-19-2009, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

davidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by heady4614 View Post
next to the keyboard symbol on the bottom of your screen is a like an up arrow tap on that it will bring you up to a menu then tap on the keyboad and there you be

Thanks, but that wasn't the issue. I know how to change keyboards and such, I just had an issue of when using the compact qwerty keyboard, the keyboard only gave numbers and symbols, not letters. If we could find a fix for that, i would be be back on this kick azz rom.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

heady4614 is keeping up the good workheady4614 is keeping up the good workheady4614 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidzthe1 View Post
Thanks, but that wasn't the issue. I know how to change keyboards and such, I just had an issue of when using the compact qwerty keyboard, the keyboard only gave numbers and symbols, not letters. If we could find a fix for that, i would be be back on this kick azz rom.

with all of my playing with this rom and in that area there is a setting in there for that. do you have the new 3.95 cause I had to go through the setting for 3.9 to fix that issue however the 3.95 didnt have that issue as bad. and I beleive I went into the other input methods/options and changed mine in there
Old 03-19-2009, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G :)

sryans2004 is keeping up the good worksryans2004 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to sryans2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Marshall View Post
I've found thtree bugs so far in the 3.95 blue install.
1. the symbol key on the keyboard does not bring up the symbol choice window... doesn't matter what app but you can test it in notepad.

2. tapping at the battery icon or volume icon or any icon at the top brings up a sprint notification window (is that by design?)

3. the phone doesn't ring (no sound)

Other than that (so far) this is a beautiful rom.

btw... i've done two hard resets and I also have installed nothing.

Are you having these problems on 3.95? I am on 3.9 and having these exact problems.. The major issue here is the Phone not ringing.. Anything i can do for that? Checked my sounds & notifications, volume is up, everything looks good.... Except I can't tell when someone calls me? Is this fixed in 3.95?
Old 03-19-2009, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2 Energy CookieTab ROM Running FrOyO

jihadi is becoming a great contributor

Merdinh, I am having some with 9.5 The main issue is when I tap the browser icon in landscape OR portrait, the Opera logo pops up like it is loading then after about 5 seconds it goes away and........ NOTHING! Other than that main issue and a couple little quirky things, I love the ROM. Any fix for this issue? Thank you.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jihadi View Post
Merdinh, I am having some with 9.5 The main issue is when I tap the browser icon in landscape OR portrait, the Opera logo pops up like it is loading then after about 5 seconds it goes away and........ NOTHING! Other than that main issue and a couple little quirky things, I love the ROM. Any fix for this issue? Thank you.
Wow - what a bold user name !
Old 03-19-2009, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2 Energy CookieTab ROM Running FrOyO

jihadi is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
Wow - what a bold user name !
It's not really. It's actually a noble term if used PROPERLY. The literal and common translation of jihad is "to struggle against forces of evil, no matter how adverse the situation"

The mainstream media and ignorant muslims have made it a taboo word when it is truly something we ALL should do and be (jihadi being one who struggles against evil)

It doesn't mean "HOLY WAR" like the media would want us believe though it could mean war if that war is against what islamic scholars have determined to be a threat to the world, society, a country or even a village. However, in Islam we are taught that the most imprtant jihad is that against our own desires and evils and that the phisical jihad of war is a far lesser struggle. Keep in mind that in Islam, aggression is ABSOLUTELY forbidden. The only way I understand Islam is to hold the exact understanding of the righteous muslims who established Islam. Unlike many, my understanding does not come from my emotions or from my neigborhood sheik (religous leader) UNLESS my emotions and that sheik are proving it from the authentic texts. It's unfortunate that so many use and twist Islam to suit their persoanl emotions, desires and unfounded understanding. SO, it's not a bold name. It is one a humble, peaceful, righteous person should HOPE to achieve.

To me and anyone who lives Islamically according the authentic sources of the religion, the BEST jihadi is one who does not murder, slander, lie, commit adultery of fornication, abandon their family, display signs of arrogance or supremacy and he/she is IS one who struggles to do good through charity, kindness, patience, understanding, honesty, hard work, dedication to religion, peaceful solutions, etc.

Merdinh, sorry to go OT. I just can't help but educate and help people understand that Islam and it's terms are not what they think they are.

Last edited by jihadi; 03-19-2009 at 01:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

12Marshall is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sryans2004 View Post
Are you having these problems on 3.95? I am on 3.9 and having these exact problems.. The major issue here is the Phone not ringing.. Anything i can do for that? Checked my sounds & notifications, volume is up, everything looks good.... Except I can't tell when someone calls me? Is this fixed in 3.95?
I did not try 3.9 but I did try the 3.95 red rom as well with the same issues. And just to clarify it does bring in the call and flash etc... just not ring.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

Fuzzywuzhe is a n00b

Okay ... I didn't read all over one hundred pages of this thread .... sooooo ... if this has been spotted already just ignore this ...

I love the blue version ... but it has I think an issue as does the red one ... at least on my phone:

After flashing, I started to enter personal data ... name, company, etc. ... when I get to phone number the full qwerty keyboard goes to numbers and will not go back to letters unless I do a soft reset, first time it goes to numbers it stays there again ... at first I thought it was one of my apps loaded at first boot ... so I pulled the sd card, hard reset ... same issue

I did a hard reset after relashing ... same issue ...

I redownloaded the rom and ... same issue ...

I give up ... I really like this rom but I've gone back to 3.8 due to this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development