PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

davidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (March 18, 2009) MERDIN'S Windows Mobile Pro 3.95 (Build 21032 Merdinh) [Red\Blue

Hey Merdin, I tried this rom and even though it is nice and has some very cool features as always, but i have noticed a few things that i have concerns with.

1. The issue of the keyboard not typing letters while using the compact qwerty on screen keyboard is still there. Whenever you type, it continues to only type numbers and symbols, no letters.

2. The notifications for new text messages don't appear on the screen. The new message box pops up, but the message itself is out of view (too low) to be seen and cannot be scrolled down to view. There may be an easy solution to this, but i couldn't figure it out.

I have enjoyed all of your past roms, and really think that you are one of the best, if not best chef out there. Keep up the great work.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff
Re: (March 18, 2009) MERDIN'S Windows Mobile Pro 3.95 (Build 21032 Merdinh) [Red\Blue

i have but two small issues, but they bug me so bad lol... rom 3.9/r . Well for one every time i click on anything in the taskbar the 'Notifications' window pops up, and it seems the setting to disable the popup has been removed. I.E. I want to open the Power control when I click on the battery. Also, I removed Settings and Comm Manager from TF3D because I like to have a small slider. I cannot use the comm mangr with touch, everytime i click to enable or disable Data it takes me to phone settings, blutooth takes me somewhwer else but none work properly and are just shortcuts to different settings. ihave to scroll down by clicking thd dpad and then pressing the center button on the service. Help?
Old 03-18-2009, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BPO22 is just getting started

Hello ... first and foremost, I love what you do with these ROMS, they make the phone so much smoother and responsive!

I just upgraded to your newest 3.95, and a few things I am having problems with ... When you have a picture open the UPLOAD TO FACEBOOK showed up at first, but I was never able to configure, and now I don't even see it there. This worked great on the last MERDIN Rom !!!

Also, when you grab a notification and you press the top bar, that Notification page opens up which is BEAUTIFUL ... BUT ... how about if I just want to hit the Volume on that top bar or something else ? is that completely undoable now ? That isnt that big of a deal, just something I noticed.

So far, thats really it ... everything else is working great so far !!!! GREAT ROMS keep up the great work brotha !!!!!!!!!

THANKS !
Old 03-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Thanks for all the feedback guys, this is what i need positive feedback that will help me correct the bugs, at the same time, and keep the forum peaceful. thanks
Old 03-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Great ROM Merdin! It keeps getting better and better.

Only issue I've seen so far with 3.95 is I can't find the link to the regular WinMO File Explorer. Only one I can see is the Resco one. In 3.8 the WinMO file explorer was on the start menu and in the programs folder.

On another note... Since I'm flashing so much I played with an SDConfig file on the Mogul back in the day but I'd like to setup one on the TP. I keep all my cabs on my SD card and I can create a simple SDConfig to install them. Is there a way I can put it on my SD card and it will pick it up after the customizations run after a flash?

Thanks
Old 03-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

One other thing I just noticed. I saw that 60652 PRL is out for Sprint. The Update PRL option is missing from the settings->system tab. I think it used to be there on Merdin 3.8. Does anyone know what command it ran to update the PRL?
Old 03-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
Great ROM Merdin! It keeps getting better and better.

Only issue I've seen so far with 3.95 is I can't find the link to the regular WinMO File Explorer. Only one I can see is the Resco one. In 3.8 the WinMO file explorer was on the start menu and in the programs folder.

On another note... Since I'm flashing so much I played with an SDConfig file on the Mogul back in the day but I'd like to setup one on the TP. I keep all my cabs on my SD card and I can create a simple SDConfig to install them. Is there a way I can put it on my SD card and it will pick it up after the customizations run after a flash?

Thanks
Just make that same text file on the root of your sd card, and also all the cabs there too, and after custimizations are done it will install those files.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Another thing I noticed with 3.95 is the text messaging bug seems to have crept in. If you are having a conversation with someone with say 3 or 4 messages then exit out it shows those messages as not read. Then you have to go in and out of the conversation to clear each message and you have to do it once for every message. Annoying for heavy texters. Looks like it's back to 3.8 for me until this is fixed.

I had this issue on my Mogul on one of no2chem's ROMs and had to abandon his ROM due to this issue like many others.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

jmaxman is just getting started

Very Very Nice Rom I Loved all the customizations.... However I had to let it go until a few things get fixed.. A few threads back a someone mention that wireless tabs are blank it - I had the same problem. And notifications at the top is strange not working properly. There were two comm managers in setting...
Old 03-19-2009, 09:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sirtronics is a n00b

First of all GREAT ROM!!!
I really love what you have done with 3.9.
SO far the only problem I see is the pop up notification windows is to low to read. is this fixed in 3.95? Or should I wait for a new rom?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development