PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Re: (2-1-2009) MERDIN'S ROM V3.4 {Build 20954.1.5.0} [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapii View Post
quick question.. ( Im new to all this stuff) lol is there anyway to delete or disable icontacts? and how do i go about updating the prl? thanks

use Resco Explorer which is in programs, then go into the Windows folder, and search for Settings.exe it should have the icontacts icon on it, and in there you can disable it.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

trmitche2 is a n00b
Question Re: (2-1-2009) MERDIN'S ROM V3.4 {Build 20954.1.5.0} [UC]

Hi All (first post, but a long time anonymous lurker)
I used the *browser* search feature to search this entire thread page by page for the answer to my question after getting a hit on this thread in the *forum* search, but to no avail. I have actually read most of the thread previously, but I've read so many other threads for various reasons since then that I can't always remember what's what...

So first of all.....AWESOME ROM MERDINH

My question concerns "Second Today" (and that was my exact search string in both the forum search and the browser page search)

I installed it last night ,because I really like weatherpanel/phone Alarm/PhatPhinger IV (especially the traffic images available on PPIV), BUT I'm not ready to give up TouchFlo3D now that I'm in love with it again after installing Merdinh's ROM.

It seemed to install OK, and so I started it up for the first time and then went into the second today settings, thinking this would be pretty easy. From a demo of ST that I saw on Youtube, there is apparently supposed to be a softkey that will switch between TF3D and ST? This didn't seem to work quite right for me. I could see from the task manager that ST was running, and once I enabled TF3D in the ST settings, TF3D loaded, but there was no softkey to get me to the Today screen. The softkeys did not change from what they were before ST was installed. When I closed ST from the taskman, no more TF3D. I later figured out that ST seems to disable TF3D in the main Today settings page on the phone, so at that point I got scared that I might be about to corrupt your lovely setup. I uninstalled ST and re-enabled TF3D in the main today settings.

Sorry for the long post, but I just want to know if my problems were due to the ROM, or just something I'm not getting.

As an aside, if I can get this worked out, is anyone using Merdinh's ROM along with ST, and also using Weatherpanel, PhoneAlarm and ESPECIALLY PhatPhinger? (which is a WP skin if I'm understanding correctly?)

I apologize for any ignorance I'm throwing out here. I've only just gotten into this stuff, although I was a 'stock' Mogul owner before my send key went kaput, resulting in a free TP that is the best piece of tech. that ever happened to me, especially now with this ROM.

PLEASE keep up the good work Merdin. Thanks in advance for any assistance that anyone can provide.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmitche2 View Post
Hi All (first post, but a long time anonymous lurker)
I used the *browser* search feature to search this entire thread page by page for the answer to my question after getting a hit on this thread in the *forum* search, but to no avail. I have actually read most of the thread previously, but I've read so many other threads for various reasons since then that I can't always remember what's what...

So first of all.....AWESOME ROM MERDINH

My question concerns "Second Today" (and that was my exact search string in both the forum search and the browser page search)

I installed it last night ,because I really like weatherpanel/phone Alarm/PhatPhinger IV (especially the traffic images available on PPIV), BUT I'm not ready to give up TouchFlo3D now that I'm in love with it again after installing Merdinh's ROM.

It seemed to install OK, and so I started it up for the first time and then went into the second today settings, thinking this would be pretty easy. From a demo of ST that I saw on Youtube, there is apparently supposed to be a softkey that will switch between TF3D and ST? This didn't seem to work quite right for me. I could see from the task manager that ST was running, and once I enabled TF3D in the ST settings, TF3D loaded, but there was no softkey to get me to the Today screen. The softkeys did not change from what they were before ST was installed. When I closed ST from the taskman, no more TF3D. I later figured out that ST seems to disable TF3D in the main Today settings page on the phone, so at that point I got scared that I might be about to corrupt your lovely setup. I uninstalled ST and re-enabled TF3D in the main today settings.

Sorry for the long post, but I just want to know if my problems were due to the ROM, or just something I'm not getting.

As an aside, if I can get this worked out, is anyone using Merdinh's ROM along with ST, and also using Weatherpanel, PhoneAlarm and ESPECIALLY PhatPhinger? (which is a WP skin if I'm understanding correctly?)

I apologize for any ignorance I'm throwing out here. I've only just gotten into this stuff, although I was a 'stock' Mogul owner before my send key went kaput, resulting in a free TP that is the best piece of tech. that ever happened to me, especially now with this ROM.

PLEASE keep up the good work Merdin. Thanks in advance for any assistance that anyone can provide.

TouchFlo3d can only run by itself, so once touchflo 3d is enable no other home screen on the touch pro can be used other then touchflo 3d, but you can run others if you disable touchflo 3d, and thats the only way youll have it is by enabling touchflo 3d once you want to use it, and disabling it once you want to use htc home.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:14 AM
Lurker

trmitche2 is a n00b

Wow thanks for the quick reply!

However, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're telling me, your comments are not consistent with this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2MYv5ooIp0
Old 02-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Lurker

trmitche2 is a n00b

One addendum: When I had Second Today installed, I found the setting that was supposed to map ST to either the left or right softkey, but it did not change either softkey on the homescreen. That's why I thought that the custom ROM might be the reason I was having trouble, since the person in the video seems to be running a stock (or at least stock-looking) ROM.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Jake62 is just getting started

Quote:
One addendum: When I had Second Today installed, I found the setting that was supposed to map ST to either the left or right softkey, but it did not change either softkey on the homescreen. That's why I thought that the custom ROM might be the reason I was having trouble, since the person in the video seems to be running a stock (or at least stock-looking) ROM.
The information on this LINK helped me get this set up on my Touch Pro. Works with no problems.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:28 AM
Lurker

trmitche2 is a n00b

**Hey, thanks Jake!**

Merdin: You are obviously a great cook, but, I mean, no one knows it all right? I almost feel like maybe you mis-understood my question originally, because I'm brand new to this, but even I understand that Second Today is designed to do exactly what you didn't think could be done. (Maybe I should't be so sure though, I am a total noob as I said, so I'm ready to ready to eat my words).

In any case, can you please review the link that Jake provided and re-assure me that using those instructions to remap the left softkey to Second Today won't cause me to mess up your ROM? (other than losing my current TF3D home screen left softkey link to File Explorer of course).

Thanks!

Last edited by trmitche2; 02-06-2009 at 03:36 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Hawaiian80 is becoming a great contributor

Thanks thundrbird1...

I got that ##786# command from the keyboard (on the keypad), but Merdin's previous rom had it on the "Device Information" as page 4. No keys to press, could just look there at a separate page while looking up other phone information from that section. I just thought it was a handy tool to have.

I was just wondering if there was a quickie file to add.

Thanks though! All input is greatly appreciated...
Old 02-06-2009, 11:02 AM
ALi
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Converted to Evo-ism
Carrier: Left VZW Moved to Sprint

ALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
**Hey, thanks Jake!**

Merdin: You are obviously a great cook, but, I mean, no one knows it all right? I almost feel like maybe you mis-understood my question originally, because I'm brand new to this, but even I understand that Second Today is designed to do exactly what you didn't think could be done. (Maybe I should't be so sure though, I am a total noob as I said, so I'm ready to ready to eat my words).

In any case, can you please review the link that Jake provided and re-assure me that using those instructions to remap the left softkey to Second Today won't cause me to mess up your ROM? (other than losing my current TF3D home screen left softkey link to File Explorer of course).

Thanks!
Hello Trmitche,

There is a better and easier method for using your second today screen with TF3D. This method will not only allow you to Keep TF3D but also Second Today with just one click of a soft button on your main screen. Go to this link and check it out. It's in Post #5. Let me know how you like it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=470011

ALi
Old 02-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

bigpapii is a n00b

is there any way to get rid of the slide to answer? seems like everytime i get a call and slide it the phone freezes for a few before going to the call... .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development