PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 02:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Rhino27 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (2-1-2009) MERDIN'S ROM V3.4 {Build 20954.1.5.0} [UC]

I love this rom!!

Questions: how did you create the button to turn on/off bluetooth?
how do I add it to the start menu like you did?
(I want to cook a rom and want to add that feature)

Thanks
Old 02-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

sproull777 is a n00b

I am having problems removing the voicemail notification on my home screen with Merdins ROM. I tried the usual Start->Settings->Phone->Services, but I do not see a voicemail option to clear the notification. Is this a Merdin specific ROM issue or is the voicemail option not available in any HTC Touch Pro phones? Does anyone know how to remove this notification? It is driving me crazy. thanks
Old 02-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sproull777 View Post
I am having problems removing the voicemail notification on my home screen with Merdins ROM. I tried the usual Start->Settings->Phone->Services, but I do not see a voicemail option to clear the notification. Is this a Merdin specific ROM issue or is the voicemail option not available in any HTC Touch Pro phones? Does anyone know how to remove this notification? It is driving me crazy. thanks
The only way to remove it from a touch pro is if you can your voicemail and listen to it, then it automatically removes.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino27 View Post
I love this rom!!

Questions: how did you create the button to turn on/off bluetooth?
how do I add it to the start menu like you did?
(I want to cook a rom and want to add that feature)

Thanks
Download Calkulins kitchen, and there is a OEM file in there that you can use for bluetooth.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:38 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwoogy21 View Post
hi, is there somewhere i can download the 3.3 version? thanks.
Sorry i dont have the link no more for version 3.3, not sure why you would want to go to 3.3 because there were some bugs in there, and everything is fixed in 3.4
Old 02-18-2009, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jinzhen is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
oh man, i've went through 4 touch pro's already lol, and your still on the first.
Ya, I'm trying to hold out on it, but looks like I'm gonna have to turn it in for a new one lol. The hardware reset worked so now I can use world card mobile. I still get a few freezes here and there along with a few other issues but I'm going to chalk it up to it being the phone's fault and not the rom. Once I get a new phone, ill flash it and see....im sure its probably the phone. Great ROM.....I do have one suggestion possibly. I'm using the arcsoft mms messenging service or whatever so i love that but even when viewing pictures, it still uses the sprint picture mail menu and "gui", which is really slow loading if you have more than one picture received from a contact, it really takes forever to view the previews (you know the one where you see the thumbnail before u actually click the picture). Then it takes a long time loading the picture once its done loading the preview. Is there any way to speed up this process? If not, I hope there could be a fix for this in the future build. Thanks again!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:41 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinzhen View Post
Ya, I'm trying to hold out on it, but looks like I'm gonna have to turn it in for a new one lol. The hardware reset worked so now I can use world card mobile. I still get a few freezes here and there along with a few other issues but I'm going to chalk it up to it being the phone's fault and not the rom. Once I get a new phone, ill flash it and see....im sure its probably the phone. Great ROM.....I do have one suggestion possibly. I'm using the arcsoft mms messenging service or whatever so i love that but even when viewing pictures, it still uses the sprint picture mail menu and "gui", which is really slow loading if you have more than one picture received from a contact, it really takes forever to view the previews (you know the one where you see the thumbnail before u actually click the picture). Then it takes a long time loading the picture once its done loading the preview. Is there any way to speed up this process? If not, I hope there could be a fix for this in the future build. Thanks again!
You can remove the sprint picture mail, and add your own mms just by going into settings, and then system and then remove programs, and remove sprint picture mail.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

So I dont need to have the sprint picture mail for the arcsoft mms to work and still view pictures and stuff? I never tried it....
Old 02-18-2009, 11:56 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinzhen View Post
So I dont need to have the sprint picture mail for the arcsoft mms to work and still view pictures and stuff? I never tried it....
Not sure it depends on which service provider you have, if you have sprint then you might need it, im not sure since i never used arcsoft, and dont know if it handles incoming messages
Old 02-18-2009, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I tried looking in my remove programs list and i dont even see sprint picture mail to remove, the only thing i see close to it is "Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.69.44". I have Sprint, so I suppose I may need sprint picturemail.....guess Ill just have to deal with it being kinda slow perhaps

o well love the rom anyway lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development