PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 02:23 AM
ALi
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Converted to Evo-ism
Carrier: Left VZW Moved to Sprint

ALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *Updated* MERDIN'S ROM V2.5 { CE OS 5.2.20954 (Build 20954.1.5.0)}

Total Commander works fine for me with this rom. Unfortunately I can't get Tsowens Custom taskbar V.3 to work completely. The Start Menu Bar will not change for nothing. Even with using Resco and TC. This Rom Shellres file is really locked down.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:27 AM
ALi
Regular 'Geeker

ALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
Hears what you do

Go to Start menu/settings\system\Remove Programs\ and then remove the following programs Wei Enterproses Nuepower Driver, FInixNOver FInix..., and HTC Leeners Taskbar, and then reset your phone, and install your files.

Hello MerdinH,

I followed all of your instructions for installing the custom taskbar Icons for Tsowen and it does remove your default icons. but nothing appears to remove your start menu icon or change the signal strength Icon. I have used Resco Explorer and Total commander and no success with your shellres file. I'm getting access denied when it comes to that file because it says that it's in the rom.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Inimical is keeping up the good workInimical is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damionix View Post
Hello Merdinh,
First of all, Thanks a lot for all your hard work. The First time I tried your ROM, I was left with my mouth open for a while. I Never knew the PRO could be this fast and responsive. You did a lot of work on this, and the ROM is nothing but Awesome.
I have 3 Issues tho ( Not major at all)
1- Opera: How do I make it display full website and not the Mobile versions/ I do have the Mobile unchecked in settings. Yahoo.com displays in mobile form. It would be nice if I could fix this.
2- White Flip Clock: When I install a white dial clock, there is a little White Square to the left that displays on all the other tabs. I just wanna know if there is a way I can get rid of that.
3- Dialpad: Can I change the dialpad? I have a little visual problem and it gets a little too Dark for me to see sometimes. If I can, could you please point me to some cab files of Dialers?

Thats all my request. Hope this is not too much.
Thanks again
No offense, but I'm 100% sure that if you use the search function, you can find the answer to questions #1 and #3. There are definitely cab files for dialers out there...just do some searching man!
Old 01-03-2009, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALi View Post
Total Commander works fine for me with this rom. Unfortunately I can't get Tsowens Custom taskbar V.3 to work completely. The Start Menu Bar will not change for nothing. Even with using Resco and TC. This Rom Shellres file is really locked down.
I can confirm this as well. You can't change the start menu icon with this ROM. Just a recommendation, but I'd like to see stock icons and let people install custom as they wish.

Other then that, this is the best ROM I've come across...far better than the others with all the attention!
Old 01-03-2009, 02:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nbe1999 is becoming a great contributor

Just an update. By changing the signal strength bars to 7 instead of 5(stock on merdins rom) the icons are now tsowens. I redownloaded the Total Commander cab it worked fine for me. Funny, the bad TC cab was loaded on other roms many times. Not sure how it can go bad but it doesn't matter now that it is working. Hope this helps. It's a little easier than the way merdin was having us do it.

Last edited by nbe1999; 01-03-2009 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Apparently I can't spell
Old 01-03-2009, 03:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Damionix is keeping up the good workDamionix is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Damionix Send a message via MSN to Damionix Send a message via Yahoo to Damionix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inimical View Post
No offense, but I'm 100% sure that if you use the search function, you can find the answer to questions #1 and #3. There are definitely cab files for dialers out there...just do some searching man!
None taken. But yes, I have done some search, and I am doing the search related the ROM alone. That is why I contacted the maker. Because some Things a hard coded into ROMs. I want to hear from him before I get into tearing things apart and having to hard reset to get them back. But on another note, please if you have the links, would you be kind enough to point me to them? Thank You
Old 01-03-2009, 03:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Here you go:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...37&postcount=4

And for a dialer...you can use Calkulins black or white diamond dialer cab he has posted here (2nd post down):

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50857
Old 01-03-2009, 03:18 AM
ALi
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I can confirm this as well. You can't change the start menu icon with this ROM. Just a recommendation, but I'd like to see stock icons and let people install custom as they wish.

Other then that, this is the best ROM I've come across...far better than the others with all the attention! =D>
Totally agree that this is the best ROM out there....and thanks for the info.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Damionix is keeping up the good workDamionix is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Damionix Send a message via MSN to Damionix Send a message via Yahoo to Damionix

Quote:
Here you go:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...37&postcount=4

And for a dialer...you can use Calkulins black or white diamond dialer cab he has posted here (2nd post down):

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50857
Thanks, I appreciate it
Old 01-03-2009, 06:22 AM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damionix View Post
Hello Merdinh,
First of all, Thanks a lot for all your hard work. The First time I tried your ROM, I was left with my mouth open for a while. I Never knew the PRO could be this fast and responsive. You did a lot of work on this, and the ROM is nothing but Awesome.
I have 3 Issues tho ( Not major at all)
1- Opera: How do I make it display full website and not the Mobile versions/ I do have the Mobile unchecked in settings. Yahoo.com displays in mobile form. It would be nice if I could fix this.
2- White Flip Clock: When I install a white dial clock, there is a little White Square to the left that displays on all the other tabs. I just wanna know if there is a way I can get rid of that.
3- Dialpad: Can I change the dialpad? I have a little visual problem and it gets a little too Dark for me to see sometimes. If I can, could you please point me to some cab files of Dialers?

Thats all my request. Hope this is not too much.
Thanks again
question 1 on any page that you go to that is mobile, just scroll down all the way to the bottom of the page, and there will be a link that seas Desktop mode or desktop version, or it will say full page mode, just click on that link and it will make it like on the computer,

Question 2 Im not sure what it could be, can you take a picture of it and post it in hear, just use the Spb screen shot to take a pic which is on my rom.

Question 3, you can use the link from above post to change this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development