PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 12:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

lazybulldog is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Hello all!

I have been a ppckitchen fan for a while now. Great job! Back in the day, when we had to burn a rom, it required us to load the contents of a 2708 to a programmer and make individual changes to bytes. I think I still have an ultraviolet eraser someplace. Ppc kitchen is much more fun and you don't have to wait to erase the eproms!

I cut my teeth with the kitchen on my vzw6800. I even had the 20931 build working on it. Now that the 6800 randomly was turning off just before that important phone call came in, I thought it was time to move to the VZW Touch Pro.

Now, I already have the touch pro unlocked, but I am reticent to start playing with all the features. Why? Well, for the most part, I'm pretty happy with the TP ot of the box. I notice a lot of voice stuttering and higher memory usage than I would like to see (even with touchflo off). But overall, I like the Touch Pro.

Which leads me to this question; is there a way to put together a kitchen build which is as close to out of the box as possible? I'd like to start with a baseline and add and subtract on my own, knowing I can always go back to a baseline. I know I could go back to "stock" image, but I just thought it would be good to keep working inside the kitchen. Perhaps the baseline settings are bolded or the like. I have searched and looked, but have not found anything. I apologize if this has been asked an answered already.

Regards,
Lazybulldog
Old 02-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybulldog View Post
Which leads me to this question; is there a way to put together a kitchen build which is as close to out of the box as possible? I'd like to start with a baseline and add and subtract on my own, knowing I can always go back to a baseline. I know I could go back to "stock" image, but I just thought it would be good to keep working inside the kitchen. Perhaps the baseline settings are bolded or the like. I have searched and looked, but have not found anything. I apologize if this has been asked an answered already.
Sure. We have basekits for most every stock rom since the titan was first released.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:57 AM
Lurker

lazybulldog is a n00b

Thank you for the information. I must be missing some critcal piece of info someplace. Where would the "basekits" reside? I looked inside the kitchednand at the kitchen website. I'm not real proficient at XDA. If I select the latest vzw 20931 build, if I do not check anything off, will it give me a stock rom? I don't think so, but I can be wrong. I'm not familiar enough with nbh and ruu files to play with them outside the kitchen.

I'm also going out on a limb that the gps issues on the tp are resolved by using a kitchen build, so I'm going to give it a shot after a bit more reading on getting back to baseline.

Thanx again for all your help. It means a lot to us old geezers!

Lazybulldog
Old 02-04-2009, 12:50 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

[QUOTE=lazybulldog;685813]Where would the "basekits" reside? I looked inside the kitchednand at the kitchen website.[quote]The older ones are not up on the site. As we get time, we'll put them up.
Quote:
If I select the latest vzw 20931 build, if I do not check anything off, will it give me a stock rom?
yep. Except it will be 20931 instead of whatever version the stock rom was.
Quote:
I'm also going out on a limb that the gps issues on the tp are resolved by using a kitchen build, so I'm going to give it a shot after a bit more reading on getting back to baseline.
What gps issues?
Old 02-04-2009, 02:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Kolano is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybulldog View Post
If you mean the issues with Verizon or other carriers locking GPS functions, then not quite. Kitchen built ROMs are compatible with the fixes for GPS, but do not implement fixes them itself. You'll need to review the GPS fix thread, and make appropriate edits to your phone. I believe that after edits are made they will be preserved through future flashings.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: VZW

mikeklemz is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolano View Post
I believe that after edits are made they will be preserved through future flashings.
This has been the case in my experiences. I believe lllboredlll messed with the PRI/PRL to get the GPS working, which has nothing to do with the ROM. Official Carrier Rom Updates may be an exception, but as far as I know, custom pre-made and DIY kitchen roms should be safe...

Last edited by mikeklemz; 02-04-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (raph800)
Carrier: Alltel

Serrasalmuss is just getting started

problems that i have had is that when you use the background for all u cant change the background, tf3d randomly reboots, and sometimes the text msging is wierd using the 20931 build..and how do i save the rom to a file to place on a usb key or to send it to someone

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy SH&!...what a ride"
Old 02-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Lurker

lazybulldog is a n00b

Dear Guru and all,

I appreciate your help. I just want to make sure that if I wander away too far, I can always go back to stock as shipped. I downloaded a file the other day from sompeplace here that was:
RUU_Raphael_c_VZW_WWE_1.03.605.4_Opera2392_RS_6150 21_VZW_1.03.03V_1.46_51064_Ship This seems to be close to what shows up on my screen at boot up. I am VZW.

Of course, it not being a kitchen, I'm not sure what to do with it.

I guess I'll give it a stab though. If it will improve performance and the stuttering, I'm all for it.

Regards,
Lazybulldog
Old 02-05-2009, 01:52 AM
Lurker

lazybulldog is a n00b

One other question. I routinely check to make sure I have not included to many selections from the kitchen by computing the rom size befrore flashing. It sems that no matter what I do, I always get a red bat and the amount 201326592 above it every time. I have removed almost everything, less than would be in a sock build and I still get this result. I have restarted the program and it still gives me this result.

I searched for any issues with the computing size feature, but did not find anything. Am I doing something wrong? I would hope it would be common sense to make sure there is enough room befroe you stuff 10lbs into a 5lb bag.

Regards,
Lazybulldog
Old 02-05-2009, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Keyone is just getting started

No matter what I do, I can't seem to disable finger scrolling. I always thought this was called TouchFlo - is it not? I did not include TouchFlo or Manilla into my build, yet once flashed, HTC's scroll feature is there. I've tried doing the old registry disable edit like I did on my regular Touch, but it continues to function. I want to use FTouchSL to control my scrolling, but both programs will interfere with each other.

What is the proper method to stop this scrolling feature?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development